Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Oh sure, she's not "ideal" to a lot of men, but most of those men probably wouldn't run around calling a woman who looks like her repulsive. I'm just saying, everyone else managed to express their opinion without insulting everyone who disagrees.

You have to take everything Doll Eyes says with a grain of salt. She has some resentment for the world.

Don't make me a special case, you need to be taking what everyone says on the internet "with a grain of salt." Seeing as you don't know any of THEM either.....Also, you don't need to speak for me, I do that fine on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Actually, many men would, and Im sure, have called her things like "fat pig", "midget" or other such comments. These would probably be the very kind obsessed with the tall thin super model type.

Thats the thing, I didnt insult anyone. I said PERSONALLY I find them repulsive, that is all. Im positive other guys find them attractive, and I dont knock them. I am all for the "too each his own" theory.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and Id have no right to, or would I ever, insult someone else for having tastes conflicting of mine.

Thats actually what I was pointing out. I imagine that she probably isnt of the super model body type, but has got in her head that is all men are attracted to, and is resentful for that.

I was using myself as an example of a guy who not only is not attracted to that body type, but actually finds it completely unattractive.

I didn't get it out of my head or pull it out of my as*, I got it from seeing men and how they react to certain types of women on a daily basis.

You would have to be dumb, deaf, blind, or lying to sit there and beleive majority of men walking the earth ignore these model types of women or find them "unattractive" or "repulsive." It's always on the internet where guys want to say they are not in that majority and take such offense to this. IRL it's a different story. Instead they want to 'blame' the female half of the population for why these women are lusted after in the first place? Yes, we caused them to become the standard of beauty and/or desire. LOL. But okay, whatever. I'm going to take what you say with a grain of salt as well.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I didn't get it out of my head or pull it out of my as*, I got it from seeing men and how they react to certain types of women on a daily basis.

You would have to be dumb, deaf, blind, or lying to sit there and beleive majority of men walking the earth ignore these model types of women or find them "unattractive" or "repulsive." It's always on the internet where guys want to say they are not in that majority and take such offense to this. IRL it's a different story. Instead they want to 'blame' the female half of the population for why these women are lusted after in the first place? Yes, we caused them to become the standard of beauty and/or desire. LOL. But okay, whatever. I'm going to take what you say with a grain of salt as well.
Men don't ignore the model types, though not all men will flock to them. What you don't understand is that men also admire other types of women, including your type, I'm afraid. You just don't want to understand that.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Men don't ignore the model types, though not all men will flock to them. What you don't understand is that men also admire other types of women, including your type, I'm afraid. You just don't want to understand that.

They do all flock to them. Sorry. I don't think some of these people realize, I lived with one of these types of women for 4 1/2 years or so. She was a model and certified pageant queen, was in the Miss Teen USA and Miss USA Pageants. Let me tell you how every man within a 20 mile radius "appreciated" her body type. I didn't see any who didn't, but suddenly they appears on the internet. LOL. Now, there was a man who would consistently order us pizzas on the weekend in the "hopes" she would throw him a bone (which she never did b/c she wasn't interested in him). There were probably other women that would've been happy to date him as is, but instead he would rather spend his time and money on some woman he barely knew b/c of her beauty. Other men also bought her personal items that didn't hardly know her. It was unbelievable. I sometimes wish every woman could live with a woman like that and see for themselves how men treat these types, if they don't beleive me. So I'm sorry again, I do not beleive they 'admire' all these other types of women, I think they take what they can get.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
They do all flock to them. Sorry. I don't think some of these people realize, I lived with one of these types of women for 4 1/2 years or so. She was a model and certified pageant queen, was in the Miss Teen USA and Miss USA Pageants. Let me tell you how every man within a 20 mile radius "appreciated" her body type. I didn't see any who didn't, but suddenly they appears on the internet. LOL. Now, there was a man who would consistently order us pizzas on the weekend in the "hopes" she would throw him a bone (which she never did b/c she wasn't interested in him). There were probably other women that would've been happy to date him as is, but instead he would rather spend his time and money on some woman he barely knew b/c of her beauty. Other men also bought her personal items that didn't hardly know her. It was unbelievable. I sometimes wish every woman could live with a woman like that and see for themselves how men treat these types, if they don't beleive me. So I'm sorry again, I do not beleive they 'admire' all these other types of women, I think they take what they can get.
There is not a woman on Earth I would randomly order pizzas for or buy items for in this way unless we were married or engaged. I admire beautiful women of all types, but I'll never act that crazy over anyone.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
There is not a woman on Earth I would randomly order pizzas for or buy items for in this way unless we were married or engaged. I admire beautiful women of all types, but I'll never act that crazy over anyone.
But if you believed you had a 'chance' (in your own mind) with a devastatingly attractive woman like that -- you would light up like a christmas tree and start throwing money at her. You disagreeing with this??

Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
But if you believed you had a 'chance' (in your own mind) with a devastatingly attractive woman like that -- you would light up like a christmas tree and start throwing money at her. You disagreeing with this??
Yes. I will never attempt to buy affection, much less sex.

I throw around nickels like they're manhole covers.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
I never said you pulled it out of your ass. You probably have reason to believe what you do. Not saying you dont.

Quote:
You would have to be dumb, deaf, blind, or lying to sit there and beleive majority of men walking the earth ignore these model types of women or find them "unattractive" or "repulsive."
Again, didnt claim all men, or even a majority of men. I never crowned myself spokesman. Im saying, when you just toss blanket statements out there based on your own limited observations, there are bound to be plenty of exceptions, which I am.

Quote:
It's always on the internet where guys want to say they are not in that majority and take such offense to this. IRL it's a different story.
If this wasnt the internet, Id post a photo of my WIFE, who has almost an identical body type to the picture I put up of Danielle Fishel. She is 5'2, has DD breasts, a big ass, and there is not a bit of tone or muscle about her.

Before I became in a commited relationship with her, I would never EVER consider even dating a woman over 5'7, a woman who you can comfortably place a level lengthwise on her ass and the bubble be around true, or a woman that you can bounce money off her abs.

These things are not remotely attractive to me, so, when I say that, I ABSOLUTELY mean it.

Quote:
Instead they want to 'blame' the female half of the population for why these women are lusted after in the first place? Yes, we caused them to become the standard of beauty and/or desire. LOL. But okay, whatever. I'm going to take what you say with a grain of salt as well.
First of all, I dont debate that these women are the "standard of desire". Second of all, I never once "blamed" anyone for that condition. I actually think there are a number of factors feeding the standard "model" image. However, ONE of those factors is not the fact that ALL men drool over them.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,249 times
Quote:

I throw around nickels like they're manhole covers.
That's attractive.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:11 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
They do all flock to them. Sorry. I don't think some of these people realize, I lived with one of these types of women for 4 1/2 years or so. She was a model and certified pageant queen, was in the Miss Teen USA and Miss USA Pageants.

There we go, we found the source of where you became jaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty