Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM

22,638 posts, read 47,790,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
its called Hygiene not a obsession
You got that totally wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,812,774 times
My teeth are very white my new dentist even asked if I ever had them whitened.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:20 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,676,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
You got that totally wrong!
If you read this person's other posts, you will see that he/she considers cosmetic surgery to be necessary in the "upkeep" of the body, too.

Some people have different priorities than others, I guess.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:14 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,850,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Whiter teeth = younger looking.
= more salary for a guy

and

= wealthier boyfriend/husband for a chick.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,496,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
= more salary for a guy

and

= wealthier boyfriend/husband for a chick.
Yeah 'cause we know women don't work for a living and are never subject to age discrimination.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:03 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,825,924 times
Teeth aren't naturally *white* in the first place. They're off-white. Eggshell-ish colored. I have a bridge on the top front of my mouth, and they matched that with the natural color of my bottom teeth when they sent it to be made. The dentist remarked on how white my teeth are, relatively speaking. On the veneer sample pallate, it was way up in the top 3 whites for tooth color. The actual color "white" isn't an option in those samples at all.

A few years later and one switch in dentist offices, I was offered free zoom whitening to offset a disappointment and frustration with the cost of care I needed. I naively accepted the offer. They had to stop after two trays, because my teeth were really starting to -hurt-. When my eyes got back to normal (they make you wear funky glasses during the procedure), I looked in the mirror to see the change. There was hardly any change at all. The hygienist proclaimed my teeth remarkably white and pristine. I told her that's what they looked like before the procedure.

If my teeth were truly *white* I'd ask to have them stained off-white, so they'd look like normal teeth and not some kind of freaky mutation.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 AM

484 posts, read 855,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
clean and white are not necessarily synonymous. teeth can be clean and healthy but still be stained.
I would not wear stained clothes that would appear dirty just saying.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 AM

50,410 posts, read 64,151,599 times
It makes sense for someone who has stained teeth from coffee drinking or smoking, but it will not do anything much for most people. I have a bit of a bluish/grayish shade to my teeth and bleaching will not change that. It will only change superficial staining.

What I think looks bad is when people get bright white veneers and all you see is a freakish white mouth coming at you.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 AM

341 posts, read 642,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerage View Post
its called Hygiene not a obsession
It calle "Whitening"m "Hygiene" is something different.
And BTW whitening is also dangerous for the teeth...

Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,725,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
For a few years now it seems more an more people are into teeth whitening.

Obviously, people want their teeth to look nice, be straight, and, yes, be 'white.' But do you think the mass market for teeth whiteners has been created by companies to target people's aspirations (like the sell other things I guess). You know: "with whiter teeth you'll be happy, get that person to notice you, get that job," or whatever the ad is promising.

QVC was selling a whitener you can brush right on your teeth TWICE a day. Is it me or people obsessed with bleaching their teeth to the EXTREME. I have two co-workers with teeth that have NO color at all they are BLEACH white.

Maybe I don't get it because I have fairly white teeth. For decades I've brushed with baking soda.

I know it's a taste that takes getting used to, but if you want whiter teeth isn't that safe than those bleaching treatments?

Your thoughts on company marketing, and people's interest in teeth whitening?

Baking soda can be over done too. It wears away at the enamel. It also dissolved glue on brace brackets or other dental work.

Bleached stark white is a dry tooth. When done properly it should come out bone colored at the lightest.

Yellow teeth just look bad and strange on anyone under 50 to me. Makes me wonder about their self care habits and attention to detail. Marketing wise...sos...buy this because you should be embarrassed not to. LOL

White is better:

Source:What has happened to Lindsay Lohan's teeth? | Perth Now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty