Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2016, 07:06 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,232 times

Advertisements

Lol my daughter used to have a private joke where she would harp on to me to sell her brother

Lets sell him mum

one day I turned to her and said

"I'd get more for you, youre the blue eyed blonde"

she never suggested it again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 07:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
This blue-eyed blonde absolutely loves the swarthy good looks of black hair and olive skin. Oddly, our kids all ended up with light hair and skin.
Me too! I love dark hair and carmel skin.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:16 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
This phenomenon has many very plain looking, and even ugly men and women thinking they are attractive. Most are just average. I don't get the excitement about blond hair and blue eyes.
I don't think the phenomena is as strong as it once was, but I am 1/2 Scandinavian and 1/2 Irish. Black Irish.

My mother has coal black eyes, dark brown hair and olive skin. Her family came from Northern Ireland.
She was only 5'1" at her tallest.

She is OBSESSED with blond blue eyed people. And I have seen this phenomena in action. She would attribute beauty to the most bland, washed out blond, with clunky, unrefined features, who is plain and gawky.

She hated my wife because she is 5'5 with reddish brown hair and green eyes. I like very refined chiseled features on women.

She was always pointing out gawky blonds at church with broad noses, small eyes and thing lips.

I happen to think that people in the middle are most attractive, but that good looking people come in all shapes and sizes, but some very fair women on my father's size can have awkward features and postures.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:18 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,232 times
I took my blonde blue eyed girl to Asia and they were taking photos of her

Old 03-12-2016, 06:40 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
To you they are. It seems that at least in the US, dark Mediterranean types are pushing the fair Northern European look aside. Think of the Kardashians popularity. Not my type, but my wife's niece dyed her blond hair BLACK recently. Not at all unusual in her age group. 20s.

In the interest of full disclosure, my wife is fair, with green eyes and blonde hair. She is of northern European heritage.

But, pretty women come is all shades. You seem, at least by your posts, and screen name to be fixated on Anglo Saxons.

Our daughter is Asian, and she is very, very pretty.
Don't be confused! I only explained how the blonde hair and blue-eyed concept of beauty came about. I did not show any preference.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:04 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I don't get the excitement about blond hair and blue eyes.
People have always coveted that which is rare.

Blue eyes and blond hair are becoming increasingly rare, if I understand correctly.

I prefer black/dark brown hair. Not concerned with eyes, though mine are deep blue.

Anyway, what is beautiful is beautiful, regardless of color. And different people see different beauty.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:27 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,441,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
It is not the standard but it is the most desirable.

But Hitler wanted to make blond hair and blue eyes, one of the standards
of his superior race that he was trying to develope.
Funny how Hitler wanted a blond/blue eyed race for superiority, yet he had brown hair
and eyes...he didn't measure up to the standards of superiority himself.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:08 PM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Funny how Hitler wanted a blond/blue eyed race for superiority, yet he had brown hair
and eyes...he didn't measure up to the standards of superiority himself.
Hitler had blue eyes and light brownish hair.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:15 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,441,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Hitler had blue eyes and light brownish hair.
Sorry, I stand corrected..he was half superior....

Old 03-16-2016, 03:45 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Sorry, I stand corrected..he was half superior....
1/3 because he wasn't tall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty