Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times

Advertisements

Even beautiful women start to loose that "girly look" somwhere around 38-39.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 04:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The one with glasses looks the youngest.
Sometimes glasses just make people look older
Which one with the glasses? Two of them are wearing glasses.

There's not much difference in the ages of the three younger ones. The biggest age difference is between my mother and the blonde sister standing at the back - about 6 years. The other three are only a couple of years apart each.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Shake View Post
Glasses, weight makeup

They all look like they have good genes. You can tell they had pretty faces when they were young like Sally Field. With some makeup and maybe a small facelift to get rid of the bulldog cheeks they will look pretty good

My mother had that problem but more pronounced(she had smile lines since her early 30's) plastic surgery has corrected 12 years ago and she still looks great. She was also blessed with good skin.

It's always genes, unless you have a drug or alcohol problem. I don't lose sleep over that, if I don't age well, then people are more than welcome to stop looking at me.
Yes, the bulldog cheek thing runs in our family, and I can PROMISE YOU I will have some surgery to correct that - probably at about age 55 (I am 51 now and so far it's OK but I can see it coming!).

My vanity has nothing to do with age - I don't want to look YOUNGER - I just don't like that bulldog cheek thing - never have. I determined when I was a young woman that whenever they showed up, I was getting them tucked! And I am. Life's too short to put up with bulldog cheeks!

The funny thing is, when I told my mother (who is now 74) she told me that she would like to have it done when I get mine done! LOL we are planning on doing it together. May not wait till I am 55 come to think of it...I may get it done sooner...

Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I didn't mind losing the "girly look" at all. I like my womanly look a lot better! (But I do plan on getting my lower face/chin tucked a bit pretty soon!)

Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Why is it desirable to look like a girl and not a woman?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
Why is it desirable to look like a girl and not a woman?
Exactly. I looked like a girl well into my thirties. I'm glad to look like a mature, hopefully much wiser woman now!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:25 AM

6 posts, read 6,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Exactly. I looked like a girl well into my thirties. I'm glad to look like a mature, hopefully much wiser woman now!
ok grandma

Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,171 times
I enjoyed the season of girlhood. But the season of womanhood is enjoyable and desireable in a completely different way. The beauty of older women is just as alluring as beauty in youth. I wouldn't have very much patience for a man who would judge my attractiveness/desireability on the following factor alone:

"How close is she to a hot 25 year old with a rockin' body?"

Eternal frat boys and trophy hunters need not apply, I suppose.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douchette View Post
ok grandma
I'm proud to be a grandmother. I'm proud to be a healthy 51 year old woman who hasn't "lost my looks." Especially when I see young women in their twenties and thirties who aren't taking care of themselves - it makes me even more determined to age well.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I enjoyed the season of girlhood. But the season of womanhood is enjoyable and desireable in a completely different way. The beauty of older women is just as alluring as beauty in youth. I wouldn't have very much patience for a man who would judge my attractiveness/desireability on the following factor alone:

"How close is she to a hot 25 year old with a rockin' body?"

Eternal frat boys and trophy hunters need not apply, I suppose.
You got that right. To everything there is a season. I enjoyed the frat boys when I was young and stupid. Now that I'm beyond that, I can't believe they ever held my attention.

When I was single again in my forties, I tried dating a few younger men. They bored the heck out of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty