Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 05:44 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times

Advertisements

A local Pizza eatery has come up with a new slogan which is quite crass. The place has never been fancy or anything but I feel that their new slogan is very demeaning. They all have shirts on that say, so and so Pizza-giving oral pleasure since 197*". There was a young college student working the counter. I asked her if she felt uncomfortable? In typical dingbat fashion, she responds, "um like no it's not to be taken that way." "It's just a play on words." I smiled and nodded but I ws thinking to myself, "what a young dumb bimbo."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 10:03 PM

329 posts, read 1,442,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
A local Pizza eatery has come up with a new slogan which is quite crass. The place has never been fancy or anything but I feel that their new slogan is very demeaning. They all have shirts on that say, so and so Pizza-giving oral pleasure since 197*". There was a young college student working the counter. I asked her if she felt uncomfortable? In typical dingbat fashion, she responds, "um like no it's not to be taken that way." "It's just a play on words." I smiled and nodded but I ws thinking to myself, "what a young dumb bimbo."
I wouldn't be so quick to call her names. She is a kid, they don't take things as literally as more mature adults do.My daughter is in college and sometimes I have to point out things like that to her. I do think she would be grossly offended and refuse to put such a t-shirt on. One can hope, anyway. I would of course not wear it nor would I want a pizza from there. I would probobly let the owner know exactly how put-off I was by the slogan and give him"food for thought". Maybe it was a dumb impulse?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Bad advertising in any case - is good advertising. Got your attention enough to tell us about it, didn't it? The owner accomplished what he set out to do. Doesn't sound like impulse to me.

"Oral pleasure" is just that - oral pleasure. Some people smoke cigarettes for oral pleasure. Some people love the taste of things. Some people suck on Jolly Ranchers or have to chew gum to satisfy their oral craving/fixation. Does not mean anything sexual unless your mind is in the gutter or looking for ways for it to be.

And c'mon, it's a pizza place - put 2+2 together.

No reason to start calling minors "dumb bimbos" either. She works the counter - she's not dancing on one.

Last edited by JeepGirl118; 10-15-2007 at 11:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty