Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
One word "Hollywood"
That's the idea that they promote when they cast people to be heroes or villains

Disney does the same thing
Agreed. I have worked in the industry. It is a small town and just takes a small number of wealthy, old, powerful men with the same taste to propagate the same mass images to the rest of us over and over. It is their personal fantasy but doesn't reflect the majority of men, at least most men I've known in real life.

I personally prefer dark hair and brown or hazel eyes on a man. I find dark eyes very soulful. A fleck of green is enough to make it mysterious and interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 05:53 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It is so simple! The blonde and blue-eyed = beauty is so, as a result of Northern European dominance. Since blonde hair is common in Northern Europe, and even many are actually born blonde and later darken in life. Blonde hair was seen as a symbol for youthfulness and beauty. This concept was propagated through their more dominant literature and media, and has been accepted by others who came even from non-Northern European or also Non-Europeans. Colonization by Northern European countries such Britain, the Netherlands, Denmark to an extent also France brought that same concept of beauty wherever they went.
In fact blue-eyed people are naturally more common in Europe, particularly Northern Europe than elsewhere.

To you they are. It seems that at least in the US, dark Mediterranean types are pushing the fair Northern European look aside. Think of the Kardashians popularity. Not my type, but my wife's niece dyed her blond hair BLACK recently. Not at all unusual in her age group. 20s.

In the interest of full disclosure, my wife is fair, with green eyes and blonde hair. She is of northern European heritage.

But, pretty women come is all shades. You seem, at least by your posts, and screen name to be fixated on Anglo Saxons.

Our daughter is Asian, and she is very, very pretty.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
I like blue eyes (DH and I and our kids have them), but yellow hair doesn't send me anywhere.

Old 01-07-2016, 08:53 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,939 times
Not me. I prefer brunettes, but I do like blue eyes.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:43 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
ive never heard of this trend..i find that dark features and more of an exotic look are more appealing..

I always went for the tall, dark, and handsome look! Better than looking anemic

Old 01-08-2016, 12:38 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,151,448 times
Well, I have blonde hair and blue eyes, complete with blonde brows and eyelashes. It is totally natural due to my complete Scandinavian ancestry.

However, I also suffer from excessively pale skin which burns easily. Last summer not only did I have to slather sunblock on (until it's like glue) but I had to wear hats, sunglasses, and even long white gloves with UV protection (bought from Amazon) to protect the skin on my arms. I literally will burn in 10 minutes.

I had to buy special sunshades to stick to the side windows of the car because I burn while I am in the car. I look terrible in hats, but I must wear them in the summer because the part in my hair will start to burn quickly, and I HATE slathering sunblock on top of my head.

Even though I took all these precautions, I still suffered sun damage on my arms. That's why I bought the gloves in the first place. It's HOT to wear gloves in the summer.

One day I spent too much time in the sun and I felt sick for days. The sad thing is that I really love summer! I hate winter! I love going down the shore, but I don't lie on the beach. That's just asking for trouble.

I always look rather pale, tired, and sickly. So even though my golden blonde hair is rather pretty, I pay a price for being a blonde

Old 01-08-2016, 03:13 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
To you they are. It seems that at least in the US, dark Mediterranean types are pushing the fair Northern European look aside. Think of the Kardashians popularity. Not my type, but my wife's niece dyed her blond hair BLACK recently. Not at all unusual in her age group. 20s.
Something I greatly admire about the Kardashian/Jenner sisters is that although a couple of them are trashy, they are proud to be brunettes. They don't have blonde ambition like so many other brunette women do. Take Kourtney as an example. You see her proudly sporting jet-black hair and tanned skin.
http://s27.postimg.org/q9f3d1irn/Kourtney.jpg

And there are so many wannabe Kim Kardashians out there. Especially on Instagram, oh my god! So many women want to emulate Kim. Her look is that influential.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
This blue-eyed blonde absolutely loves the swarthy good looks of black hair and olive skin. Oddly, our kids all ended up with light hair and skin.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:04 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,052 times
Because Hollywood made you believe that. But only a few of them are actually that attractive. And on that note, there's only ONE blond haired, blue eyed man I can think of on this planet that I find attractive, and that was Paul Walker. I'm more drawn to tanned skin, brownish-red hair in men (which is ironically, a common dye used on some actors such as Mark Wahlberg, Ryan Reynolds, Brian Littrell (in his BSB days), and Johnny Depp also had his hair this color in The Astronauts Wife). With that said, I married a dirty blond, blue eyed man... haha.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:06 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
Something I greatly admire about the Kardashian/Jenner sisters is that although a couple of them are trashy, they are proud to be brunettes. They don't have blonde ambition like so many other brunette women do. Take Kourtney as an example. You see her proudly sporting jet-black hair and tanned skin.
http://s27.postimg.org/q9f3d1irn/Kourtney.jpg

And there are so many wannabe Kim Kardashians out there. Especially on Instagram, oh my god! So many women want to emulate Kim. Her look is that influential.
Agreed. They are crazy attractive women for brunettes. I do find Khloe looks amazing when her hair has blond highlights, dark roots, though. Which I think was her haircolor for 2014. Dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty