Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 PM

872 posts, read 1,385,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know this is different territory,but I've noticed that women on welfare all their lives look younger than women who have wroked. This is eveident in the 40 to 50 age range.

Also,night shifters tend to look older than day shift workers. Not sure why.
This is because of disturbances in the usual circadian hormonal balances, especially stress hormones such as cortisol, chronic exposure to which causes many of the recognizable signs of aging.

This is evidence for the fact that the most effective way to prevent aging is to get to the very root cause of aging, which is most effectively addressed by diet, establishing circadian patterns and limiting the current propensity to constantly bathe the body in carbohydrates, causing overexposure to metabolites such as IgF-1.

Skincare and sun protection may be helpful, but there's only so much that the like will achieve so long as these root causes are not addressed... indeed, this is among the key reasons why some fare better under occupational/lifestyle exposures that are construed damaging to skin.

Last edited by MissionIMPOSSIBRU; 12-20-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
This is because of disturbances in the usual circadian hormonal balances, especially stress hormones such as cortisol, chronic exposure to which causes many of the recognizable signs of aging

Ultimately, there's only so much that skin care and sun protection can get you, given that it's a unilateral way of address a multifactorial problem, at least as far as biology is concerned.

The most effective way is to get to the very root cause of aging, healthy diet, regular sufficient sleep and limiting the cutrent propensity to constantly bathe the body in carbohydrates, causing deleterious metabolic levels of IgF-1.
That explains why I'm doomed.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
So are you guys saying its "bad" to work nights,esp if you want to age well?

It hink in my profession its a catch 22. On one hand,yes nights are rough on the body.
But day shifts are more stressful than nights.

Also,I have read that a high intake of sugar causes one to age badly.
(Hence I know why you said a high intake of carbs,but you didn't specify if its simple or complex carbs that cause one to age faster?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:07 AM

840 posts, read 1,147,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionIMPOSSIBRU View Post
I think Denise Richards looks stunning at age 41. She looks younger than a number of 25 year old's I know

Best way to reduce aging? Intermittent fasting apparently ...

It's funny since I've been reading up about that and calories reduction lately. The latest studies that came out this year seem to show that it doesn't really help with human and it's the type of food (nutrition dense and high antioxidant food) that you eat that matters more.

The ones that seem to be really aging well are the raw food vegans. Look at these folks:

Annette Larkins-70 year old vegan:

Lillian Muller -60 year old

Storm Talifero: 63 year old. Raw since his 20s

Last edited by Audioque; 12-22-2012 at 09:17 AM..

Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I don't know how she does it, but at 48, Marisa Tomei still pulls off the perfect mixture of cute and "I wanna bend you over the bed right now" sexy
It's those Italian genes. You'll also notice that she's really natural, and always has been - minimal make-up, doesn't tan, works out regularly.

Another one is Jennifer Tilly who is in her mid-50s. She's gorgeous.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
It's funny since I've been reading up about that and calories reduction lately. The latest studies that came out this year seem to show that it doesn't really help with human and it's the type of food (nutrition dense and high antioxidant food) that you eat that matters more.

The ones that seem to be really aging well are the raw food vegans. Look at these folks:

Annette Larkins-70 year old vegan:

Lillian Muller -60 year old

Storm Talifero: 63 year old. Raw since his 20s

Wow! I gotta jump on that bandwagon.

But,this contradicts the poster above me who said carbs age you.
I'm assuming these folks eat veggies and fruit......
Not sure which one to chose. I will ask this on the diet forum

Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 AM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Because we don't have the luxury of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on anti aging and other skincare treatments like the celebrities do.

They'd mostly look like any other woman on the street without all of their money.

Bingo!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 04:59 PM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I know this is different territory,but I've noticed that women on welfare all their lives look younger than women who have wroked. This is eveident in the 40 to 50 age range.

As a woman in her 50's who's worked since 15, I'm not a bit surprised.

I do notice though, that a lot of food stamp users are heavy. Guess when you get three times the amount of money most working people can spend on groceries, you can really load up on the goodies.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
As a woman in her 50's who's worked since 15, I'm not a bit surprised.

I do notice though, that a lot of food stamp users are heavy. Guess when you get three times the amount of money most working people can spend on groceries, you can really load up on the goodies.
No, it's because the food with the most preservatives and worst ingredients are often the cheapest and they have to stretch those dollars.

Old 12-24-2012, 05:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No, it's because the food with the most preservatives and worst ingredients are often the cheapest and they have to stretch those dollars.
These foods also have the most calories per dollar generally speaking.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty