Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 07:12 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Hmmm, BO occurs because bacteria break down the proteins in our sweat into acids. So it certainly isn't the acids in the juice that would prevent the bacteria.

Do the people who use this find that they still sweat as much it just doesn't smell? Or is it acting as an antiperspirant?
Still sweat, but no BO, just a nice lime smell. I prefer this because it allows my lymphatic system to drain, otherwise my lymph gets backed up and it leads to sinus congestion and blocked pores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 07:22 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
I apply a mixture of sandalwood powder, Vaseline, and a little cold water to my entire body daily.

It keeps the odor away and retains moisture for soft & smooth skin.

It took me a while to experimentally find the magic ratio which works for my body.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,367,344 times
I wouldn't try the lemon or lime since I shave, and the thought of getting acidic citrus juice in shaving nicks just makes me wince.

I tried one of those salt crystal deodorants once, and the salt didn't agree with the shaving nicks either. Ouchhh.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
I wouldn't try the lemon or lime since I shave, and the thought of getting acidic citrus juice in shaving nicks just makes me wince.

I tried one of those salt crystal deodorants once, and the salt didn't agree with the shaving nicks either. Ouchhh.
Try the mix I mentioned earlier after shaving and showering.

It does not irritate you skin at all and the softness lasts for days on end. It also has a nice fragrant appeal. The talc I use has a masculine fragrance, but there are similar sandalwood talc's for women.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-01-2014 at 09:13 PM..

Old 10-30-2014, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 882 times
Default does lemon juice work as a deodorant? Very well!

Ever since I watched an episode of Doctor Oz a month ago on which a guest recommended using lemon juice instead of a chemical laden deodorant I have been happy with the results! It does work very well! Simply smear on the juice of a lemon slice to cover the armpit area and let it dry. I do not worry about eating a "healthy" diet and find it not necessary far as odor goes but some believe in it.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:41 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Oh wow, I'll have to try this! I got a really bad burning sensation/rash from the baking soda+coconut oil mix.. Since then, I've been using rosemary water, which is refreshing and works great, but must be applied more than once a day.

Old 04-21-2024, 09:14 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I feel dumbfounded that this has been around for so long and I didn't know how to properly utilize it. I've used lemons in the past as natural deodorant from bottled commercial lemon juice and did not have great success. This needs to be strained from the source with a stronger fruit - limes. Once you have the juice, you take two fingers to sop up the juice and apply in and around your armpits generously. Two or three times is enough. Letting it penetrate the hairs and skin and allow it to dry. I work part time at a stadium and it was in the 80s here in Georgia and several hot hours later, my armpits smelled like maple syrup. I am not kidding. Somehow the chemical composition in the lime mixed with the sweat creates a stale maple scent. This thing last 3 to 4 days at a time before you have to apply again. I've been using it for a month now. The creator knew exactly what he was doing. Bought into commercial propaganda all my life and am finding out repeatedly most of what we need is right in the ground.

Last edited by allenk893; 04-21-2024 at 09:31 PM..

Old 04-22-2024, 05:15 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I apply a mixture of sandalwood powder, Vaseline, and a little cold water to my entire body daily.

It keeps the odor away and retains moisture for soft & smooth skin.

It took me a while to experimentally find the magic ratio which works for my body.
Where do you get sandalwood powder?? (one of my favorite fragrances!!!)

Old 04-22-2024, 05:34 AM

7,097 posts, read 4,820,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Where do you get sandalwood powder?? (one of my favorite fragrances!!!)
You can get it on Amazon. I imagine health food stores would carry it also.

Old Yesterday, 09:22 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I think it depends on what kind of sweater you are. Strong, less strong, more/less odor, emotional sweater, hormonal sweater, activity sweater ...

I tried it all - did not work for me. Also tried apple vinegar. I have a strong hormone imbalance and guess that's why nothing works other than real deodorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty