Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 01:46 PM

368 posts, read 578,225 times

Advertisements

I prefer brunettes or red heads with hazel/green eyes <3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2016, 04:21 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,460,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
This phenomenon has many very plain looking, and even ugly men and women thinking they are attractive. Most are just average. I don't get the excitement about blond hair and blue eyes.
It is so simple! The blonde and blue-eyed = beauty is so, as a result of Northern European dominance. Since blonde hair is common in Northern Europe, and even many are actually born blonde and later darken in life. Blonde hair was seen as a symbol for youthfulness and beauty. This concept was propagated through their more dominant literature and media, and has been accepted by others who came even from non-Northern European or also Non-Europeans. Colonization by Northern European countries such Britain, the Netherlands, Denmark to an extent also France brought that same concept of beauty wherever they went.
In fact blue-eyed people are naturally more common in Europe, particularly Northern Europe than elsewhere.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:05 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,566,132 times
I have a thing for blondes.

Can't complain.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:24 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,433,050 times
We adopted our daughter from Russia, a beautiful, blonde-hair blue-eye baby girl The pictures the agency sent us her eyes looked brown. I was somewhat surprised when I saw her eyes were blue! When they found I was expecting a brown-eyed baby, they actually offered me a brown-eyed girl, instead! No, no..that's quite alright, the eye color doesn't really matter, just a little surprised, that's all. So, then they said well, if a brown-eyed child is ok, would you like this little boy? And immediately brought in an 18-month little boy, with big brown eyes and blondish hair. Ok, so now what? Of course we'd take him, how can you say no? So, that's how we got our family!

Actually, I think it was sort of a "scheme" to place the boy. After one year age, they are not considered desirable for adoption in Russia. Actually, they transfer them from the baby house to the toddler home about age one year. Well, a "scheme" that worked! But yes, it seems eye color is highly considered in evaluation of beauty and desirability.......

Old 01-06-2016, 06:47 PM

645 posts, read 752,456 times
ive never heard of this trend..i find that dark features and more of an exotic look are more appealing..

Old 01-07-2016, 06:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
Good looking, attractive people come in all colors, shapes, and sizes.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:57 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,799,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Succinctly said... and true.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:17 AM

18,140 posts, read 25,334,150 times
Quote:
This phenomenon has many very plain looking, and even ugly men and women thinking they are attractive. Most are just average. I don't get the excitement about blond hair and blue eyes.
One word "Hollywood"
That's the idea that they promote when they cast people to be heroes or villains

Disney does the same thing

Old 01-07-2016, 11:23 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,071,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Agree!

And who is the person/group who believes they rule the roost and can declare that 'blonde hair and blue eyes' are the standard?

Old 01-07-2016, 03:06 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,737,942 times
Default Agreed....

Quote:
I do not get it either. I have no issue with people with blonde hair or blue eyes, but I get what you are saying. Do not find the look more attractive to someone with comparable other traits, but a different hair or eye colour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty