Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:22 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Colonial Girl View Post
Women don't generally shave/wax their thighs.

I suppose that's true. I was just trying to paint a picture. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I'm not a woman but I'm fairly sure most do...

Well, she is, so I'm assuming she knows better than we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 10:48 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Charlton Heston & Tom Selleck, many others during the 70's - 90's had body hair~I love it~~

Old 12-22-2013, 10:52 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Everything goes in cycles. For men there was a time when women LOVED a hairy chest on a man.....I had lots of women who loved the feel of it against their breasts when making love. Then the smooth shaved thing came out and I had women who wanted to play barber with my private parts ! A little trim ain't bad, but the 10 year old boy look isn't my cup of tea.

Same goes for women though, there was that time when hair down below was sexy, then came the totally shaved routine..........that was pretty cool for a while, but now I am leaning more toward a little hair down there and find that sexier than the little girl look. I had a French girl come into work one day and she was pretty hot. When she raised up her arm there was a little armpit hair there, and I have to admit, on her it wasn't bad.

Yep, everything goes in cycles.

Don
I agree~ Yeah I tend view the complete hairless deal below the belt to being with a child as well...:P

Old 12-22-2013, 01:04 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Someone mentioned mustache hair on women. Frida Kahlo had a girlstache and a unibrow, yet Diego Rivera married her, so I guess he didn't find it too objectionable. But to most of us, it's unattractive.

Blonds (male & female) generally have less body hair, as do nonwhites.

Men with hairy chests make me feel more feminine during sex.

More men out there remove hair from their privates than I imagined. I used to go to swinger parties a few years ago, where we went around nude, and that's where I found that out. I still go to women's bathhouses and see that probably about 35-40% don't have all the hair on their vagina.

Old 12-22-2013, 03:35 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,607,055 times
I must say, this constant obsession with body hair by people under 35 is SO weird. I wonder why and how it developed? You young ones are STRANGE!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:12 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,584,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Exactly how "long ago was this?"
maybe he visited the dwarven women of "lord of the rings"....

As a guy who have had it most ways, upperbody hairless, whole body hairless, all natural+a healthy beard (like now), my experience is that a woman who first found it wierd comes to love the hairless style after a night or two.

My main reasons for going clean-shave top to bottom were that my FWB when I began shaving demanded it as a trade for her shaving her bush below, I then continued because i found it solving my heat issues(my volume of body-hair has a clear effect on how warm I get and how much sweating I do), especially at summer.
I still shave body parts if they get open wounds etc, because my hair otherwise grows into them and get infected, as well as feet/toes/fingers because I'm sensitive to getting hair pulled there.

All that said, I strongly prefer women to be clean shaved, as for myself anything goes, whatever she wants, between smooth and a blackbear I'll fix it. I don't really think it's much to ask as I'm clearly willing to adapt in any direction she wants, and I hate getting my mouth full of bush...

Old 12-22-2013, 06:28 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Unless you need it for aerodynamic reasons, I really see no reason for a guy to shave his arms and legs. Chest/back....I guess.
Hmm...thats weird I trim everywhere. I'm bald, I trim my armpits, chest, legs, thighs, face everywhere. Whenever I wear shorts and a wife beater women are drooling over me. Maybe they don't know I trim. But I constantly get compliments by women for my body. Muscles really doesn't show to well if its covered with hair.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,017,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Someone mentioned mustache hair on women. Frida Kahlo had a girlstache and a unibrow, yet Diego Rivera married her, so I guess he didn't find it too objectionable. But to most of us, it's unattractive.

Blonds (male & female) generally have less body hair, as do nonwhites.

Men with hairy chests make me feel more feminine during sex.

More men out there remove hair from their privates than I imagined. I used to go to swinger parties a few years ago, where we went around nude, and that's where I found that out. I still go to women's bathhouses and see that probably about 35-40% don't have all the hair on their vagina.
This thread confuses me. Alot of women are saying its unattractive for men to have no hair but that is not the reaction I get at all. Women go absolutely nuts over my body and I don't have a speck of hair on me. They especially go crazy over my height, chest, and arms and my chest is trimmed.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Don't you find that sort of peculiar? It shows that it's all relative, and due to convention. Conversely, some women think removing arm hair is weird yet removing leg hair is of course fine since it's 'convention.' If one removes leg and armpit do they really have a right to give grief to those who remove say their hair down their? Leg and armpit hair are naturally too.

I don't get why a lot of women have a problem with men being smooth. I don't shave all over myself (hell I'm lazy I barely shave my face), but I just find it weird how it's totally fine to shave your face and maybe your chest, if you have a lot of chest hair (some women are now grossed out by it) but not hair elsewhere, legs, armpits, genitals. I mean I'm sure if it was the convention for men to shave their legs women would grow accustomed to it and think hairy legs are gross. Just like men back in the 1800s or whatever had no problem with women being natural. Tbh I'm kinda glad I'm not socially pressured to shave like women are. I just think people who make a big hoo ha over women having natural body hair need to grow up. If only we all had the freedom to shave or not shave, and if only people could appreciate that...
i figure most women dont care if a man shaves his legs because we dont find male legs attractive. nobody pays attention to legs. thats why you have some guys not working out legs and for the most part nobody would even notice. when it comes to shaving the chest, a guy with a beefcake chest and low bodyfat is going to look good. hair is messy and unattractive on the body and gets in the way of something that people do find attractive.

when it comes to people who claim to like the hair, its simply a matter of accepting whats realistic for you. these old ladies with their fat hairy men are stuck with fat hairy men. they arent getting young lean stud muffins with shaved bodies. so they convince themselves that that's their preference.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 12-22-2013 at 08:02 PM..

Old 12-22-2013, 07:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i figure most women dont care if a man shaves his legs because we dont find male legs attractive. nobody pays attention to legs. thats why you have some guys not working out legs and for the most part nobody would even notice. when it comes to shaving the chest, i guy with a beefcake chest and low bodyfat is going to look good. hair is messy and unattractive on the body and gets in the way of something the people do find attractive.

when it comes to people who claim to like the hair, its simply a matter of accepting whats realistic for you. these old ladies with their fat hairy men are stuck with fat hairy men. they arent getting you lean stud muffins with shaved bodies. so they convince themselves that that's their preference.
Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty