Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 09:25 PM

630 posts, read 1,049,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Nope, what matters is his wallet! Ive seen some really fat MOFO's and old looking guys with hot wives/ girlfriends.

Now.....with that said. Nothing wrong with the OP wanting to be considered goodlooking. We can act like we don't care what society thinks, but that's just a defense that people put up when they realize that most people don't consider them attractive.

If the OP's nose is really that big, I would consider a nose job. Also, weight training and proper diet, but after a stretch of training, if u don't get the full desired results, don't rule out lipo. Its only about 1500 bucks most places.

People on a moral high horse kill me as if its a crime to want to use surgery to improve body image. What the hell do u think plastic surgeons exist for

Ive noticed, society tends to treat above average looking people better. Especially if you're a woman
those hot wives and girlfriends are cheating. No one really wants to date a fat mofo or an old man

Old 11-08-2013, 10:23 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Yes. Your physical characteristics may not be the best, but there is ALWAYS something you can do to improve and move yourself to a higher standard. A clean face for one. Take care of your acne and discoloration. Second your wardrobe. Wear CLASSIC clothing with matching neutral or pastel colors. Third jewelry. Does anyone of this generation know what it means to wear jewelry and not be gaudy or trashy looking? It's called moderation! Nice earrings (for women) and a Michael Kors watch go a LONG way with a traditional classic outfit. Fourth the hair. Messy bed hair and hippy locks are NOT HOT. Shampoo, condition, rinse and blow out that hair. Straighten it, curl it, whatever. Make it look decent and even. Fifth, cologne and perfume. You do NOT need to douse yourself with it. It takes approx 4 sprays to where the bloodstream rushes and will make the smell last. 1 to each side of your neck. Another 1 spray to each side of your body directly underneath your armpit. These 5 things alone can elevate you to above average status regardless of if you don't have the physical looks.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:07 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post
say he doesn't have the strong jawline, his nose is big, and his face is round

can this man overcome genetics and become top tier in the looks department?
Top tier? Of course not. Not without a ton of surgery which may or may not look completely awful afterwards.

Round face and weak jaw are hard to "fix".

Old 11-09-2013, 02:57 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,501,736 times
Quote:
Women as in older more educated women who have life experiences, girls my age could care less about any of that nonsense. I am deadset on doing anything possible to improve my appearance.

I am 6"2, 17% bodyfat (which I plan on lowering), and due to poor vision I have to wear glasses. I do agree with you on fixing what one can but genetics are unfair and they do give some people all the nice genes while others are stuck with nothing.
I am all for plastic surgery for people with a deformity or people with a natural feature that is so different from "average" that it draws stares, lowers their quality of life, etc. I think it can be a positive thing in those instances and improve overall happiness. However, you have to understand that it's a slippery slope, and that people who looked perfectly fine to begin with have had so many surgeries that they turned their face into something quite shocking because with every little thing they "fine tuned" they always saw something else wrong. So I think you have to be very cautious. I fear that some of your posts make it sound like you might be one in the latter category...

Yes, genetics are unfair. Sorry. Life in general is unfair too. One good way to live it is to make the most out of what you've got--whatever that happens to be. There will be some girls who exclude you because of looks. But there are probably some girls YOU would exclude because of looks too. And truthfully, I know you have this idea that guys without XYZ have all the luck in dating, everyone gets rejected by someone. Make the most of what you have. Get in shape. Groom yourself properly. Get a good haircut and wear nice-fitting, stylish clothes. Cultivate interests in a variety of topics so you can meet people and be an interesting conversationalist.

Old 11-09-2013, 08:40 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
Quote:
the current generation only cares about status and looks.

And no, I am not going to wait to get old and serve as the provider to a woman who spent her 20s sleeping with the best looking guy and uses me as a fallback.

I have a 3.9 GPA in college right now and I scored a 2240 on the SAT. I have won awards in many of the science fields but that earns me no respect. After years of having to endure through the pain of being average joe, I feel like now is a time for change.

My biggest problem is that I have a huge nose that I think messes up my entire face so just making that smaller should get me up a few points.

Look, I married a guy with a big nose, long face, skinny build, and the kindest eyes in the world. None of the rest mattered.

Well, he does make me laugh.

Maybe your poor attitude toward women has more to do with your lack of success than your looks. Thinking we are nothing but superficial cheaters who will use you? Yeah, that's real attractive. You might be bright but you gratuitously insulted someone who stopped by to help you (really, he's not attractive because he's Indian?)

Get out of the lab or wherever and start treating people with respect and affection. That's more attractive than Ryan Gosling (or whoever) on their best day.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:09 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
It doesn't matter to most women if a man is handsome. What matters is his projection of gentle masculinity. If you are masculine in a kind and loving way, women will swoon around you. Honest.

The way most men improve their looks is by developing their bodies, and by being well groomed. While you are at it, try developing a kind personality. Honest, this will be most attractive to women.
LOL, you need to hop on over to the relationship forum. Doesn't matter? Women are more into looks then men are. they just mask and hide it better then men. Women are ten times more judgmental and narrow minded with looks then any man could ever be.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:10 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Well man you are Indian so that pretty much kills your chances with most American women right there. Hardly known any women that find Indian or Indian looking men attractive and I have a lot of Indian friends too.
That's not always true. Haven't you ever seen indian girls go crazy over hrithik roshan. There are good looking Indian men out there. Maybe American women think they look ugly, but there are women from other cultures who think differently.

Regardless I feel that Honesty, appreciation, perseverence, intelligence, and support are prime candidates for success in a relationship. Looks come after these 5 ideals.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:16 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Look, I married a guy with a big nose, long face, skinny build, and the kindest eyes in the world. None of the rest mattered.

Well, he does make me laugh.

Maybe your poor attitude toward women has more to do with your lack of success than your looks. Thinking we are nothing but superficial cheaters who will use you? Yeah, that's real attractive. You might be bright but you gratuitously insulted someone who stopped by to help you (really, he's not attractive because he's Indian?)

Get out of the lab or wherever and start treating people with respect and affection. That's more attractive than Ryan Gosling (or whoever) on their best day.
Actually most of the American women I've known, do not find Indian men attractive. Attraction also falls into a subconscious level. things like skin tone, pheromones, natural oils, eye color all play a huge role. Someone can look good to the eye, but be unattractive to us instinctually. Example, I find many South American and African American stunningly beautiful, but for some reason, no matter how "surface" beautiful they are, they do not trigger that same instinctual attractive response, that a beautiful red headed or blonde fair skinned women does when I'm next to her.

We cannot force attraction on people due to political correctness or otherwise! It's just there or it's not!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:20 AM

6,708 posts, read 5,937,576 times
Libertine - what kind of woman are you trying to attract? The superficial kind who date men for their looks?

It's true that American society, more and more, rewards tall, classically handsome blond blue eyed beauties (male and female) despite their inner nature which may or may not be deserving of rewards. Such people tend to make higher salaries, get more dates, the police officer lets them off with a warning, and so forth.

I've known many classically beautiful people who were shallow and took it for granted that life was easy--because they were always treated as something special, deserving of extra favors and accommodations.

Unfortunately, we all grow older. The shallow, pretty ones tend to become much less attractive in their middle years, while the plain but wise ones become more attractive. Why? Because their wisdom and intelligence shines forth in their face and eyes, while the dumb pretty ones end up looking just dumb. Sorry, I know there are smart pretty people too but unfortunately it's not correlated.

In the long run, it's what's in your mind and heart that matter the most. Be yourself, be comfortable in your skin, and truly beautiful people--not skin-deep but beautiful on the interior--will be attracted to you, and rightly so!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:30 AM

24,580 posts, read 10,884,023 times
Genetics are what they are. Surgery - if necessary to allow a normal life.
I was told at an early age not to get boring as I will never be cute. There is no danger that 5.10 with shoe size 10 will be considered cute:>)
All boyfriends fit the mold - tall, good looking, attentive, good family, dumb as a bag of rocks. Clothes hangers! The finalist was short, cuddly, had a wicked sense of humor and made me feel very special. After all these years I can still cry and laugh with my soul mate. BTW - he loved my cat:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty