Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Sadly, I have quit indoor tanning, but I used to get so much enjoyment out of it! (Just like smoking, I quit years ago but damn I did enjoy it.) Anyway, here's the scoop: stand up booths will get your sides whereas most beds leave your sides pale. Always wear eye protection like Winkies. Tan for 5 minutes your first couple times, then go up by one minute each session until you get to 10. Stick to 10 minute sessions as your maximum time. If you're in a rush to get results you'll likely end up an off-putting color. Use one of the tanning lotions the salon sells. I always liked the products with hemp. Pick whichever one sounds good to you, there are developers, bronzers, and accelerators. The right tanning lotion can really help give you your best possible result. Plus you can use after tan products to keep your color longer. People will rightly inform you that indoor tanning can damage your skin. Once I realized it was true, but before I was ready to give it up altogether, I did start wearing SPF 15 on my face in the booth. Only other tip is to switch your arm position in the booth at least once during your session. There should be straps on the "ceiling" of the booth to hold to ensure your arms are not blocking any part of your body from the tanning rays. I also recommend cranking the music and dancing in there. I really do miss tanning in the winter.. the smell of the lotion and frying flesh, the loud music, the warmth of the tanning lights.. Enjoy it while you're young. You'll eventually care too much about preserving your skin, but for now soak up those rays and don't over do it.
OMG yes, I miss it so much as well.

I used to go to the gym, then tanning.

I did that for 11 years, and was tan 365, all the time, went to palm Springs a few years ago, and came back with skin cancer.....cured now, with a few surgeries and radiation.....but anyway... indoor tanning is not such a great idea, I love it, but never the less.....

so that ended that.

I still however, go to the gym.......but can only get real sun, and have to use 30 block.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM

177 posts, read 532,357 times
Tanning is so bad for you, not only does it make your skin age really fast but you can also get cancer. And to top it off, being tanned, does not look very attractive.

I suggest, either use a selftaner or spraytan.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuluLover View Post
I want to start tanning, but how many times do I have to use a tanning bed before I see results. I usually tan outdoors, but I want a tan now.

It depends on your skin type and if the bulbs are good where you are at.

You should see a slight color change after your first session or their bulbs are crap.

Go in for the lowest time possible and wait 48 hours before going again because it can take that long to develop. Tanning more frequently than every 24-48 hours is overkill.

Don't up your minutes until there is no lasting pink reaction in your skin. Everyone tans at different rates. All beds have different suggested start times due to bulbs types and watts.

Lotion wise: DO NOT use a bronzer to start. Accelerator only. Bronzer use can hide the red or give you the illusion the bulbs are better than they are.

I stick with the base beds. They look more like the real sun result wise and stimulate vitamin D production. BUT if you do go in for a high pressure bed and already have some melanin developed it can really give you a fast blast of color.

I prefer standing. Its cleaner and quicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty