Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:49 PM

103 posts, read 392,459 times

Advertisements

From the passage I know a lot of information about the Bra,the brand.I will be more careful if I buy the Bra.he he,because I'm just a student and I'm not familiar with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 AM

531 posts, read 1,745,822 times
I can't stand underwire. I'm rather busty too,and I almost always buy Playtex or Goddess bras from the Lane Bryant catalog(no wires) and they offer good support and come in different colors.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 AM

65 posts, read 211,689 times
Unhappy Since we are on this subject

I am having some horrible problems with sagging, I am overweight and have lost and gained lots of weight thru the years, and if I find a cup big enough it still doesn't hold the underneath part, which ends up getting red and sore. I used to wear underwire until I found them sticking out and stabbing me, and making the underneath part red, and swollen. So, I get a good support bra, but not the right one, and I just cry everytime I go for a fitting anywhere, always a different size, and never can find anything comfortable, or anything that can carry the weight and hold enough that I don't have the sore under the breast thing.
I am trying to lose weight, but I love to bike, and jog, and walk but since I have such sores under the breasts and the weight it is getting difficult to do either. It would be nice to find a sports bra that would hold me, and support me long enough I can get some of the weight off my breasts, so I can start feeling normal again.
I come home from work and just cry everyday because of the redness and swelling from wearing my bra. I wanted to post something online because I don't have anyone to talk to about this, besides a few people at work, but the problem is embarassing. Next time I am at the doctor I think I will talk to her about it.
I can't believe how much they weigh.......

So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it. I have to put polysporin under my breast on the weekends and let them heal for the week ahead....sad, I know! I also wear baby powder to help the chaffing!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
MB2 MB2 started this thread

3,496 posts, read 9,441,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipooh View Post
I am having some horrible problems with sagging, I am overweight and have lost and gained lots of weight thru the years, and if I find a cup big enough it still doesn't hold the underneath part, which ends up getting red and sore. I used to wear underwire until I found them sticking out and stabbing me, and making the underneath part red, and swollen. So, I get a good support bra, but not the right one, and I just cry everytime I go for a fitting anywhere, always a different size, and never can find anything comfortable, or anything that can carry the weight and hold enough that I don't have the sore under the breast thing.
I am trying to lose weight, but I love to bike, and jog, and walk but since I have such sores under the breasts and the weight it is getting difficult to do either. It would be nice to find a sports bra that would hold me, and support me long enough I can get some of the weight off my breasts, so I can start feeling normal again.
I come home from work and just cry everyday because of the redness and swelling from wearing my bra. I wanted to post something online because I don't have anyone to talk to about this, besides a few people at work, but the problem is embarassing. Next time I am at the doctor I think I will talk to her about it.

So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear it. I have to put polysporin under my breast on the weekends and let them heal for the week ahead....sad, I know! I also wear baby powder to help the chaffing!
You poor thing!
First off, buy yourself a bra without wires, and possibly made out of 100% cotton. (cotton is the best thing going for you...it lets the skin breathe, whisks away moisture, is gentle on skin and can take a beating)
I would definitely go into a sports store,, or even check out sports stores online. They have a vast amount of all size sports bras which they supply professional athletes with. Female athletes wear them, and can't afford to have their breast either damaged or "moving" all over the place!
If they don't have your size on hand, I am sure they can do some "homework" for you, what brand carries which size.
Next...last, but not least, consult with your doc......sometimes a breast reduction is of GREAT benefit.
I know of 2 girls which had it done....they are as happy as a clam, and the only regret they both have, why they didn't do it sooner.
They got their quality of life back....like it should be!
Good luck to you, my dear!
I really wish you the best!

Old 10-26-2007, 08:36 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Well, being a little less 'gifted' upstairs (oops!) thank gawd for padding and underwire!! (At least until I win a lotto and can then get implants...)

Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM

969 posts, read 2,856,071 times
Quote:

I am so sorry - have you tried these:

Bali No Poke Wire Underwire Bras - One Hanes Place Lingerie, Hosiery, Casual Clothes !!

Also look for wider straps AND band no matter WHAT styles so that the support features will be shared with the straps AND the band

Old 10-26-2007, 11:27 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Quote:

Your answer may be Enell - they are expensive, but they are the best too.

Enell Sports Bra - Welcome

Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,540,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Your answer may be Enell - they are expensive, but they are the best too.

Enell Sports Bra - Welcome
Based on what the poster has said, it sounds like those aren't big enough for her. They don't do it for me.. I think they only go up to DD, as do the balis somebody else referenced. There are so many companies out there that supposedly specialize in bras for bigger girls that stop at DD or DDD. It's very frustrating for those of us that really need the best support. I don't remember having any trouble finding bras back when I was a DD.

Maybe this one will help:

Goddess Comfort Zone Front Close Sports Bra 2000 at BareNecessities.com

Old 10-26-2007, 12:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,475,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Based on what the poster has said, it sounds like those aren't big enough for her. They don't do it for me.. I think they only go up to DD, as do the balis somebody else referenced. There are so many companies out there that supposedly specialize in bras for bigger girls that stop at DD or DDD. It's very frustrating for those of us that really need the best support. I don't remember having any trouble finding bras back when I was a DD.

Maybe this one will help:

Goddess Comfort Zone Front Close Sports Bra 2000 at BareNecessities.com
If you check the sizing charts, they go up to a DDD in Enell. Their sizing is different, it goes from 00 to a 7 or 8. The whole point of the Enell bra is that once you're strapped in, they (the girls) are not going anywhere. They are designed to fit snugly, with breasts tucked as close to body as possible.

My suggestion would be to try on as many different kinds of bras as possible and really "feel" which one works for you. A good department store will have a nice variety to choose from. Once you know what works for you, then later on you can just buy online without having to try it on in person.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:11 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,540,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If you check the sizing charts, they go up to a DDD in Enell.
Well unfortunately boobies get a lot bigger than that! I'm sure it's a great bra, but I wish they'd expand their market. For the most part we big girls can't go to the store because they will only have a few, if any, in our size in stock. We pretty much have to go hit or miss from mail-order and return the ones that don't work. Goddess is a good brand because they make a lot of styles without underwire, they're relatively inexpensive, and multiple styles go all the way up to size I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty