Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM

148 posts, read 188,154 times

Advertisements

as far as OP, i think it has more to do with the fact that you are beta and lack confidence (as evidenced by creating this thread) and not the fact that you are not caucasian

Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM

515 posts, read 624,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
ok, but typically what I've observed is, without the botox, those with very pale skin tend to begin aging in their 30s. I notice that even white women with darker complexions tend to remain youthful far longer than the Nordic pale-blond-blue type women.
Yes, they do begin to age more quickly. However, if you are attracted to the pale-blond-blue-type woman you are more likely most attracted to the Nordic or finer European features that tend to coincide with the paler skin. It is not the paleness of the skin that is attractive, hence, the desire for "white" girls to suntan. If is the features that are the attraction not the pigment. A common misconception.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockfisher View Post
Brother, I am all for it. Perhaps the humor in my prior post did not read the same way as I wrote it. I am trying to help you out and have given you many tips on what to do specifically in Atlanta. I wrote, based on your picture, you should have no problem in Atlanta with "white" girls. You are calling me "white" based on nationality but I don't think I look much different than you. In fact, very similar. SO seriously, based on these assumptions, it is not Atlanta - It is you!

Not, as I mentioned before, because of looks, but perhaps in how you are presenting yourself. (i.e. Read my prior posts to you in how to look and what to do for "white" women specifically in mid-town/buckhead/post collegiate and professional Atlanta.)

I have also lived in Miami Beach and NYC and Atlanta is big enough and just culturally diverse enough that these woman, "white" women, want what every other 20-something year old professional woman wants. A stud. A show pony. A hot guy with brains and a promising career who does fun things and has similar fun friends for all her other gal-pals to hook up with. Someone who is strong and sensitive and blah, blah, blah...

If you are a stud, hot "white" women will react. If you can't stick out from the 50,000 drunk fraternity brothers out on a typical Saturday night who are looking for the same high-strung, stuck up, trend following, tight lipped, candy-assed, peach smelling, "WHITEST" sweet potato pie-in-the-city of the New South then, brother, ain't no one on this forum save for Je-sus is going to be able to help you.
Well, Indians are also Caucasian. But Since not European, seen as different, other. Not as bad as Arab, but still different. It's racial habits - not necessarily racism, but people tend to stick with their own in the South and Southwest.

I had a blast going around in Nevada with my black friend acting like he was my boyfriend because it freaked people out and I thought it was funny.

WAY worse than the part of Texas I am in.

I don't know if racism is worse there in general or we were around a bunch of Mormons.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:50 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Your friend has a more flattering hairstyle, and his eyebrows have not been "shaped". So, of course he will be seen as more attractive.

IMHO, you both have lips that have too much shape, and eyes that are too 'expressive'. I personally like men who look more stoic. You have a better neck than does he.

Slender men of Mediterranean heritage, to me, need long hair and beards, to look good.

Anyway, your friend has a very underdeveloped body. Bodies are vastly more important than faces. If you work out, you will soon eclipse him where attractiveness goes. And if he loses his hair, nobody will look at him twice.

My sons aren't white, either. And even though DH and I have little ski-slope bunnyrabbit noses, our kids turned out with very substantial noses. But they have huge, hulking bodies (growing up in a fitness-obsessed family has its rewards). Their bad coloring has not been an impediment. They do have bamabangs, though, which work quite well. They only sleep with blondes, and only with blondes in good degree programs and from good families. They are attractive enough to be able to not even consider girls who wear makeup or have skanky painted fingernails. They chose schools out here, partly because they thought that girls in the South looked like a bunch of hookers (the makeup... the pink toenails... ).

So yes!!! You CAN be more attractive than your friend. It's just about putting in the gym-time and packaging yourself right.
Wow. Just wow. I can't even begin to tell you how many things are wrong with this post.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
Sorry, I live in the south, most White people here are pale and blue eyed with light brown hair. Most people can tell I am Indian or some sort of Middle Eastern or something.

As for Italians, in my experience most of them are pale with colored eyes, don't know where the myth of the darker skin came from but most Italians I know look pasty White from my experience. As I have said, I have style and dress GQ and I am outgoing, but for some reason, the sorority types or just White women in general here in Atlanta tend to shut me down.

But I have noticed some of the foreign ones and ones not from the south are somewhat more open minded.
I didn't know a single sorority girl that didn't date a frat guy - greeks stick together.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 PM

2,612 posts, read 5,584,890 times
Someone is fishing for compliments. Both guys here look "white" to me, but number one is way hotter in my opinion. I prefer "tall, dark and handsome" to the uber blond all-American type.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking 4 Help View Post
I am not but almost every White girls seems to have some sort of sorority connection, my biggest issue is breaking into those circles and if only I knew.

Anyways, thread was helpful but got offtopic.

But I want to know, in America, which is more preferred on men? The tall dark and handsome look or the blonde guy look?
You keep saying 'In America' like you are not from here. Are you? you said you are culturally American, so why do you keep saying 'In America' like you know nothing about it?

Old 07-09-2013, 05:56 PM

515 posts, read 624,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Italian is white, and hispanics are not discriminated against as much by white women in terms of dating.

He is correct that is is rare to see white women with asian, Indian, Arab, etc.

I can't speak to Asian, but Arab men are obsessed with white women, especially blonde. I think that Indian men are too.

We are a status symbol.

SO, if you are seeking status symbols, you cannot complain that white women are too, and Indian is not it.

You are hot, though, and when you get older it will be easier imo no matter where you are, but at your age, yeah, somewhere other than the south/southwest.
Italian is a nationality and Hispanics are an ethnicity. Neither is a race or color (i.e. black, white, asian, indian.) There are white hispanics and black hispanics as well as different shades of Italians.

How is this not understood in 2013???

Of course hispanics are not discriminated against as much by white women because most of them are white. Same race people just different cultures and sometimes language. If the person speaks spanish and you think they look black then guess what? They are black but also happen to be hispanic!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:58 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Italian is white, and hispanics are not discriminated against as much by white women in terms of dating.

He is correct that is is rare to see white women with asian, Indian, Arab, etc.

I can't speak to Asian, but Arab men are obsessed with white women, especially blonde. I think that Indian men are too.

We are a status symbol.

SO, if you are seeking status symbols, you cannot complain that white women are too, and Indian is not it.

You are hot, though, and when you get older it will be easier imo no matter where you are, but at your age, yeah, somewhere other than the south/southwest.
LOL, seriously, if you believe that the guy in the 1st pic is the OP, I have a bridge to sell you. I have stated numerous times that the OP is probably a dark Indian man. Indians equate dark skin with very low status. He is probably hoping to win major brownie points by dating and possibly marrying a blond. It's comical, yet sad at the same time.

Skin bleaching is very common throughout India.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
In reality, the guy in the second pic wouldn't get a sidelook, if he was standing next to the guy in the first pic. That's why this thread is completely unbelievable. I'm guessing that the OP is really a dark Asian/Indian man trying to figure out why he is having difficulties dating blond cheerleader type girls.

He stated that he likes blonde/blue eyed women because they look drastically different than him. This is a dead giveaway that he is not the man in the pic, because that guy looks ethnic white, not Asian or Indian. I do however realize that you can't always tell a person's ethnic background many times, but I seriously doubt that he is the guy in the 1st pic.
Indian IS white. They range from lighter to darker skin, but they are Caucasian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty