Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

LOL NO ONE needs to wear a tie. A tie is fashion accessory just as surely as a pair of saggy jeans are. Neither serve a real purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
..a few women think saggy pants guys look hot.. errmm well obviously I can't speak for all women here. It takes all sorts to make the world go around, but saggy pants look hot? Well I don't know what to say - call me old fashioned, but that needing the toilet, pants round your ankles, lets see exactly how saggy your underpants and backside look just doesn't appeal to me in any kind of way. It's about as unflattering as its possible to be. Not for me definitely. Maybe there are girls that like saggy @rses I don't know.

Now as for the suit and tie, I'm not a big fan of that either but at least your are not risking tripping and smashing your face in when you walk, and some men do look extremely attractive in a suit and tie. And it doesn't look ridiculous. I'm more of a man in jeans girl myself. Just not of the baggy variety. Sagging pants are just plain WRONG. I think anyway the suit and tie thing is well on its way out. My husband works in a professional job and hasn't worn a suit and tie for about 10 years. Especially since moving to California. People here virtually turn up to work in their flip flops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cold View Post
First guy makes me snicker, second guy looks gay, but hey, I guess those are their choices to make, this is America after all.

I still think the baggy saggy pants make guys look silly and immature. Wait! that's it! they want to be marked as irresponsible and not good genetic material for marriage and offspring.
Oh, it's all so clear now. They just want to be boy toys, and not taken seriously by the real world.
As if fashion or attraction can possibly be quantified. Think someone needs a hobby outside of trying to think for others...

Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The irony of "sagging pants" is that it started with gangs...they take your belt when you go to jail.

Great. Folks want to emulate jailbirds.
Do you believe saggy pants are the only fashion to emanate from street culture?

Zoot suit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Teddy Boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greaser_(subculture)

Punk fashion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL NO ONE needs to wear a tie. A tie is fashion accessory just as surely as a pair of saggy jeans are. Neither serve a real purpose.
A tie is a fashion accessory. Pants arent. Saggy jeans surely isnt considered a "fashion accessory". Its a fashion fad that looks hysterically hideous. I actually dont mind seeing it as it gives me a good laugh on my way to/from work while riding the subway here in NYC. I pray for the day for one of these idiots to start trouble or pick a fight with me. I'd probably die laughing watching him try to form a fighting stance with his pants around his thighs.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Nawh you can't compare this "style" to zoot suits or the Teddy Boy look or the greaser- They all wore belts...a waste band went around your waste - not your ass. For god's sake you are walking around like an infant with your diaper falling off....They are pants not diapers...Have you ever seen one of these guys try to run? They look ridiculous. They may as well get real long big socks and walk around with an extra foot of material hanging off your toes....What does this style signify? To me the statement is - I am poor- uneducated...not very intelligent and I am proud of being stupid.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:00 PM

10,534 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
As if fashion or attraction can possibly be quantified. Think someone needs a hobby outside of trying to think for others...
Who's thinking for others? I said I cant speak for other women. That translates as "this is my opinion". What part of the sentence didn't you understand? Think someone needs a hobby outside of trying to second guess the meaning of a sentence.

Last edited by Cruithne; 10-10-2012 at 12:12 PM..

Old 10-10-2012, 12:03 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Nawh you can't compare this "style" to zoot suits or the Teddy Boy look or the greaser- They all wore belts...a waste band went around your waste - not your ass. For god's sake you are walking around like an infant with your diaper falling off....They are pants not diapers...Have you ever seen one of these guys try to run? They look ridiculous. They may as well get real long big socks and walk around with an extra foot of material hanging off your toes....What does this style signify? To me the statement is - I am poor- uneducated...not very intelligent and I am proud of being stupid.

How about a few years ago when the ghetto fashion trend was extra long t-shirts that resembled nightgowns. I would literally cry laughing when I saw this . Why even wear underpants if the bottom of your tshirt is midway between your shins and ankles?

Also, what's the deal with lensless frames? That stupid trend started in the early-mid 80's and now it's back. What's the point? I saw a guy once rubbing his eye thru the area where the lens is suppose to be. I just shook my head.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:16 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentmum View Post
Sagging pants pulled down to show underpants. Seriously - when is this fashion going to die?

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on a tram when this guy gets on and sits opposite me. His pants were so low he was literally sitting just on his underpants with his jeans round his thighs. All I could think was he looked like he was sitting on a toilet.

Yesterday I was with my kids at the park. There was this guy with sagging pants pushing his daughter on the swing. Except that he had to push his daughter with one hand and hold his pants to stop them falling down with the other (very loose pants). Then as he walked away, his pants did fall down. Hilarious.

In the summer I went to the beach. There was a group of teenagers nearby with the boys trying to impress a group of girls. All the boys had underpants on underneath their saggy swimming gear. One guy was constantly adjusting his pants up and down so he had just the right amount of underwear showing. The girls unimpressed went swimming with the boys following on in tow like sheep. Who goes swimming in two pairs of pants??

There is always a ton of stuff floating about on the internet / facebook ridiculing this fashion.
Here's a blog with some examples. I love the guy in the supermarket with the trousers round his ankles and the story about the burglar who was caught because of his pants.
Burglar Tripped Up By Sagging Pants | e-Forwards.com - Funny Emails

There have been stupid fashions in the past but to me this one is by far the stupidest.

Anyone else agree?
Actually, the pants below the butt fashion statement means I'm ready to be someone's bit** if you're in prison.

...just saying.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
How about a few years ago when the ghetto fashion trend was extra long t-shirts that resembled nightgowns. I would literally cry laughing when I saw this . Why even wear underpants if the bottom of your tshirt is midway between your shins and ankles?

Also, what's the deal with lensless frames? That stupid trend started in the early-mid 80's and now it's back. What's the point? I saw a guy once rubbing his eye thru the area where the lens is suppose to be. I just shook my head.
The long cotton T shirts are fine- they look like a robe...I like East Indian clothing...that long comfortable cotton in summer is great....BUT the pants....My father would flip out if you did not wear a belt..He was a military guy and posture was important...if he saw a fat kid with no belt- He would say - Get the kid a belt so he will at least be forced to hold his big gut in...Holding his abdomen firm would be the first step in getting into shape....The other thing my dad could not stand were those guys who wore construction boots with the laces undone and dragging along- He figured if you had laces- laces are to be laced- If you had pants - they fit around your waste......It's about order...and being in order....I won't leave the house with dirty hair or a wrinkled shirt...I do not go into public unless I am presentable...These guys are lazy and do not know how to present.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
J I mean, what could be funnier than seeing a bunch of fools walking like penguins?
Seeing grown men wear a jacket in the middle of summer when it's 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty