Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Woolen Sweaters
Yes 26 57.78%
No 19 42.22%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 09:47 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Make friends with a sock knitter?

Seriously, the last place I saw wool dress socks was in one of the mall department stores. If you are male, you might try someplace like Men's Wearhouse or that other obnoxious one in the commercials. Oh, Joseph A. Bank.
Nope, female. Sears brings them in now and then, but I just found a good deal on amazon.

Lol re: j a bank commercial. Too true, obnoxious!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 10:12 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Nope, female. Sears brings them in now and then, but I just found a good deal on amazon.

Lol re: j a bank commercial. Too true, obnoxious!!
Those commercials drive me insane. What guy waxes orgasmic about a clothing shop? The announcer practically makes love to the name. shudder

Last place I found nice natural fiber dress socks for me was Dillards. They were cashmere socks on clearance for $2 or $3 a pair. I still have them, something like six years later. But I honestly haven't looked much since.

I need to knit myself some socks, as soon as I finish the pair for DH. Thank goodness he only wears a size 9 shoe! I know a guy who wears a 13EEEE. Never making socks for him!

Old 10-22-2013, 06:16 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:

I need to knit myself some socks, as soon as I finish the pair for DH. Thank goodness he only wears a size 9 shoe! I know a guy who wears a 13EEEE. Never making socks for him!
LOL!
I know of no guy friend/neighbor with feet smaller than a size 11.
Most are in the range of my husband (14) and son (15).
Guess no socks for them either.....

Old 10-22-2013, 06:23 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
LOL!
Wow, size 14, that's gigantic . They don't sell that size over here. I usually wear a size 10 or 11 shoe, and my feet are considered to be large. My dad wears a size 7.5, and my brother wears a size 8. My uncle has the largest feet at size 12.5 and has trouble finding shoes large enough.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,285,986 times
Quote:
LOL!
Got Bigfoot genes, eh? You know what you call socks for people with big feet? SOCKSQUATCH!

I do know people with bigger feet than a 13; it was the EEEE that really made me . The guy basically walks on pizza boxes. I have wide feet, but I wear a 6.5-7 in womens (4.5-5 in mens ). I like buying certain mens shoes for myself, because the width is perfect.

Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Wow, size 14, that's gigantic . They don't sell that size over here.
I find it hard to believe that New Jersey does not sell shoes that large!

Gigantic would be the size 22 we saw in a store a few months ago.

Quote:
Got Bigfoot genes, eh?
More like Paul Bunyan genes. Our shoes sizes are pretty much proportional to our height.
I am the shortest in my family at 5'11" (size 10 ladies BTW!).
My son (with size 15 shoes) is 6'8".

Old 10-22-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that New Jersey does not sell shoes that large!
Surprisingly, they don't in my part of Jersey. Although, it might be available in rural areas in Sussex and Cumberland counties. You could order size 14 shoes online regardless of where you live, but most stores in my area don't stock them. The maximum I usually see is size 12-13. I once went to a shoe store with my uncle where they said that the max size they had in stock was 11.5 . Even size 12-13 shoes are rarely bought and usually end up in clearance.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM

Crazy!
My guys can walk into any shoe store, even Famous Footwear, and try on several styles that are there in stock.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Crazy!
My guys can walk into any shoe store, even Famous Footwear, and try on several styles that are there in stock.
I am sorry to say. But considering the fact that you are almost as big as me and your son is 6'8'', you would be mistaken for a pair of giants (no not the football team) down here. Most men here are around 5'8'' to 6'3'', and women are usually 4'' shorter.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:13 PM

No need to be sorry!
I do not stick out as being tall at all.... wasn't even the tallest through school.
And, as I said earlier, I am the shortest in my family. My siblings are all taller (even my sister), and my husband and kids are all taller.

My son DOES stick out (tall, athletic and blonde will do that!), but he has several friends that are close to his height. I have friends that are even taller than my son, as does my husband.

I guess all this height in my area is why we can get those shoe sizes in any store! They carry them as there is demand for them.
Plenty of good Eastern European genes here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty