Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 05:00 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times

Advertisements

So I'm notorious for not being afraid to just go for it with my hair. I've never dyed it weird colors but as far as hair length I've not been afraid to just say go for it.. Currently my hair is shoulder length strawberry blonde hair and I've had it this short before but never this style. My husband prefers me with long hair, but I live in south Fla. Its over 90 most of the year and I just end up throwing it in a pony tail. I like to stay a little edgy and fun like myself :-).. Here's this cut I've wanted for a long time but I told my hubs I'd grow it out. I have the right face structure and everyone loves me with short hair. I need some chick opinions on it, or guys if you wanna..

(the one turned to the side)

'

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 04-12-2013 at 05:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Personally I do not like that type of style however, if you are comfortable with it then get it cut that way. Also, at the moment that seems to be the preferred style of "celebrities" as well, I just think it makes your head look lopsided and there is not much that can be done with the style except that style. I also do not like hair hanging in anyone's face, I like to see your entire face not just one eye, one cheek and half of your lips.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,959,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Personally I do not like that type of style however, if you are comfortable with it then get it cut that way. Also, at the moment that seems to be the preferred style of "celebrities" as well, I just think it makes your head look lopsided and there is not much that can be done with the style except that style. I also do not like hair hanging in anyone's face, I like to see your entire face not just one eye, one cheek and half of your lips.
I would never wear it in my eyes it would be off to the side , I think short hair on women is a love/hate thing but than you for your input!

Michelle Williams does the softer version of it which is nice too

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 04-12-2013 at 05:21 AM..

Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
I would never wear it in my eyes it would be off to the side , I think short hair on women is a love/hate thing but than you for your input!

I love short hair on men and women and I love it on myself as well but I am just more traditional when it comes to hair styles. Whatever you like is what you should do no matter what me or anyone else says. It is your head and your hair and if you don't like it after the cut is done you can always grow it out.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,386,233 times
In the first photo, I like the hair on the girl facing the camera and Michelle Williams' hair, too. I think if you were to go with the one you like (facing the side), you would need a lot of product to keep it in place or you would be constantly pushing it out of your eyes and possibly tucking the longer side behind your ear (if I had to push it out of my eyes all day, it would drive me bonkers).

BUT...you could try the first style and then if it became too much of a hassle, you could cut it shorter like the girl facing the camera.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:36 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,246,064 times
I have a very similar cut & I did have to put a clip in the front the other day b/c it is 3 wks. growth &the bangs were in my eyes which drove me crazy. This is a long layered cut which looks great with thick, wavy hair. As the other poster has said you need to use good, alcohol-free products to keep the style looking right, & cut every 3-4 weeks. I use It's A 10 Miracle Products & Chi found in Beauty Supply Stores.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:06 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,987 times
It's a cute style, but to me it looks as though the longer layers would continually be flopping in your face. That would drive me crazy. No harm in trying it, and if those long layers prove to be a problem, you can cut them to match the shorter side and still look good.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,671,717 times
I think you should leave it long since that is what your husband likes. There is no shame in trying to remain sexually attractive to your spouse (and that applies to both men and women).

Old 04-12-2013, 10:17 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,723 times
I think you should go with it. Your husband can deal - hair grows.

I think the haircut is cute. I wish I had the bone structure/face shape for that style.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,473,008 times
I like that cut and I think it has the edge you are looking for. However, I do agree with the posters that say you will need to use a fair amount of product to keep the edgy look along with frequent trims. I have thin hair but I have a lot of it so my stylist does a lot of texturizing with a razor to take a lot of the heaviness out. Maybe that would help lighten up the longer side and make it more comfortable for your climate. You don't mention your hair type - if yours is stick straight you may also have to consider curling it as well. I have found that while short hair sounds easier, a medium cut that can be pulled back like you mention has more versatility and costs less to up keep. That being said.....
I admire your sense of adventure! I think hair should be fun and easy - not a chore. The good thing about the first cut is that it can easily be trimmed back to a softer version if you find that it does not work for you. If I were you, I would take those pictures to your stylist and ask her how she thinks YOUR hair would work with that cut and how much work it would require.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty