Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 08:09 AM

969 posts, read 2,853,627 times

Advertisements

As my eyes get crummier with age I find myself applying eyeliner as if I am trying to emmulate Faye Dunaway in "Mommy Dearest" - it is never straight or subtle enough to look the way i really wanted.

Anyone have experience with permanent eye or lipliner?

Would you do it again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 08:24 AM

237 posts, read 860,374 times
No, I have lots of tattoos, but I would never get make-up tattooed onto me.

There are just so many reasons not to. Little to no room for error, higher risk of infection, generally inexperienced "technicians", change in make-up styles.

Just wouldn't do it and don't recommend it for anyone.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq521 View Post
No, I have lots of tattoos, but I would never get make-up tattooed onto me.

There are just so many reasons not to. Little to no room for error, higher risk of infection, generally inexperienced "technicians", change in make-up styles.

Just wouldn't do it and don't recommend it for anyone.
I have tattoos as well - was thinking of asking person who did tattoos (so I KNOW they are experienced) to do the make-up kind - not the beauty parlor 6 week course graduate.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:41 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,175,551 times
I have a friend who got permanent eye liner. When she first got it, she was the happiest person because she didn't have to spend 20 minutes making it perfect everyday. She got it in the "goth style" with the flairs on the outer edges..

Well, she's now about to be a mom and feels like she's not taken seriously because of it. So I'd advise against going with a "fad" you feel is fun. I mean, if you always use the same color eye-liner (I don't) - then get a thin line and make additions to it everyday.

Just seems like a real pain to me.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,037,582 times
I know two who did it and both love it. One got lips and eyes done, the other just got her eyes done.
I would never do it. I would never get a tattoo, either. Just not into anything that permanent.
I do get my eyelashes tinted every 4-6 weeks, have been doing this for about 5 years now.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,751,787 times
Keep in mind that if you do it, you are pretty much forcing yourself to go full make-up everyday. Tattoed eyeliner looks horrid without mascara. Tattoed lipliner just looks stupid without gloss or lipstick.

DH's ex did it and we laughed for months because she wouldn't always do the rest of her make-up and it just looked silly. Sure it looks fine when you've got the whole face done, but waking up and running up to the 7-11 sans makeup shouldn't cause people to snicker.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 PM

237 posts, read 860,374 times
Quote:
I have tattoos as well - was thinking of asking person who did tattoos (so I KNOW they are experienced) to do the make-up kind - not the beauty parlor 6 week course graduate.
I have never known a reputable tattoo artist who was willing to put his or her equipment to my eyes (and if they would, I'd reconsider whether they were that reputable to begin with.)

From what I understand, there is actually different equipment that is made specifically for this. However, I also understand that it is often plastic and can not be keep clean like a good old fashioned gun. (They are probably just selling them to those 6 week graduates! )

Lips are a different story - I'm not so much afraid of that (as I'd love an inner lip tattoo), as I have concerns about the quality. I've heard of women who had liplines get "feathery" (just like real lip liner will do) as they age. Then it is even more work to cover and fix that every day.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,399,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
As my eyes get crummier with age I find myself applying eyeliner as if I am trying to emmulate Faye Dunaway in "Mommy Dearest" - it is never straight or subtle enough to look the way i really wanted.
LOL !!!

Yes, I have had my eye's done ( lash enhancement) and my entire lip area. The eyes didn't hurt and very little swelling, but the lips...YIKES...they hurt so bad and lots of blood ! If you get your eyes done go for the enhancement (in between the lashes, top & bottom, looks more natural) vs the underline (under & over the lash area) , and stay away from dark black ink, it tends to fade to an ugly blue. My ex MIL went for the underline of both top and bottom, with a dark black ink and she looked scary, and when it faded you could see the lines weren't straight. Also, make sure the artist you see has a lot of experience under their belt. I have seen horror stories by inexperienced artist.

Oh yeah, it fades pretty fast, within a couple months my lips faded, my eyes took about 6 months.

Not sure if I would do it again, maybe my eyes, not the lips !

Google Kristanne Matzek, she did my eyes, she's a master, but not sure where she is located now.

Good luck !

Old 01-23-2008, 05:23 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq521 View Post
I have never known a reputable tattoo artist who was willing to put his or her equipment to my eyes
I agree. Yikes! I have lots of tattoos as well and wouldn't consider having that done near my eye. Give me the willies thinking about it.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:59 AM

Thanks for all your replies - if it fades in 6 months - why do they call it permanent??

Guess I will stick to "regular" make-up for now and switch to a pencil liner that doesn't look so obvious if it isn't perfect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty