Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,353,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by napy666 View Post
Yeah I need to get them done but mom complained about me even asking her to get them done so who knows when we will get ours done we always go to the salon place together.
Said as gently as possible... admittedly, some of the responses were brusk, but are you looking for advice or fishing for compliments, hence your posting your personal pics & dating profile... not something I've often see done on this site?

You've panned every response you've replied to... the better ones, I might add. What is it you truly want? Compliments? No one said cut your hair, just style it differently. You can't get your eyebrows done 'til your mum does. Your large holiday sweater was just a one off. What do you want?

It seems as if you're a young, insecure girl who needs a bit of ego boosting. No offense love, but perhaps that's best gained in a short stint of counseling. Put off your dating attempts 'til you've gotten a stronger sense of yourself... then, you'll attract a better partner who will enhance your life. For the time being, it seems you need to do that for yourself. You seem a nice person. Strengthen your ideas of what you want, are & need before venturing out beyond your comfort zone.

I wish you well. As always, take constructive criticism with a grain of salt & do what's best for you. But, if you're asking for advice, don't stomp on it all once offered. Remember, you asked... strangers, I might add.

Good luck with your decisions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
I really love Audrey Hepburn's look for someone with your shape! (Or what of it I can surmise from your pics.)

Old 12-07-2012, 02:47 PM

548 posts, read 891,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Said as gently as possible... admittedly, some of the responses were brusk, but are you looking for advice or fishing for compliments, hence your posting your personal pics & dating profile... not something I've often see done on this site?

You've panned every response you've replied to... the better ones, I might add. What is it you truly want? Compliments? No one said cut your hair, just style it differently. You can't get your eyebrows done 'til your mum does. Your large holiday sweater was just a one off. What do you want?

It seems as if you're a young, insecure girl who needs a bit of ego boosting. No offense love, but perhaps that's best gained in a short stint of counseling. Put off your dating attempts 'til you've gotten a stronger sense of yourself... then, you'll attract a better partner who will enhance your life. For the time being, it seems you need to do that for yourself. You seem a nice person. Strengthen your ideas of what you want, are & need before venturing out beyond your comfort zone.

I wish you well. As always, take constructive criticism with a grain of salt & do what's best for you. But, if you're asking for advice, don't stomp on it all once offered. Remember, you asked... strangers, I might add.

Good luck with your decisions!
All I wanted to know was if I looked like a man.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:04 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Quote:
All I wanted to know was if I looked like a man.
No, but got to say you look closer to 50 than 25. Or are we being punk'd?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Op you be how you want to be. I look like a normal white woman then when people met me I'm more of a "Vanilla Ice" type of gal.

Go towards what you like. Never conform.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Op you be how you want to be. I look like a normal white woman then when people met me I'm more of a "Vanilla Ice" type of gal.

Go towards what you like. Never conform.
What's a Vanilla Ice type of gal. Do you stop, calibrate and listen? Or flow like a harpoon daily and nightly?

Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Yeah I know the sweater is big its an old one and I was just wearing it for some holiday pics.
Throw it AWAY!! Seriously, you need to get rid of that sweater (and any others that you have similar to it)

You are waaaay too young to be wearing the granny Christmas sweaters.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
I had to go back and look........ yep, you are wearing christmas themed clothes.

No one under 80 or above the age of 8 is allowed to do that.

Ever.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I had to go back and look........ yep, you are wearing christmas themed clothes.

No one under 80 or above the age of 8 is allowed to do that.

Ever.

Pretty much. If you want to feel christmasy, try a red top with a few sequins. You can put on a santa hat. The christmas broach is a little hard to pull off, but plausible.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:15 PM

48,540 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Pretty much. If you want to feel christmasy, try a red top with a few sequins. You can put on a santa hat. The christmas broach is a little hard to pull off, but plausible.
I'm on board with Jade. I'll even concede a pair of cute christmas-y earrings.

I told my 66 year old mother that if she starts wearing holiday themed clothes I would put her in a home immediately.

For her, I allowed a pair of halloween socks only to be worn on the day itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty