Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 10:23 AM

404 posts, read 904,563 times

Advertisements

I'm more of a live and let live type of person, but if I could change how people dress, I would definitely have to agree with the OP. I just turned 21, and while I might be on the older side of the spectrum where this type of clothing is still appropriate, but I still think I look like a teenager when I wear SB dunks and graphic t's. Since, I turned 18 I've been transitioning into the more mature look. I now wear clarks desert boots, quoddy boat shoes. I'm thinking about splurging on some alden boots next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I wonder how many of those men care.
Oh, they don't have to care. But I do.

Old 10-25-2013, 10:34 AM

1,818 posts, read 1,528,528 times
Nothing says "Mr Average boring" than a polo shirt - so ugly and common.

I think it also depends on what climate you live in - in warm climates it is just normal to wear flip flops most of the time.

My issue is that most American men wear clothes that are way to big for them. Walk the streets in most major cities in Europe and you will see men wearing more slim form fitting clothing and they look great. You can almost always pick out the Americans because they look like slobs. Most people mistake us for European and I take that as a compliment.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM

505 posts, read 940,598 times
well, I wear a polo like the guy in the jeans pictured below. Most of the negative comments seem to describe something like the other guy's polo. They are both wearing polos, yet so different.
Attached Thumbnails
Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.-esq-jeans-polo-shirt-0411-lg.jpg   Men over the age of 25 should not be wearing converse, vans, hi-tops or other kid type shoes.-polo-shirt-logo-large.jpg  

Old 10-25-2013, 11:18 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^^those pictures are still awful in my opinion and still a turn-off, but if you feel good in them, who the hell am I to judge? I just wouldn't want to date you is all....

Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Maybe it is just me, but knowing how annoyed and appalled some people would be with my clothing choices just makes it a bit more enjoyable to walk around.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^those pictures are still awful in my opinion and still a turn-off, but if you feel good in them, who the hell am I to judge? I just wouldn't want to date you is all....
Okay. I'll just stay with my wife, then. (she likes the way I dress)

Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
What if their inner age does not match with age of a body?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Maybe it is just me, but knowing how annoyed and appalled some people would be with my clothing choices just makes it a bit more enjoyable to walk around.
I keep trying to rep you, but apparently I've already done it recently. You make me laugh.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:48 AM

398 posts, read 698,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
That's pretty sad that to you, letting others be themselves is "sad".

I guess only "decent" men come in Khaki and loafers!

There was a guy who as a young college student wore khakis and turtlenecks all the time. He also wore business suits and whatnot. Do you know that guys name? Theodore Bundy! That's Ted for short.
Why shouldn't I let others be themselves! Be yourself, go right ahead. Apparently I'm not the only one who cringes at this "look" for the adult crowd. I'm saying in my experience that it models a behavior, and is not just a "look". Personally it reminds me of a demographic that I always did prefer to avoid. If you disagree, put on your best pair of sagging, holey jeans with the sk8rdood T-shirt you love best and enjoy! Others of us equally enjoy a good snicker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty