Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM

744 posts, read 812,790 times

Advertisements

That's what she said, makes sense no?

Also don't wear sunscreen all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:32 PM

541 posts, read 861,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post

Don't wear sunscreen all the time??? Can you explain why you think would keep you young?

And I think her plastic surgeon is what's keeping her young looking.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,008,160 times
Well, I see no reason to wear sunscreen at night...so sure...do NOT wear it "all" the time! I agree...a fine plastic surgeon is her "humidifier"....

Shoot...we live in VA,....the "armpit" of humidity....and I can't say that my skin has benefitted from the moisture. Your skin can only hold so much water. Don't listen to her!

Old 04-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
Don't wear sunscreen all the time??? Can you explain why you think would keep you young?

And I think her plastic surgeon is what's keeping her young looking.
Cause sun is good for your skin and u also need natural vitamin D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Well, I see no reason to wear sunscreen at night...so sure...do NOT wear it "all" the time! I agree...a fine plastic surgeon is her "humidifier"....

Shoot...we live in VA,....the "armpit" of humidity....and I can't say that my skin has benefitted from the moisture. Your skin can only hold so much water. Don't listen to her!
Is VA really a humid place? I didn't know that.

Do you have bad skin? Maybe because you wear sunscreen outside and use unnatural skin cleansers etc? Wash your skin with honey and baking soda.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,053,635 times
Aside from the four years living in the South where the air is very humid at all time, I've always been sleeping with a humidifier next to my bed, not for cosmetic purpose, but because it helps my sinus. For seven years, I even lived in a house with humidifiers hanging from every radiator to provide extra humidity all day long. I started living with humidifiers many decades ago, way before Fran Drescher became well known. I don't know how young Ms. Drescher looks since I don't watch TV or read celebrity magazines, but I am sure I only look about five years younger than my age, not young enough to make anyone sit up and notice. And no, I don't think my humidifiers have anything to do with the way I look.

Last edited by Ol' Wanderer; 04-02-2012 at 07:39 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Wanderer View Post
Aside from the four years living in the South where the air is very humid at all time, I've been sleeping with a humidifier next to my bed for many decades now. I don't know how young Ms. Drescher looks since I don't watch TV or read celebrity magazines, but I am sure I don't look very young myself. About five years younger than my age, maybe, but not young enough to make anyone sit up and notice. And no, I don't think my humidifier has anything to do with the way I look.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong but I noticed when I was out in dry Colorado people once they hit their 30s seemed to look 5-10yrs older than people where I live.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:49 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,053,635 times
Quote:
I'm not saying you're right or wrong but I noticed when I was out in dry Colorado people once they hit their 30s seemed to look 5-10yrs older than people where I live.
The sun in CO is much stronger than in New England, and people in CO are more of outdoor type (hikers, climbers, mountain bikers, etc.) meaning they expose themselves regularly to sun, wind, snow, etc. That's the reason most people in mountain areas look older than city people.

Where I live now in Southern CA, 6700+ ft up the mountain, people look older than their counterparts 50 miles down the hill.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 PM

1,812 posts, read 3,362,402 times
and a plastic surgeon on her speed dial

Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,721,387 times
Quote:

I have lived in different climates and think a good humidity level makes my skin and hair look a lot better. I have to use one of those humidifiers in the winter of the NE with the dry heat. Not really for vanity reasons but so I don't wake up with a bloody nose. LOL.

I think sunscreen is over hyped and over used. I never wear it and don't have wrinkles. But I don't really burn either.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:30 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,942,873 times
lol Fran must've nicknamed her plastic surgeon her "humidifier". She is 54 years old and looks amazing, there is lipo and facelifts involved. Staying out of the sun is the best beauty advice, look at Julianne Moore. She is a pale redheaded Irish woman and is 51 and looks unbelievable. If it can work for her it can work for white women who aren't pale as snow, just put on strong suntan lotion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty