Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,925,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Not for most women seeking augmentation, the bulk of which are between the age of 25-40. Most of them are looking to correct ptosis caused by pregnancy/breastfeeding or weight loss.
Goodness me how on earth did millions of women manage before all this boob nonsense, we just got on with our lives. I think it is pure vanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,717,169 times
I skimmed...

Sounds like the boobie god is full of himself. Your work hasn't even fully matured enough for him to make a 100% decision. I avoid over confident doctors of any type. Pride go-eth before the hack job...

I would wait on any more boob work a couple years. You may need to have something done anyway.
Personally bigger would look bad to me. I think they are the perfect size for your frame volume wise.
The wide thing...I have seen that drop on people in couple years so...I wouldnt change them for that alone if I were you.

On going to mexico : Just no. Especially for lipo. It can have extreme complications. You want to be here where you can go back to your original doctor when you need it. Plus you are exposing yourself to a bunch of new environmental germs your body isn't used to. That after surgery is not a good choice. Your friend's follow up care was downright dangerous.
Its better to pay now than 4 times over later trying to fix a jacked up job. Going cheap and constant is what makes plastic work look like absolute crap. Don't do it.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I skimmed...

Sounds like the boobie god is full of himself. Your work hasn't even fully matured enough for him to make a 100% decision. I avoid over confident doctors of any type. Pride go-eth before the hack job...

I would wait on any more boob work a couple years. You may need to have something done anyway.
Personally bigger would look bad to me. I think they are the perfect size for your frame volume wise.
The wide thing...I have seen that drop on people in couple years so...I wouldnt change them for that alone if I were you.

On going to mexico : Just no. Especially for lipo. It can have extreme complications. You want to be here where you can go back to your original doctor when you need it. Plus you are exposing yourself to a bunch of new environmental germs your body isn't used to. That after surgery is not a good choice. Your friend's follow up care was downright dangerous.
Its better to pay now than 4 times over later trying to fix a jacked up job. Going cheap and constant is what makes plastic work look like absolute crap. Don't do it.
Well that doesn't explain all the rich and famous people who have crap surgery either.

In fact, nothing explains any of it.

It is total insanity.

Getting old is part of life. Why can't people just accept it? Who do they think they are kidding?

Old 11-21-2012, 11:16 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,307,836 times
I've decided to forgo the Mexico idea.

I'm putting all my faith in the boobie god of Ft Lauderdale. He will be doing my revision and liposuction. He is highly prized among women who have gotten revisions, hence why I am going to him. He won't look at your photos until you are at least three months post op, and he specializes in revision, synmastia/bottoming out/cc/lateral displacement correction and extra large breast augmentation (for the crazy ladies who want over 800cc's).

My breasts won't get narrower. 550s mod plus wasn't a good idea for someone who wears a 32 band size. It's not my original surgeon's fault, he gave me what I asked for, I just didn't realize how wide my implants would be.

I talked to Dr. R and I'm upgrading to 800cc ultra high profiles (I wanted 700s at first but he convinced me that 800s will be a good idea). They will be narrower than my current implants and will project far more.

Last edited by xxbabeechick; 11-21-2012 at 11:25 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 04:17 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,925,710 times
Words fail me, how long will it be before you become dissatisfied by 800cc and want to go to1000cc a look that is absolutely hideous.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 PM

Well the biggest in silicone you can go in the US is 800cc's. To get 1000cc's I would have to have overfilled saline. Saline implants are way too firm for my liking and feel like water bags (no offense to saline girls). I love the feel of my gels.

And I don't like the look of 1000cc's+. In my mind no one needs implants that large. They become overly round and have that "stuck on" look people tend to associate with breast augmentation (though the average aug is only 350cc's).

Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,251,507 times
Out of curiosity ... around how much does a breast augmentation and lipo cost? No need to tell me how much you're spending as that's your business. I just would like to know as a general amount.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
I read about a doctor in Fort Lauderdale, who did lipo and breast augmentation. A woman, 36 years old, went to have her butt lifted. She died.

Left three kids. Something to consider. We treat surgery, like it is common place. Just think twice, before having elective surgery.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
Out of curiosity ... around how much does a breast augmentation and lipo cost?.
Average primary augmentation job is 6500. Average lipo costs 3000. Average augmentation revision job costs 9000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Just think twice, before having elective surgery.
I have...and know for a fact it's safer than being in a car. I forgo use of cars.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Actually that's not true, there are plenty of men getting all sorts of implants now, including fake abdominals and butt cheeks.

It is the cult of vanity.

Personally, I wonder at the intelligence of people going to third world surgeons, especially people who claim to have a college education....and the seeming contradiction as OP is a waitress.

Can you get a college degree in delivering plates?

I wonder about the intelligence of both men and women who go under the knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I read about a doctor in Fort Lauderdale, who did lipo and breast augmentation. A woman, 36 years old, went to have her butt lifted. She died.

Left three kids. Something to consider. We treat surgery, like it is common place. Just think twice, before having elective surgery.
Another person who sounds like not the brightest bulb of the bunch. Butt lift surgery? Has anyone ever heard of leg press or squats at the gym? It works and its all natural. How do you tell your kids you're going in for butt lift surgery?

"Honey, mommy will be back tomorrow after I get my butt lifted. It has deformed thanks to my sedentary lifestyle. Kisses!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty