Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 11:49 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

I've been participating in this Current Events thread about Canadian female students protesting their school's dress code that requires them to wear a bra so as not to be distracting: //www.city-data.com/forum/curre...ode-right.html

We've had bra threads on here before, but I'm curious: regardless of how you feel about this news story, how many women don't (or didn't) wear bras on a regular basis, and have you had any negative feedback because of it?

(And please dudes, no need to chime in just to tell us how much you like boobs. We know.)

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-12-2018 at 12:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 12:37 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We've had bra threads on here before, but I'm curious: regardless of how you feel about this news story, how many women don't wear bras on a regular basis, and have you had any negative feedback because of it?
The ONLY time I leave the house without a bra is if I have to run to the convenience store and it's winter so I can wear one particular oversized hoodie that completely obscures the fact that my boobs have gone south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
(And please dudes, no need to chime in just to tell us how much you like boobs. We know.)
Oh, that won't stop them. But thanks for trying.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:43 PM

423 posts, read 289,162 times
When I was in college I majored in agriculture for a while. Our professor was discussing the suspensory ligament in dairy cattle. This supports the cow's udder and gives that cleavage you see from the back. A cow with a blown suspensory ligament is known as a 'swing bag'. She has to be culled because they strep on their teats and get mastitis. Then he said, I'll never forget this (it was long before the age of PC) "Used to I could say this because there were no girls in class.... But I will go ahead and say it anyway. There are some swing bags on this campus".

Later, when I was a nurse I can into a patient room and greeted my old lady patient and asked her what in her opinion was her presenting problem? She looked up at me with her blue eyes and a kind of a foxy look and said, I have furniture disease. What? I asked, never having heard of this, Did you move some heavy furniture and hurt your back? No girl, she said. That's when your chest falls into your drawers.

We could go braless when I was in high school. Well endowed girls who did this were talked about by the boys, and not in a good way. I would not do it. High School is distracting enough.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:55 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
I need to wear a bra for two reasons.

1, my breasts are larger and aren't exactly "perky" Going bra less (for me) looks sloppy.
2, if I do go bra-less, my nipples get sore rubbing on the material of a shirt.

BUT: If I was smaller and perkier, I would certainly try to go bra-less most of the time. I know women who do go bra-less and they don't have any soreness because their nipples get used to it.

I read through part of the other thread and I certainly agree that women should have a choice to go with a bra or without. If they are large and want their boobies flopping around attracting attention, then that's their business.

Some women may like the attention, some may not. REGARDLESS, I think it's VERY rude for men to stare at a woman's breasts anyways. It's sad and it's true, but a lot of men just can't seem to help themselves. (that good old Mars/Venus thing) How would a man feel if a woman kept looking down to check out the size of the man's crotch?

Anyways, if the woman feels uncomfortable with the stares, then she has the option of wearing a bra again, if that even helps stop the stares: probably not if she is very well endowed.

If a workplace or school wants to get so particular, then maybe they have to change to uniforms or hand out big baggy clothing with holes for heads and arms to stick out for BOTH men and women. Oh, and concerning problems with brightly coloured hair? How about a head covering also?

We might as well live in a Muslim country if it gets to that. Men (the heads of state) invented this dress code, and as you can read, I'm dead against enforced dress codes.

Taken from this web page https://en.qantara.de/content/women-...mic-dress-code

"The Koran states unambiguously that there is "no compulsion in religion". Nevertheless, the heads of state in these countries force their female citizens, through legal regulations introduced in the name of God, to cover themselves completely in public. These women have no choice."

I am so dead against women having NO choice. Are we to be bossed around by men or women who can't handle seeing another women's breasts swinging free? HELL NO. It should be a CHOICE, bra or no bra. The complainers can look or don't look, that is THEIR choice.

Last edited by gouligann; 04-12-2018 at 01:06 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 01:54 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,078,249 times
I would love a small, perky chest that would allow me to go bra free. I see friends do it in the summer with cute tops and I get so envious.
Sadly, I do not have that. And while I don't care if other bigger chested women do, I just don't like how I look braless. Maybe if they were fake and stayed perfectly in place? lol

Old 04-12-2018, 02:02 PM

14,317 posts, read 11,708,830 times
I've always been very active and I hate, HATE the feeling of being braless while doing anything more vigorous than watching TV. It is just plain uncomfortable to feel those things swinging around. I am only a B cup but even so.

Actually, a few years ago I had a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction so it is kind of a moot point now (reconstructions don't sag), but I still wear a bra for nipple coverage. I had a nipple-sparing mastectomy and I think they are more visible now than ever.

And frankly, no one over the age of 30 has a "perky" chest no matter how small they are.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:13 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Mine comes off when at home and no company and on when someone else is here or I go elsewhere. I put one on at home when I do exercises to help prevent any tissue damage or stretching from bouncing around.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:32 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
That's what happens if you don't have guns to protest against. Such a waste of time. They should focus on something more important to demonstrate against than bras.

Yes, women should wear bras.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:50 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Yes, women should wear bras.
...if they want to.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:34 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
I hardly ever wear a bra. You're more likely to find me wearing a bathing suit top rather than a bra. ( I live within walking distance of the beach and surf 3 or 4 times a week). When I do wear a bra it's usually of the
Non structured variety... soft cups, no wires, no padding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty