Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times

Advertisements

I've noticed this about myself. I have lots of clothes, but they are almost all variations on the same theme.

So I guess this is my "uniform" (for work):
--a monochrome twin-set
--black pants
--heels

In the warm weather, the twin-set is usually light-weight and 3/4 sleeve.
In the winter it's in the form of a sweater set with long sleeves.
I don't wear twin-sets every day, but a few times a week. It might be a shirt or a one-piece sweater or maybe a blazer some days. But it's a pretty good bet that if I don't have a twin set on today, I'll be wearing one tomorrow. If I feel particularly daring on a given day, I'll wear the shell from one twin set with the cardigan of another twin set, and they will be different colors!!!

I might go crazy and wear dark brown, dark grey, or pinstripe pants, maybe khakis on Fridays, but they're all pretty much the same.
In the warm weather, the heels are pumps or sling-backs. In winter it's boots with spikey heels. On Fridays it might be something with lower heels.

The funny thing is, I get compliments all the time form people at work. So even though I know I'm wearing the same "theme" every day, no one really seems to think I look the same day to day.

How about you? what's your unofficial uniform?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Jeans and a top.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,993,273 times
For me its khaki and black and white. Usually slim black or khaki pants, white blouse or knit top and black ballet flats or sandals.
I've bought two colorful sleeveless dresses with solid cardigans, which I hope to make myself wear more often.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Jeans, low rise. Boots unless its mid summer. Thin strap top, choker style necklace with something silver hanging off it, or a beaded design (I make some of my own). When its not hot add a series of layers until I'm not cold. Favor Black strongly. Boots must be knee high and not fashiony. One ear cuff, right ear with dangles. plain loop on the left.

When I'm going somewhere a bunch of rings, mostly silver.

People in the apartment I lived in in socal would ask me if I was going camping. Nobody notices here.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Surprisingly, I don't have a uniform, really... I'm all over the place when it comes to clothing.

For work, I'm usually in ankle length slim cut pants (which are actually normal length pants for most people...) and ballet flats with a colored tank top and cardigan over that. Sometimes I'll wear a pair of boots instead of flats and those are either flat knee high black boots, or knee high suede boots with a 4" heel.

For relaxing, I'm usually in bootcut or 'skinny' jeans and ballet flats or my favorite pink converse and a sweater or tshirt usually with a cardigan.

For jewelry I have these super awesome rings with spikes on them and then a Zelda triforce ring that I usually wear. I don't wear necklaces because I feel it draws too much attention to my chest.

Tonight for my little 'date' I'll be wearing a black sweater dress with elastic cinch belt, dark grey ankle length leggings and grey ballet flats with cute bows on them.

So yeah...all over the place with fashion

Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
I tend to wear different things, but I guess if I had a 'uniform', it would be my low-rise jeans with a button-down shirt or a tank top.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM

6 posts, read 8,707 times
I'm usually in slim-straight jeans, a v-neck t-shirt or polo shirt, and Chuck Taylors.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
I wear a dress almost everyday, unless I am not working. They typically are about 3 inches above my knees but sometimes are higher.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:54 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I get bored wearing the same type clothes every day. I always have.

Since retiring I usually wear out three or four swimsuits in a year. That has changed. I go from that to capri pants and a vacation shirt with some message on it with a sports jacket. Shoes are usually sandals or easy spirit walking shoes with socks that have no top to them.

But when I go out with the girls, we like to put our best foot forward according to how we feel that day. May be a pant suit or it may be a sundress or it could be a regular dress. Boots in the winter and sandals in the summer for me please.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Jeans and a pocket tee for my phone. When I retire I am going to BURN all my pocket tees. They are horrible looking, but practical for janitorial...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty