Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,572,797 times

Advertisements

I never understood this. For example....This morning I'm riding the subway on my way to work, and this woman wearing a REALLY short skirt sits right next to me and across from a middle aged man. The man took notice of her revealing outfit but wasnt over the top with the staring. She gave him a dirty look and said "can I help you with something???" then proceeding to talk under her breath about how men are so disrespectful and nasty! In my mind I'm saying to myself..."If you have a problem with men admiring your skimpy outfit and revealing body, how about you just NOT wear that, and if you just like dressing that way, then dont complain if men look.

How about the women who wear low cut jeans and pull their shirts down every 7 seconds as they are walking while looking back to see who's behind them staring at the crack of their a**. First of all, If I have to adjust my attire every 15 steps, I shouldnt be wearing it. Secondly, if i purposely buy low cut jeans, then I shouldnt be worrying about who can see a part of my body that I'm purposely trying to reveal! I've even seen one woman complain that a man was staring at her feet. WTF???? . Lady, if you have a problem with a man staring at your feet, then you shouldnt be wearing shoes/sandals/flip flops that expose them. What's up with these women???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I never understood this. For example....This morning I'm riding the subway on my way to work, and this woman wearing a REALLY short skirt sits right next to me and across from a middle aged man. The man took notice of her revealing outfit but wasnt over the top with the staring. She gave him a dirty look and said "can I help you with something???" then proceeding to talk under her breath about how men are so disrespectful and nasty! In my mind I'm saying to myself..."If you have a problem with men admiring your skimpy outfit and revealing body, how about you just NOT wear that, and if you just like dressing that way, then dont complain if men look.

How about the women who wear low cut jeans and pull their shirts down every 7 seconds as they are walking while looking back to see who's behind them staring at the crack of their a**. First of all, If I have to adjust my attire every 15 steps, I shouldnt be wearing it. Secondly, if i purposely buy low cut jeans, then I shouldnt be worrying about who can see a part of my body that I'm purposely trying to reveal! I've even seen one woman complain that a man was staring at her feet. WTF???? . Lady, if you have a problem with a man staring at your feet, then you shouldnt be wearing shoes/sandals/flip flops that expose them. What's up with these women???
LOL! Exactamundo!

I'm amazed at the amount of women who wear skirts up to their rears and expect that men won't look! Come on now!!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,637 times
So freaking bizarre, I know. As a woman, I can attest to one thing. Most women are slightly to moderately insane. That's really all I've got~

Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,477,372 times
If a women makes a snark comment about you "looking" then respond with a statement of flattery for noticing!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,920 times
Maybe, just maybe, that woman wasn't wearing that skirt for your viewing pleasure. Maybe she doesn't like being leered at like a piece of meat.

This is the same logic rapists use. "Well if she wasn't interested in having sex, why was she dressed so sexy?!" Of course ogling and sexual assault are two very different things, but you're using the same exact justification.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,301,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
If a women makes a snark comment about you "looking" then respond with a statement of flattery for noticing!
Or you could say this:

"I couldn't help but notice that you have decided to sport a skirt that is up to your rear, and a blouse that is down to your breast crack."

"Oh, and by the way, those 4 inch heels you're also wearing really set the whole thing/ensemble off!"

Old 06-08-2012, 09:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Heck when I was younger I hoped they would stare. No, I don't mean I wore clothes that showed it all, but I did like my mini skirts. I also loved to wear my shorts, short and loved those old strapless bathing suits. Today, anything above my calf would make the world laugh...

Nita

Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,087,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Maybe, just maybe, that woman wasn't wearing that skirt for your viewing pleasure. Maybe she doesn't like being leered at like a piece of meat.

This is the same logic rapists use. "Well if she wasn't interested in having sex, why was she dressed so sexy?!" Of course ogling and sexual assault are two very different things, but you're using the same exact justification.

What exactly do they wear revealing clothes for then? IMO they want people to look but at the same time they don't want to seem like attention seekers so they try to play it down.

You know that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Do they really think that one day men will no longer look at them in revealing clothes? (There is an answer to that and its when they hit 55 or so)

Old 06-08-2012, 10:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
No evidence that she was being leered at. As well, if she's wearing a very sexy, revealing piece of clothing, it's only natural that she will be noticed. I didn't say she should be leered at or harassed - but she will be looked at. So why was she wearing it if she didn't expect that someone would notice?

Quote:
I do not agree.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:13 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,140,673 times
I agree with the OP; women should know that certain outfits will elicit a certain response from men. Either deal with it, or wear something else if you're going to get offended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty