Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 11:36 AM

262 posts, read 546,710 times

Advertisements

Is it because a nose is a facial feature than can truly make or break the face?

I've had people recommend other people should get a nose job, but rarely will someone say, "She should get butt implants." "She needs lip fillers.... badly!"

Hell, it's even ok to ask for one. I asked my mother for one and she gave me the ok, but I (jokingly) asked for implants and she said no.

Last edited by kawaiivictim; 11-10-2013 at 11:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 12:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,945,411 times
Few want to broach the other subjects because women have made it nearly impossible to say anything about their appearance without practically brow beating the offender.

Just mention weight around a woman and see what happens.

Of course, the truth is no one really needs any of those things, what you have is better than what any surgeon can change with the exception of disfigurement.

Weight is almost always a choice, the rest you are born with and are as precious and beautiful as can be. Have you see the people (usually women) who spend tens of thousands on face lifts, augmentations here and there and then plant their behinds at the table and don't get up until theirs, yours and everyone else's food is in their stomachs?

Forget the face lift, the breast implants, the butt implants, the battered lips and just keep fit. Once you change those other things, you will never meet the person who simply liked you the way you are and you can't go back. You are forever a facade of a person, something you played with because of vanity.

If you didn't value what you were, why should anyone ever value what you changed yourself into (through surgery/augmentations)? Your as fake as your implants.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Few want to broach the other subjects because women have made it nearly impossible to say anything about their appearance without practically brow beating the offender.

Just mention weight around a woman and see what happens.

Of course, the truth is no one really needs any of those things, what you have is better than what any surgeon can change with the exception of disfigurement.

Weight is almost always a choice, the rest you are born with and are as precious and beautiful as can be. Have you see the people (usually women) who spend tens of thousands on face lifts, augmentations here and there and then plant their behinds at the table and don't get up until theirs, yours and everyone else's food is in their stomachs?

Forget the face lift, the breast implants, the butt implants, the battered lips and just keep fit. Once you change those other things, you will never meet the person who simply liked you the way you are and you can't go back. You are forever a facade of a person, something you played with because of vanity.

If you didn't value what you were, why should anyone ever value what you changed yourself into (through surgery/augmentations)? Your as fake as your implants.
I do value what I am. That's why I want the nose job, to make me MORE valuable...

and look better in pictures

I just wanna be the best looking me I can be.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,589,415 times
No thanks....At 50 I really don't care~ My nose it a part my history and me, it stays.No plastic nothing fake here ~~...

Old 11-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Oh, so nose jobs are considered fake?

I just felt like it's the more "acceptable" procedure, because noses ruin faces and lives and careers

Old 11-10-2013, 12:37 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post

I just felt like it's the more "acceptable" procedure, because noses ruin faces and lives and careers
Really?
I would disagree with that.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Really?
I would disagree with that.

I'm talking on a personal level.

Noses are evil disgusting creatures that take up your face, and ruin all your good feature. Noses are like big boobs, people will stare at them when talking to you.

I wish we all looked like Voldermort.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Oh, so nose jobs are considered fake?

I was referring to breasts/ bun implants....There comes a point in life one must find peace within, no plastic surgery will every replace that! ....It's a free world still, do as you like, it's your body but realize your still you no matter what you have done.....

Old 11-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I'm talking on a personal level.

Noses are evil disgusting creatures that take up your face, and ruin all your good feature. Noses are like big boobs, people will stare at them when talking to you.

I wish we all looked like Voldermort.

Only to a shallow person, why would you or anyone want spend your time and life amongst such persons?? I've not once ever have a man say anything negative about my nose,ever ! Nor has it gotten in the way of job offers or living this life... Just from what your saying, it sounds like this goes way deeper than a nose issue...Unless you get to the heart that issue resovle , you'll never be fix....

Old 11-10-2013, 02:41 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,945,411 times
Quote:
I do value what I am. That's why I want the nose job, to make me MORE valuable...

and look better in pictures

I just wanna be the best looking me I can be.
What makes you think you are going to be more valuable and to whom? Are you selling something? I know, the old cliche about one selling oneself for jobs and so on. You sell talent, skills and knowledge. Some people sell appearance but here is a news flash, once you've sold yourself by how you look, you are about the cheapest thing on the market.

As for pictures, have them taken from a different angle, learn what your best angle is a pose accordingly. Ever see that great looking female business reporter Bartelromo (or something like that)? They never show her from the side, always the font or in the position where her nose isn't in profile. She just takes pictures better from the front or slightly off center.

By hey, it's your nose, just hope your face likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty