Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 AM

17,472 posts, read 66,002,677 times

Advertisements

Did you see the Seinfeld episode about...

I think you're just making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 11:17 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I'd say that any man who thinks your hands are too big is the one with the problem, not you.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:18 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,572,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSoBe View Post
Most of the time our imperfections are magnified in our minds. I wouldn't be surprised if you were being overly critical of yourself.

If a man is turned off because of the length of your fingers - so be it. You can choose a far better person to be with.
Exactly. And I know how you feel as I also have longer hands. Since women are generally more slender, you'd be surprised to find out just how many women have longer fingers than guys.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:04 PM

13 posts, read 219,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Did u happen to see that episode of Jerry Seinfeld (spelling?) where he was dating this woman with big hands? It was a total turn off -he said she had "man hands." It was very funny. Of course he stopped dating her. I have big hands for a woman. I don't think it is a turn off. At least I have not had anyone complain. However sometimes I am self-conscious about my hands. I think we all have things we would like to change about our bodies. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". One man's turn-off is another man's turn-on
I have seen that Seinfeld episode and luckily for me my hands don't look like "man hands", they are just as big as men's hands.

I kind of doubt that there are very many men that are turned-on by a girl with bigger hands than theirs though...

Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Exactly. And I know how you feel as I also have longer hands. Since women are generally more slender, you'd be surprised to find out just how many women have longer fingers than guys.
My hands are certainly more slender than guys hands, I have never heard (or seen) any other women that have longer hands than guys except for myself. But I suppose I am not going around measuring hands with everyone either.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:03 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
how about a photo...

Old 11-16-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
how about a photo...
I don't think I want to gross anyone out

Old 11-16-2007, 09:50 AM

I do clap really loud, I pride myself on this ability.

Oh and makes me feel really great that my hands are much bigger than yours

Last edited by Marka; 05-12-2010 at 04:10 AM..

Old 11-16-2007, 10:19 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I do clap really loud, I pride myself on this ability.

Oh and makes me feel really great that my hands are much bigger than yours
You know Hailey, I've been doing a lot of random thinking about this, and the posters are really helping a great deal, don't let big hands mock your self esteem in any way....

Think of all the wonderful things you can DO with big hands! You can (as mentioned above) have much greater skill with musical instruments due to reaching farther without straining your joints and muscles, you probably have no problem whatsoever with opening your own jar of mayo and don't have to do that "damsel in distress thing" about having to ask a man to do it for you , change spare tires (fighting with that lugnut thing), stop leaky faucet leaks with a big strong wrench, a better grip on groceries when your juggling 7 or 8 bags at a time... bigger handfuls of popcorn in one take.. you'd probably beat the average female at handshaking, armwrestling, tug o' war, the possibilities are endless! lol

I know one friend inparticular that comes to mind, that was actually "complaining" about his girl's hands being so small, yes it's cute and dainty and feminine... but he said during certain intimate moments, he felt like a pedophile of sorts, because her hands looked so young and tiny, like a child's!! So chin up luv, there's good and bad to everything. They're just hands!

Old 11-17-2007, 09:58 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey_C View Post
I don't think I want to gross anyone out
Something tells me you won't since someone made a point to request it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty