Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If it works for them good.

I myself will definitely experiment with bright colors once in a while like yellow, pink, light purple, etc. I actually get compliments for being so daring with bright colors (especially being a big guy.) Apparently SOME girls like guys who brighten up their wardrobe once in a while.
I am one of them. Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
This woman does not. I prefer the more rugged look

Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,772,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
The first picture is from an Ole Miss football game (did the Ole Miss logos on the shirt not give that away?) Their colors are red, white and blue, which may help explain the American flag shorts.
Ole Miss! That explains why they're ugly, dressed Prep Neck (Rednecks who think they're Preppies), and WHY THEY'RE SMOKING. Ole Miss is considered by us Mississippians (at least the ones who went to other schools) as a school for degenerates. As one of my friends says, "Honey, Ole Miss isn't a school: it's a DISEASE."

I knew someone whose parochial school cleaned their town's stadium after games, as a way to earn money for their senior class trip to Europe. They didn't have to ask who had played. They could tell by the trash left behind. Mississippi State (the 'cow college'): Beer & Skoal; Jackson State: Fried Chicken & Pampers; Ole Miss; Bourbon & Cigarettes.

PS: Note to the boy with the wide hips & spindly little legs: Horizontal stripes, even Stars & Stripes stripes, only make those hips look wider. And you should avoid jeans... and khakis. Cargo pants for you, whether or not they are currently en vogue, because they have 'flou': they bow-out toward the knee....thereby making those gigantic hips look narrower. Vikings, Phoenicians, and High-born Sephardim all seem cursed with giant hips, and this is a little advice I hear them exchanging. Oh, and you should not even OWN a pair of light-colored trousers.

And honey, if you just have to violate the DAR's flag etiquette by wearing Old Glory, wear it as a shirt. Those horizontal stripes will then make your SHOULDERS look wider, which is a good thing...especially for people with disproportionately wide pelvic bones.

And I guess I need to answer the OP's question. No, guys dressed like those in the pictures do absolutely NOTHING for me.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 12-14-2012 at 02:13 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 03:22 AM

726 posts, read 1,229,381 times
You can't judge a book by it's cover.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:46 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,497,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I take it you don't know many people from old money in the Northeast.

Preppy is preppy, dahling. There is no North and South to it. Now be a dear, and hand me my pearls.
Agree with the ole Miss idea about them. I live in epitome of northeast old money. Litchfield Ct. and if you dressed like that outside the gates of grandma estate and it wasnt clearly a joke youd be beaten to within an inch of your life somewhere along the way. Not saying thats right or wrong, but thats howd itd go down.

Old 12-16-2012, 03:10 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,986,322 times
I like the preppy look. I think it is very attractive, polished & clean cut.

A lot of guys in New Orleans dressed this way. Very traditional & I do believe "Southern Gent"..I love it. Throw a little seersucker with that bow tie, and you're good to go!

Man, I miss New Orleans.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:59 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Loud colours not masculine? Oh the irony. Tell that to the peacock!

In nature it's the female who is the dull brown.

Yes they do look a bit 'gay' but it's also how they seem to be posing in those photos, but I think it's about time men are allowed to express themselves through fashion or other things.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:49 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,792 times
Set foot on any Greek circle on any campus and this is how the majority of them dress.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,659 times
My thought is that you didn't get your money's worth from your college experience.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:15 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
I think that guys that dress like that are hot.

But I like guys who dress very differently too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty