Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times

Advertisements

One of the following:
Dress + cardigan
Jeans + colorful top + cardigan
Pencil skirt + colorful top + cardigan

Sometimes I make the cardigan colorful and the top quiet.

Today I broke my uniform: jeans, colorful top and a black blazer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Cardigan and chinos or dress pants of some sort. Whatever I wear under the cardigan varies with the season.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Yep, a pink shirt with jeans. Real Men Wear Pink!

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I've noticed this about myself. I have lots of clothes, but they are almost all variations on the same theme.

So I guess this is my "uniform" (for work):
--a monochrome twin-set
--black pants
--heels

In the warm weather, the twin-set is usually light-weight and 3/4 sleeve.
In the winter it's in the form of a sweater set with long sleeves.
I don't wear twin-sets every day, but a few times a week. It might be a shirt or a one-piece sweater or maybe a blazer some days. But it's a pretty good bet that if I don't have a twin set on today, I'll be wearing one tomorrow. If I feel particularly daring on a given day, I'll wear the shell from one twin set with the cardigan of another twin set, and they will be different colors!!!

I might go crazy and wear dark brown, dark grey, or pinstripe pants, maybe khakis on Fridays, but they're all pretty much the same.
In the warm weather, the heels are pumps or sling-backs. In winter it's boots with spikey heels. On Fridays it might be something with lower heels.

The funny thing is, I get compliments all the time form people at work. So even though I know I'm wearing the same "theme" every day, no one really seems to think I look the same day to day.

How about you? what's your unofficial uniform?
Dark wash denim, heels, feminine top or tailored shirt when I want to be sporty. Casual, comfortable. I feel I look pretty pulled together when I go out. I used to do a jacket with it, but I think that looks a little like you're trying to hard too be "hip" if you're middle aged. IJS.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:05 PM

9 posts, read 18,385 times
Yes yoga pants

Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,129 times
@TracySam, Never gave it a thought until I saw your post. Yep, I fall in that category. I am retired, but before that it was scrubs, & Z-coils (shoes) ... 5 days a week. I DID have the liberty of colors & prints though. Now, in winter it is sweats & a T-shirt with a cardigan type jacket. (layering I guess) Summer it is capris or knee pants & T shirt. Denim & elastic waists!! Most of my T-shirts have a logo of some sort since I purchase them on trips. Sundays I try to put on a dressier pant-suit for church. Trips into town or eat out locally, I upgrade to jeans. Same selection of T-shirts. Shoes are supportive walkers, sandals & a pair of flip flops for in house. I really sound like a slob...

Old 04-16-2013, 04:55 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Retirement wardrobe for me, in the colder months, has been jeans, tee or woven shirt, and some sort of sweater.

I do get sick of jeans at the end of winter.

In the summer, it is capris and tees.

One of my favorite looks right now is a tee, a lightweight wool cardi and a jean jacket over jeans. The jean jacket should not match the jeans. I have a teal green leather cross over bag that I think looks very good with these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty