Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2012, 02:14 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Well, come on, who wouldn't want to date Topanga? But I do think you're being quite hyperbolic referring to any woman outside of your narrow preference range as "repulsive". Everyone has their preferences, but most have the capacity to at least appreciate why something outside of their preference might be considered desirable by others.
This.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 02:24 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,197,207 times
Quote:
Well, come on, who wouldn't want to date Topanga? But I do think you're being quite hyperbolic referring to any woman outside of your narrow preference range as "repulsive". Everyone has their preferences, but most have the capacity to at least appreciate why something outside of their preference might be considered desirable by others.

Some people wouldnt date "Topanga" she took enormous flack for her weight for most of her life. Shes also extremely short, which, some guys wouldnt find appealing. By the way, I was using Danielle Fishels body type as an example, not Danielle Fishel the person. Her body type is short, and more of a softer "curvey". Some people might date Danielle Fishel simply because she played Topanga, but they wouldnt date a random person who had an identical body type.

Also, I was never making a comment as to the opinion of all guys, just myself, and it was in response to a blanket statement made by someone about all guys, when clearly, there are several guys on this board alone who punch holes in that.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:35 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Some people wouldnt date "Topanga" she took enormous flack for her weight for most of her life. Shes also extremely short, which, some guys wouldnt find appealing. By the way, I was using Danielle Fishels body type as an example, not Danielle Fishel the person. Her body type is short, and more of a softer "curvey". Some people might date Danielle Fishel simply because she played Topanga, but they wouldnt date a random person who had an identical body type.

Also, I was never making a comment as to the opinion of all guys, just myself, and it was in response to a blanket statement made by someone about all guys, when clearly, there are several guys on this board alone who punch holes in that.
Oh sure, she's not "ideal" to a lot of men, but most of those men probably wouldn't run around calling a woman who looks like her repulsive. I'm just saying, everyone else managed to express their opinion without insulting everyone who disagrees.

You have to take everything Doll Eyes says with a grain of salt. She has some resentment for the world.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:36 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Well, come on, who wouldn't want to date Topanga?
Me! But I'd have no qualms giving Klum my number.

Quote:
But I do think you're being quite hyperbolic referring to any woman outside of your narrow preference range as "repulsive". Everyone has their preferences, but most have the capacity to at least appreciate why something outside of their preference might be considered desirable by others.
You do realize you're posting on City-Data right???

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 06-19-2012 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-19-2012, 02:41 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Yeah, I'm not an expert on sizes and yes, I have typically dated shorter women (5'2"-5'6"). I just want a woman who is at a "good" weight for her height. For example, I'm 6'0" and 185lbs. I think thats a good height/weight proportion for a guy. I work out and nobody would ever say I was overweight or underweight. Plus, taller people can get away with having a little extra weight (excluding health issues), as it doesn't show as much.
I don't agree that taller woman can get away with extra weight. Once the pass 35 forget girlish as an option!

I have two horse like 5'8" and 5'9" SILS with feet like boats who are not fat but at over 50 look matronly.

I am several years younger 5'3" and look girlish and gamine. They look like horses and as thought they could pull a plow.

Tall is NOT synonymous with pretty. I would not want to be one inch over 5'6"!!!

Old 06-19-2012, 02:59 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,197,207 times
Quote:
Oh sure, she's not "ideal" to a lot of men, but most of those men probably wouldn't run around calling a woman who looks like her repulsive.
Actually, many men would, and Im sure, have called her things like "fat pig", "midget" or other such comments. These would probably be the very kind obsessed with the tall thin super model type.

Quote:
I'm just saying, everyone else managed to express their opinion without insulting everyone who disagrees.
Thats the thing, I didnt insult anyone. I said PERSONALLY I find them repulsive, that is all. Im positive other guys find them attractive, and I dont knock them. I am all for the "too each his own" theory.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and Id have no right to, or would I ever, insult someone else for having tastes conflicting of mine.

Quote:
You have to take everything Doll Eyes says with a grain of salt. She has some resentment for the world.
Thats actually what I was pointing out. I imagine that she probably isnt of the super model body type, but has got in her head that is all men are attracted to, and is resentful for that.

I was using myself as an example of a guy who not only is not attracted to that body type, but actually finds it completely unattractive.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Actually, many men would, and Im sure, have called her things like "fat pig", "midget" or other such comments. These would probably be the very kind obsessed with the tall thin super model type.

Thats the thing, I didnt insult anyone. I said PERSONALLY I find them repulsive, that is all. Im positive other guys find them attractive, and I dont knock them. I am all for the "too each his own" theory.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and Id have no right to, or would I ever, insult someone else for having tastes conflicting of mine.

Thats actually what I was pointing out. I imagine that she probably isnt of the super model body type, but has got in her head that is all men are attracted to, and is resentful for that.

I was using myself as an example of a guy who not only is not attracted to that body type, but actually finds it completely unattractive.
Pish posh, saying "in my opinion" before making incredibly insulting statements doesn't get you off the hook for making incredibly insulting statements. You could have said "I'm really not attracted to tall, thin women. I only go for the short, soft, plump types. That's my ideal."

Old 06-19-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Me! But I'd have no qualms giving Klum my number.

You do realize you're posting on City-Data right???
If I don't set high expectations for them, how can I expect them to improve?

And, aw, Topanga was cute back in the day. She had a sort of cute, thick, spunky thing going, but her lack of neck has made weight gain extra rough on her.

Heidi Klum just seems like a cool person if only for her extreme devotion to halloween costumes.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
If I don't set high expectations for them, how can I expect them to improve?
It's easy. If you don't expect anything, then you won't be let down.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:19 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
No love for the tall,plump women?

I'm 5ft 7in and it seems at times I'm the tallest thing around.

My ideal is flaring hips and thick thighs and calves,with a small waist.
Small shoulders would help too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty