Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times

Advertisements

Is it ignorant to assume that someone wearing jogging pants or a sweat suite is either coming to or from the gym or jogging? No. Chances are that's where they're doing. Now if a man comes walking down the block wearing pink or red capri pants with other traits that are affiliated with gay men, why is it ignorant to assume he's gay? If he's gay, fine. If he's not gay, fine as well. Gay men need to stop being so sensitive. You claim you're proud to be gay yet when you're stereotyped somehow its wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 02:49 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Double monks? seriously, those are classic mens dress shoes.

I'm going to assume you don't know much about men's clothing.
They're casual, not dress!

Old 10-11-2012, 02:52 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
They're casual, not dress!

They are casual dress shoes, and fine to wear with just cotton chinos or a suit.

Double monk straps with a suit?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Is it ignorant to assume that someone wearing jogging pants or a sweat suite is either coming to or from the gym or jogging? No. Chances are that's where they're doing. Now if a man comes walking down the block wearing pink or red capri pants with other traits that are affiliated with gay men, why is it ignorant to assume he's gay? If he's gay, fine. If he's not gay, fine as well. Gay men need to stop being so sensitive. You claim you're proud to be gay yet when you're stereotyped somehow its wrong.

Where did anyone say anything about capri pants or "other traits that are affiliated with gay men"?

Did I miss that somewhere in this thread?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I know lots about men's clothing and I hate monk strap shoes.

Differing opinion doesn't equal ignorance.
I don't think they look very appealing......

Old 10-11-2012, 03:32 PM

349 posts, read 459,881 times
It depends on the person. Some guys call pull off certain colors while others will not. Pink pants on a man is a stretch. Pink is a feminine color and it doesn't matter what shade it is. On some men pink pants either won't look right or will look ridiculous on them.

This reminds me of the Curling Team from Norway during the 2010 Winter Olympics. They were (maybe still are) well known for wearing their colorful pants and stood out compared to the other curling teams. They wore different variations of argyle print pants and I think they even had a facebook page just for the pants. Some of the prints didn't look too bad, but then again it was for sport.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
I gotta say...if any of the guys in our Social circle would show up in anything brighter than those blue ones, they certainly would stick out like a sore thumb.
These are southern men born and bred.
Actually I can't wrap my head around any man I know....gay or straight....that would be caught dead in them.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I was in West Virginia at The Greenbriar and there were a group of preppy type kids. One of the guys had on a pair of pink shorts the same color as those pants shown and a lavender and white pinstripe long sleeved dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up and boat shoes.

To me, in theory, it sounds horrible, but he pulled it off well. Had they been pants, I don't think it would have worked.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I gotta say...if any of the guys in our Social circle would show up in anything brighter than those blue ones, they certainly would stick out like a sore thumb.
These are southern men born and bred.
Actually I can't wrap my head around any man I know....gay or straight....that would be caught dead in them.

Yeah, born and bred Southerners. It's more of a thing among wealthier families and preps in the south. Of course, new england preps also do the colored pants thing.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:17 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
They look stupid and gay. Most guys who wear them are probably homos or metrosexuals. Judging by this thread, it's obvious they dress weird nor do they look like guys either.

If any guy in my town wore one of those, they'd most likely get made fun of.

I wouldn't ever wear pants like those. I'm sticking to my dark jeans and black pants for church.

Last edited by 90sman; 10-11-2012 at 05:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty