Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times

Advertisements

I just ordered samples of "Cowgirl Dirt" a mineral powder foundation that has jojoba oil in it... as I've said -- powders usually make me dry, but I'm intrigued by mineral foundations.... and at 99 cents for a sample for three trys, I'm willing to go for it again.

But one review I found said that she had dry skin and didn't like mineral foundations and she loved this stuff -- all she hated abut minerals didn't happen with this....

And frankly -- it's all this thread's fault -- I started looking again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 05:16 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I just ordered samples of "Cowgirl Dirt" a mineral powder foundation that has jojoba oil in it... as I've said -- powders usually make me dry, but I'm intrigued by mineral foundations.... and at 99 cents for a sample for three trys, I'm willing to go for it again.

But one review I found said that she had dry skin and didn't like mineral foundations and she loved this stuff -- all she hated abut minerals didn't happen with this....

And frankly -- it's all this thread's fault -- I started looking again...
Got the "dirt" today and buffed a little on -- so far -- no dryness... but I'm waiting. In my opinion the trial sizes were very generous -- since I like very light coverage, they are far more than one - three uses for me. Also on the website it was very clear what the shades were -- cremello is cool, champagne is neutral and the other one I can't remember was warm. Picked the right shade on the first try. Also it's not shiny... there's a glow to it but since there's no bismuth, it's not that tin man look I see with BM.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:12 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,740,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yep -- it couldn't beat back it's old fashioned persona.... and so now it's just in Europe -- some things are still available at Drugstore.com...
Check Ebay. There are a lot of British gals selling Max Factor.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:54 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,627 times
I'm absolutely in love with Givenchy Photo Perfection. It's so expensive but it works for me (it provides decent coverage without being heavy/cakey/tacky feeling, stays put ALL DAY but washes off easily, doesn't clog my pores!). Everything else seems inferior to it though, used to love Clinique and Almay foundations but now they feel cheap and gross on my skin.

I'm thinking of trying Lancome or Dior (I've heard MAC foundations are notorious for causing breakouts). Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've always eyeballed the Revlon Colorstay, but the few times I've used Revlon products on my face I've broken out horribly.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:22 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,719 times
Lancome is great for over 40 skin. I use their skin care, and my face is loving it.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
I use Guerlain Primer - L'Or Radiance and find myself always going back to Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation. (And Cle de Peau concealer)

I just tried the Revlon ColorStay Creme foundation this past Saturday night and liked it, but one night isn't enough for me to really give a strong review or opinion on it.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:10 AM

943 posts, read 1,844,456 times
Laura Mercier makes one of the best primers.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:49 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,457 times
Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 117 marble (winter) or 120 soft sand (summer).

I have oily, acne prone skin with huge pores that is a light color, but with an olive tone (hard to find color matches). This makeup wears well, covers well, and doesn't feel heavy. It also photographs great. It doesn't have spf, so you don't get "pale face" in photos (I do use an spf moisturizer, which interestingly doesn't cause the same effect).

I notice people who don't have oily skin don't like this as much though. My sister has "normal" skin & actually hates it. She has an easy time matching her peaches and cream complexion though.

My other favorite foundation is Everyday Minerals Matte foundation in Olive Fair (for winter, with a light dusting of Olive Medium in summer). This also wears well on oily skin, covers well, yet doesn't feel heavy.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,274 times
Default e liquid

Old 07-10-2012, 08:31 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,397,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
Laura Mercier makes one of the best primers.
I keep trying LM products, but find myself disappointed with them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Makeup Forever HD Foundation in 117 marble (winter) or 120 soft sand (summer).

I have oily, acne prone skin with huge pores that is a light color, but with an olive tone (hard to find color matches). This makeup wears well, covers well, and doesn't feel heavy. It also photographs great. It doesn't have spf, so you don't get "pale face" in photos (I do use an spf moisturizer, which interestingly doesn't cause the same effect).

I notice people who don't have oily skin don't like this as much though. My sister has "normal" skin & actually hates it. She has an easy time matching her peaches and cream complexion though.

My other favorite foundation is Everyday Minerals Matte foundation in Olive Fair (for winter, with a light dusting of Olive Medium in summer). This also wears well on oily skin, covers well, yet doesn't feel heavy.
I'm surprised you don't breakout with the MUFE HD. I rarely breakout or have reactions from makeup and every time I use the MUFE HD, I get pimples. I'm a MUFE fan and used their other foundations regularly (I use their loose powder daily) and I have a few bottles of the HD, but I keep telling myself I should toss them because I'm never happy with the results, but then I read posts like yours and think to myself "ahhh...maybe I'll give it another shot!" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty