Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times

Advertisements

Facts make me sound ignorant? And who's in Lala land?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is what can happen when a person obsesses and goes one or two steps too far in the quest for perfection....

Elsa from RHO Miami

Before

After
This is so surprising to me. I had no idea that she was so pretty before. When you watch the show, you can literally see people pretending that they are not shocked by that face.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:44 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,671,730 times
But people need to drive cars, usually -- they don't usually need cosmetic surgery. Your comparison is disingenuous, OP.

Ok, just saw the OP's pic. I think there is likely lots of low self-esteem. All the surgery in the world is not going to fix that.

OP, I wish you the best, and hope that one day you feel pretty inside.

On rereading -- that last sentence sounded way harsher than I meant: I mean, it seems that you are obsessed with making your outside perfect -- that behavior is often indicative of some internal/psychological issues, and if that is the case for you, I hope you find some peace. If it's not the case, then I hope you enjoy the results of the surgeries.

Last edited by lawmom; 11-16-2012 at 05:25 AM..

Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
LOL again. The most abused, misunderstood pop-psych invention. Self-esteem.

What the majority of people consider self-esteem has little basis in actual markers of true psychological health. The notion that if you want to modify anything about your external appearance you live a world of internal torment, obsessed with the hideousness of your existence, barely able to function or consider anything else...is in your mind. Not mine. I think most other hobbies people have are frivolous. I like to spend money on my body. It's fun and exciting. I think it's wasteful to buy bags and shoes.

That doesn't mean that I look at the mirror and see a hideous cow. It means that it's fun to improve on my body, just like a car. Sure my hobby is expensive, but it's far less dangerous than your every day existence.

No you do not need to use cars. I choose to live in a place where I do not have to be in cars on a regular basis, they pollute, are wasteful, expensive and dangerous.

Last edited by xxbabeechick; 11-16-2012 at 06:30 AM..

Old 11-16-2012, 06:26 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Some people have way more money than smarts and zero self esteem yet they don't see it as a problem. Maybe one of these days but I seriously doubt it will be anytime soon and probably not before more surgery, sad.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:54 AM

16,551 posts, read 19,717,250 times
FOund this thread because Mexico threads catch my eye. I love Mexico and have been a dozen times. First, Tijuana is safer then L.A. Second, Babeechick you done lost your mind. Your DR thinks you should get even bigger breasts. That's insane. I think your are to big as is. No one likes GIGANTIC FRAME WRECKING boobs.

Just.
Stop.
Addicted maybe?
And Lipo? Get a damn gym membership. My sister had Lypo. What a freaking mistake that was. Never want to see her in pain like that again. And then she had to deal with an infection, problem problem problem. And a year later? She gained most of it back.

Does anyone think the 3rd girl here is the pretty one??

I can hear you Babee... "Oh I am not going that big...."

Yet.

Last edited by picmod; 01-09-2014 at 05:41 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM

3,985 posts, read 5,017,877 times
Off topic (sort of) but I live in a city that you absolutely have to have a car...oh, you might be able to get by but it would be incredibly difficult. Dallas is just too big...but yes, they are incredibly dangerous and people drive like idiots.

Anyway, it's the anesthesia, the recovery, oh so many things that can go wrong when in surgery, that I would just get nervous. When I was in my 20's, I might have been more fearless but plastic surgery was only for ladies who needed face lifts and tummy tucks...I wasn't one of those ladies.

Now that gravity has taken hold, I'm too chicken to do any plastic surgery. I also agree with the poster who said that changing her face would be taking away her heritage...who would I look like if not my family who has the same traits? Anyway, I would love to get reconstruction on my left breast since the lumpectomy 10 years ago left me uneven. I'd like dresses and shirts to fit me properly. The foam booby insert gets hot and doesn't match my right breast...so I have considered plastic surgery.

But it all comes down to nerve damage and pain....so I waffle back and forth. Meanwhile, years pass and my husband doesn't seem to notice...ahhh, I just want to feel pretty, but I don't know if it's worth it!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 AM

484 posts, read 855,150 times
lot of people are into tourism surgery and are happy. just like america you have to do your reseach. you don't hear of the natives dyin like fleas lol from medical work in their own countries. America DOSE NOT have the best docs loads of bad plastic surgeions in nyc LA Miami and loads of celebs are their poster models for bad work.

www.faceliftmexico.com is very popular with people who work in the fashion and cosmetic industry. Few people from my company had work here who i know personally and they look good and are happy

Old 11-16-2012, 09:02 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,103,616 times
Unless you are in the entertainment industry or have some serious body-shape/bad aging problems, I do not understand why you would spend the money and go thru the pain of cosmetic surgery. I've had cosmetic surgery several times (entertainer) so I KNOW about it. I know a woman who went to Mexico for cosmetic surgery and she ended up with a misshapen face/eyes. So she then had to spend more money on an American surgeon to correct the mess. I've also seen many very bad boob jobs that were done in Mexico. I would stay very far away from any physician that wasn't American Board Certified and residing in the USA.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM

484 posts, read 855,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
Unless you are in the entertainment industry or have some serious body-shape/bad aging problems, I do not understand why you would spend the money and go thru the pain of cosmetic surgery. I've had cosmetic surgery several times (entertainer) so I KNOW about it. I know a woman who went to Mexico for cosmetic surgery and she ended up with a misshapen face/eyes. So she then had to spend more money on an American surgeon to correct the mess. I've also seen many very bad boob jobs that were done in Mexico. I would stay very far away from any physician that wasn't American Board Certified and residing in the USA.

Many GOOD doctors in MX are schooled and board certified in America. Regardless where you go. you have to check out your doctors. not every doctor in a foreign country is bad. As we know there are a lot of people in USA who die or get botched surgeries.

My feeling for Cosmetic surgery is just like you take care of your teeth and maintain good health same with your skin / outter body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty