Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:12 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
I understand that. But why are more mixed looking women's entire package more attractive than more Afrocentric lookign women? I notice you named a lot of mixed women in your list
OMG, you are missing the boat on this. Its about what I (ME) find attractive. Not one type of woman being more more attractive than another type of woman. You're personal insecurities are once again creeping into this thread.

I cannot say that "mixed looking" women are more attractive than "Afrocentric" looking women or vice versa. Any woman from Group "A" can be as or more beautiful than any woman from Group "B", and any woman from Group "B" can be more beautiful than any women in Group "A". Same with women from Groups "C" through "Z". Its about the entire package.

What exactly is "Afrocentric" anyway and why are you so enamored and fascinated by it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OMG, you are missing the boat on this. Its about what I (ME) find attractive. Not one type of woman being more more attractive than another type of woman. You're personal insecurities are once again creeping into this thread.

I cannot say that "mixed looking" women are more attractive than "Afrocentric" looking women or vice versa. Any woman from Group "A" can be as or more beautiful than any woman from Group "B", and any woman from Group "B" can be more beautiful than any women in Group "A". Same with women from Groups "C" through "Z". Its about the entire package.

What exactly is "Afrocentric" anyway and why are you so enamored and fascinated by it?
afrocentric are the facial features on the model I posted. I always see mixed women being touted as more beautiful than fully black looking women like me, by both black and white men. I just want to know why its considered more attractive and what I can do to make myself look more like them.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:53 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
everyone of them are very attractive nyanna...all very beautiful women

Old 04-23-2012, 02:56 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
My honest opinion - I'm not really attracted to Black women personally, sorry if anyone finds this offensive but we all have our personal tastes. Anyway, some of those models are definitely above average for Black women, I think. Some of them I really can not see how they got booked for modeling gigs

Old 04-23-2012, 03:03 PM

These women are particularly unnapealing to me. Curioous from guys who do like Black women if you disagree?:

This one below also, she looks angry, not seductive or anything, just angry. Quite unappealing facial expression regardless of whether she was very beautiful or not

Old 04-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
These women are particularly unnapealing to me. Curioous from guys who do like Black women if you disagree?:

This one below also, she looks angry, not seductive or anything, just angry. Quite unappealing facial expression regardless of whether she was very beautiful or not
wait wait just comment on the model, don't turn this into a black woman bashing thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
wait wait just comment on the model, don't turn this into a black woman bashing thread
My comments are not Black woman bashing, or bashing women at all. I can be impartial even though Black women aren't my personal taste..Just as I can tell whether a guy is good looking or not even though I'm not gay. If someone asked my opinion, on White, yellow, purple models I would do the same... I don't think those women are have model looks at all... There are plenty of Black women who would make great models, I don't think these ones fall into that catagory. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
My comments are not Black woman bashing, or bashing women at all. If someone asked my opinion, on White, yellow, purple models I would do the same... I don't think those women are have model looks at all... There are plenty of Black women who would make great models, I don't think these ones are. Sorry if this isn't what you were looking for.
You were trying to turn this into a black woman bashing thread by posting photos of Afrocentric models to indicate how angry, and unattractive you think black women with those features are. Just comment on the model I have and keep it moving.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:18 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
The woman posted at the beginning of the thread is, to me, pretty, but not showstoppingly gorgeous. The next woman posted, the British plus-sized model, has a far more beautiful face, in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
You were trying to turn this into a black woman bashing thread by posting photos of Afrocentric models to indicate how angry, and unattractive you think black women with those features are. Just comment on the model I have and keep it moving.
Whaaat? I commented on the models. They have nothing do do with Black women as a whole, just those particular models. It would be ridiculous to say Black women look angry...That model has an angry facial expression, if she was smiling she would not look angry, if she threw on the bedroom eyes she wouldn't either...

I think you're being a bit too sensitive but I will take my leave of this thread for the sake of it getting back on topic, though I am now confused as to what exactly that topic is...You asked peoples opinion on these models, I gave it. I wasn't trying to offend anyone lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty