Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,437,988 times

Advertisements

I whiten my teeth occasionally. Okay, they're not the whitest white possible, but at age 65 it does make me feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:58 AM

10 posts, read 12,832 times
My teeth were having a yellow shade, I used home remedies rather than bleaching teeth and it provided me better results without any side effects.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:44 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
People could go overboard with the teeth whitening - remember Ross in that teeth whitening episode on Friends? I do notice that even people with naturally white teeth have a bit of yellow on their incisor teeth (teeth closest to the edge of mouth). Maybe, just have the yellower teeth professionally whitened to match the rest of the teeth. Teeth whitening is very damaging to the enamel of the teeth over time.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:37 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
It calle "Whitening"m "Hygiene" is something different.
And BTW whitening is also dangerous for the teeth...
Those blue white teeth look horrendous, does anyone know how these products affect the teeth, is it possible it could remove veneer so they become porous.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Whiter teeth = younger looking.
"Chiclets" = old farts trying to look young.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:56 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
For a few years now it seems more an more people are into teeth whitening.

Obviously, people want their teeth to look nice, be straight, and, yes, be 'white.' But do you think the mass market for teeth whiteners has been created by companies to target people's aspirations (like the sell other things I guess). You know: "with whiter teeth you'll be happy, get that person to notice you, get that job," or whatever the ad is promising.

QVC was selling a whitener you can brush right on your teeth TWICE a day. Is it me or people obsessed with bleaching their teeth to the EXTREME. I have two co-workers with teeth that have NO color at all they are BLEACH white.

Maybe I don't get it because I have fairly white teeth. For decades I've brushed with baking soda.

I know it's a taste that takes getting used to, but if you want whiter teeth isn't that safe than those bleaching treatments?

Your thoughts on company marketing, and people's interest in teeth whitening?

I have my teeth cleaned yearly by our dental hygienist but never had a professional whingeing done by my dentist, I do use the Chest Whiten Strips etc, between cleanings. If anything a brighter whiter smile say healthy mouth and lights up the face when you flash a smile , overall it makes one look youthful and takes years off the face..

Old 04-18-2015, 12:10 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
The whole 'whiter brighter smile' thing is a marketing ploy aimed at shallow people who take appearances above anything else.
I always had yellowish teeth. I hated it. Kids in school would ask me if I brushed my teeth. As I got older sometimes little kids would comment. That all changed when I had my teeth whitened professionally at 40. Best thing I ever did. Thanks for reminding me I should do a touch up tonight. I am now 57 and so far my teeth are still in good shape. I probably do the touch up once every 18 months.

It certainly can improve one's smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty