Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:38 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times

Advertisements

Urgent question. On Easter I am being visited by an old friend and her family. I have not seen her for ten years.

The past five years have been really stressful for me. If you are familiar with that "stress test" that measures life events that can impact your health, I am off the charts!

The following things have occurred within the past five years -

1. Loss of a loved one
2. health problems of spouse
3. loss of job
4. relocation to a new area
5. changes in friends and support system
6. forced to sell home for financial reasons

And others. I am OK and I'm greatful for what I have. However, the past few years have taken a tole on my face. I look more worn and tired. Sometimes I think I look haggard. It really has been hard on me.

The reality of this visit is just setting in. I was wondering if someone could suggest some treatments or minor procedures that I could have in the next week that would give me a fresher and more youthful look.

I really don't want to get into debates with people about plastic surgery. I am not opposed to it in moderation.

I have had Botox and a filler where I used to live. It was good. Because of all of the changes and moving, I am not as up on what people do as I once was.

I also do not like the general quality of my skin. It looks dull, slack and sallow I think it would also give me a bit of a psychological boost to look and feel better.

I only have about 1000$ that I can use.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 09:02 PM

699 posts, read 2,220,111 times
with only a week, i would do some kind of a spa day with facial, mani/pedi, a body scrub, and a massage. i'd also do an injectable - more botox and filler.
if i had more than a week, i would do much much more with time to recover.

maybe others have a more specific type of medi-facial that has less than one week recovery.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,607,699 times
With only a week, I'd go for a mini peel, possibly some filler for the naso-labial folds, teeth whitening and this About Art Harding (I think you can order it off Amazon with next/2-day delivery)

botox really takes a little longer to do its work, and I don't know if you would get strong results after only a week.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:20 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times
You both ROCK|! I am in a new area, and kind of without local girlfriends yet. I have teenagers and one is going off to college (more stress) and everything falls on me.

I found one local place - this area is NOT loaded with this type of thing. Where I lived before all of this just came under the of personal maintenance and upkeep. Everyone did this. I have made some friends but they are less "girly" than I am. Very nice, funny women, but I just know none of them do this, or would ever think of it.

The place that I found is https://nepaspa.com in Clark's Summit PA.
I'm a little nervous because I found the place online and I don't know anyone who has gone there.

As far as teeth whitening, that is also a great idea!Is this a special type of whitening product not available in stones?

I totally forgot about my teeth and they really can add years.

The visit happened rather suddenly, and I have been worrying about this. I feel very alone and stressed and I think this will be very helpful.

I had rather mediate results when I last trued Botox and Restylene. I obviously did not look good that day, but if I remember correctly, it did not take a long time to soften nasolabial folds or the horrible eleven that seems branded on my forehead

If any one has any additional suggestions, including over the counter products that work quickly, please let me know.

Many thanks!

Sheena.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
As far as teeth whitening, that is also a great idea!Is this a special type of whitening product not available in stones?
Get some Crest Whitestrips, the strongest formulation (I think it's the 7-day system), and use 2x or even 3x daily until the visit. Also get some Sensodyne toothpaste because the Whitestrips may make your teeth more sensitive by using them so much in a short period.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Stop all caffeine intake. Switch to water (flavored with natural fruit juice like lemon). Rehydrating will make your skin more fuller. Floss, brush, and rinse two to three times a day. Get a home spa facial supply kit from your local drug or department store. A gentle exfoliate and moisturizer will go a long way. Stress contributes to a lack of sleep. Skipping the caffiene will help with sleep. Other things that will help with sleep include daily exercise (like walking), melatonin, or OTC sleep aid like Unisom (some sleep aids work great for one person but do the opposite for another), and not eating within an hour or two of bed. Do light to moderate exercise twice a day (once before breakfast and once before supper).

Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Want to Look Younger in a Week - What is the best mini procedure I can do?????
Get at least 10 hours of sleep every night.
Do no drink any alcohol.
As soon as you wake up, do 3 rounds of 10 pushups, 10 situps, 10 air squats, 10 pullups, 10 jumping jacks, then any 30 minute yoga routine you find on youtube.
Eat a nice healthy breakfast every morning.
Eat healthy nutrition foods each day. NOT SALADS. Im talking lots of veggies, proteins, minimal fruits (i.e., one banana and one grapefruit per day).

This should help you.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
id go with botox. my mother in law recently went back to puerto rico and saw old friends she hasnt seen in years. someone asked about medical procedures she has had done. all she has done is botox.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM

5,404 posts, read 16,000,620 times
The Botox/fillers will do more faster than any other procedure. Any actual "surgery" won't give you time to heal...that takes WEEKS!

Exfoliate (I like St. Ives Renew and Firm Apricot scrub) every other day...not every day! Leaves your skin nice and moisturized and removes that dulling dead layer of skin.

The tooth whitening is good...Crest strips work wonders!

Good hair will also help...a semi-permanent color is easy on your own, and can brighten up your locks!

Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,817,357 times
You could also try visiting a few makeup counters to get an updated look - many women add ages to their years by either wearing too much makeup (or not enough if your skin is not looking its best alone), wearing the wrong shades or just not applying it right.

And, yes, I LOVE the Crest whitestrips - I use the Crest 3D professional effects, and they're fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty