Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2012, 05:49 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do think the Uk isn't as concerned with outward appearance,but I'm going with what I see on Tv.
I see ordinary people from England on Tv with imperfections all the time.
However, I see people making fun of people from England,esp their looks.
I hear the nasty teeth and ugly faces jokes all the time.
*sigh*

Nasty teeth jokes again? Jesus....and you yanks wonder why you're not exactly liked by the rest of the world. Case and point.

OMG Facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2012, 06:49 AM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I do think the Uk isn't as concerned with outward appearance,but I'm going with what I see on Tv.
I see ordinary people from England on Tv with imperfections all the time.
However, I see people making fun of people from England,esp their looks.
I hear the nasty teeth and ugly faces jokes all the time.

You have to be kidding me? I understand your an adult but this sounds like it came from an insecure 14 year old girl.

If you base your opinions off hearsay and other peoples jokes something went wrong...very wrong.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
*sigh*

Nasty teeth jokes again? Jesus....and you yanks wonder why you're not exactly liked by the rest of the world. Case and point.

OMG Facts
I didn't say I believe it,I just said I hear jokes about it allthe time. Doesn't mean its fact. When I look at the shows on BBC,the people look "normal" and not plastic,unreal types like American TV.
Most of the Bristish I know are some incredibly people with personalities that are amazing.

Someone actually explained to me that the reason some British have bad teeth is because the NHS doesn't pay for dental care.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,306,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
This is just bull****. First of all you are insulting the people of an entire continent when you said this...
Which is soooooo much more offensive than implications of the poster I was replying to, how?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Why do I get the impression that you've actually never met a Brazilian or a Colombian in your life?
Maybe because your sense of intuition is extremely poor?

My family isn't American btw...but with your lackluster sense of intuition I doubt you could suss that out.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Jerseygal, you already have a degree, right? If you're unsatisfied with your life and job right now, I'd say forget more schooling and the plastic surgery and instead invest in the things you love and the things that will help you get out of your job. Use the money to move, go skydiving, take a pottery class, buy a new wardrobe, take a salsa class.

But if you were just starting out and trying to decide between a boob job and college degree, the college degree wins every single time. Even if your ambitions included stripping, marrying a rich old man, and becoming a playboy bunny, the things you get based solely on your looks won't last and won't make you feel fulfilled.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

My family isn't American btw...but with your lackluster sense of intuition I doubt you could suss that out.
Just speaking out against ignorance. If you don't like it, you know where to shove it. You have the brain capacity of a centipede.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
You have the brain capacity of a centipede.
You suck at this.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,910,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post

How do you expect people to know your nationality on a message board? Are we supposed to be intuitive enough to know where everyone's family is from. Your family may not be American but you picked up the superficial habits of a stereotypical uneducated American.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
How do you expect people to know your nationality on a message board? Are we supposed to be intuitive enough to know where everyone's family is from. Your family may not be American but you picked up the superficial habits of a stereotypical uneducated American.
You could say that she/it has "assimilated" well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty