Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 06:15 AM

3,070 posts, read 2,402,586 times

Advertisements

Even with classic clothes, cuts and colors go in and out of style. I'm donating my bootcut jeans, but my dark brown jacket is staying in my closet--I'm hoping the color will make a comeback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2020, 07:29 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Even with classic clothes, cuts and colors go in and out of style. I'm donating my bootcut jeans, but my dark brown jacket is staying in my closet--I'm hoping the color will make a comeback.
Boot cut jeans are coming back in style.

I'd think brown would be a classic color.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:08 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Boot cut jeans are coming back in style.

The fit & cut is new tho.......after the high waist skinny the last couple of yrs. That's the problem with trying to hang on to old clothes IMO...specially jeans because their styles are so trendy.

Old 10-04-2020, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
The fit & cut is new tho.......after the high waist skinny the last couple of yrs. That's the problem with trying to hang on to old clothes IMO...specially jeans because their styles are so trendy.
I won't be going back to high waist pants any time soon if ever. I have a decent stash of low rise boot cut London jeans from before Victoria's Secret stopped selling them. It was the only place I could get 36 length so I stocked up.

Old 10-04-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I won't be going back to high waist pants any time soon if ever. I have a decent stash of low rise boot cut London jeans from before Victoria's Secret stopped selling them. It was the only place I could get 36 length so I stocked up.

You do you....I was just talking about how fashion evolves....even when it comes back in style, specially with jeans. It's easy to have jeans that look outdated IMO.

Old 10-04-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You do you....I was just talking about how fashion evolves....even when it comes back in style, specially with jeans. It's easy to have jeans that look outdated IMO.
That's what I've always done and will continue to do. I don't let fashion trends rule my world

Old 10-04-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
That's what I've always done and will continue to do. I don't let fashion trends rule my world

Um Ok.......BUT since it's a fashion & beauty thread....specially about clothes "going out of style", I was talking about fashion ofc....

Old 10-04-2020, 09:59 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
I loved those jeans for both the extra length that you mentioned and the fact that the waistbands were a bit higher in the back to prevent "panty peek." They also were shaped to fit long-legged women with round bottoms and a small waist. I have yet to find jeans that fit as nearly as well as those V.S. jeans! I still have a white pair from the early 2000s that I still wear--often with a vintage 1970s black velvet jacket.

What I do for my own wardrobe is choose the best that I can afford (or find as I love vintage clothes) in terms of classic, timeless pieces then add newer items and accessories to bring them a bit into a more current look. "Fast fashion" is something that I find to be wasteful while making everyone look more alike than I'd like for my own look.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
I loved those jeans for both the extra length that you mentioned and the fact that the waistbands were a bit higher in the back to prevent "panty peek." They also were shaped to fit long-legged women with round bottoms and a small waist. I have yet to find jeans that fit as nearly as well as those V.S. jeans! I still have a white pair from the early 2000s that I still wear--often with a vintage 1970s black velvet jacket.

What I do for my own wardrobe is choose the best that I can afford (or find as I love vintage clothes) in terms of classic, timeless pieces then add newer items and accessories to bring them a bit into a more current look. "Fast fashion" is something that I find to be wasteful while making everyone look more alike than I'd like for my own look.
They're awesome jeans! Too bad the company went out of business from what I see on google. You can only buy them 2nd hand, the only sizes I see are bigger then 4 or 6. You used to be able to buy them at Kohls too. I love they're the perfect blend of denim and spandex so they don't lose their shape. I bought them back then too. Mine aren't the really low cut waist, they fall just right to hold my "baby gut" in. I hate to think I'll have to go back to wearing Lee or Levis jeans just to get the long length. I really don't want to go in a higher waisted pants.

I also have the bell bottom ones. One of these days I may take the bells in to be more boot cut when my stock is gone.

I can't believe how well they've held up.

Old 10-04-2020, 11:58 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
They're awesome jeans! Too bad the company went out of business from what I see on google. You can only buy them 2nd hand, the only sizes I see are bigger then 4 or 6. You used to be able to buy them at Kohls too. I love they're the perfect blend of denim and spandex so they don't lose their shape. I bought them back then too. Mine aren't the really low cut waist, they fall just right to hold my "baby gut" in. I hate to think I'll have to go back to wearing Lee or Levis jeans just to get the long length. I really don't want to go in a higher waisted pants.

I also have the bell bottom ones. One of these days I may take the bells in to be more boot cut when my stock is gone.

I can't believe how well they've held up.
All of the V.S. clothing was great. I still own a decent bit of it, including a few of those cashmere sweaters and a beautiful plaid shirt dress.

I've taken to buying jeans at thrift stores as the selection is usually better than that I find in stores. Every so often, I find a pair of V.S. jeans in the mix. **squee!**

It seems as though most stores have ditched carrying longs/talls in stores in favor of directing customers to their online offerings. I hate that and prefer to shop in person so I can try on and buy clothes right away. It's why I'm standing in those brick and mortar stores and not shopping online in the first place.

Oh, the other thing in regards to whether or not I keep clothing is keeping in mind that my niece, who's built very much like I was at her age, is already as tall as I am, and is likely to be built like me as an adult, enjoys picking through my closet. She has her own sense of style, so I've tucked away a few things that I've aged out of for her future consideration.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 10-04-2020 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty