Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:07 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times

Advertisements

Depends. Some men can pull it off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 05:24 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I can't even imagine why someone wearing a scarf, would be of concern to anyone. Seems to me this has more to do with, associating a guy wearing a scarf as being gay. So the subject matter isn't really about guys wearing scarfs. Its about who is gay or not. It gets cold in many parts of the USA. You wear a scarf for the obvious reason, especially the commuter stuck out in the elements in the big cities and suburban transit centers.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 794 times
Nothing wrong with a guy wearing a scarf if it's winter and cold out side. But if it's a fashion statement, then it's totally gay. If your wearing it because you want to make women think your stylish, that is shallow and putting up a false perception. In other words your not being real or being your self. There was a time that women liked a guy with a Mullet too. If you chase fashion trends, you will be burning pictures of your self down the road. Lol...

Old 08-27-2015, 09:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
They are wearing the scarf to protect against the cold. Same as some do and other don't wear gloves.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:06 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith28 View Post
Nothing wrong with a guy wearing a scarf if it's winter and cold out side. But if it's a fashion statement, then it's totally gay. If your wearing it because you want to make women think your stylish, that is shallow and putting up a false perception. In other words your not being real or being your self. There was a time that women liked a guy with a Mullet too. If you chase fashion trends, you will be burning pictures of your self down the road. Lol...
So, wearing a scarf to impress women is "totally gay." Thanks Cletus, makes perfect sense.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:58 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Mullet? The 1980s never left this area.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:42 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
I agree. Cold weather scarves are 100% acceptable.. But if you're a dude pairing your fancy scarf with a t-shirt and skinny jeans gtfo my face! Lol

Old 08-29-2015, 11:48 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Honestly, I wouldn't even notice, unless it was a nice scarf, then I might. Aren't there more important things to think about when you're meeting someone or getting to know someone? Who cares about scarves?

Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,372 times
Wow. Reading this thred makes me glad I don't live around a bunch of mouthbreathing dudebros who fret about the motivations behind someone wearing a scarf. And that I'm married to a woman who likes that I dress with some effort and try to have some style.

Old 08-30-2015, 06:54 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Gay or not?

Sorry if I offend anyone but that's the first thing that comes to mind when I see a gentlemen wearing a scarf as a fashion statement. Now if you're a business man and are wearing one with a long sports coat, It looks quite proffesional. If you're wearing one because its cold out and you're trying to keep warm, then I can understand that as well. I just don't understand wearing one because you're trying to look "cute". Kind of makes it look as if you're trying too hard.

Example: I'm on the subwway this morning heading to work and I see a middle aged gentlemen board the train. He has a short casual wool coat on zipped up only half way with a thick scarf neatly tucked into his jacket covering his neck and chest. My first thought was "why not just zip the damn jacket up and you won't need a scarf?".

Your thoughts?
Maybe he doesn't want to zip his wool coat all the way up. Is it really that baffling to you?

Do you expect people to justify to you why they don't zip up their wool coat all the way while on a train?

Will you also be needing a few helpful notes from anonymous people on a forum as to why some people tilt their hat? Your first words of your post pretty much sum up your problem with the world. What possible difference does it make to you if someone is gay, straight, or bi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty