Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:07 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,049 times

Advertisements

OK Folks! I did it, well hubby physically did it without knowing....I had a stupid pair of Eddie Bauer jeans, red, that bleed all over the washing machine turning several items PINK!

I tried Resolve "all stain" remover, and oxy clean for colored clothes...nothing came out...

One thing is white, and is nylon so I doubt that dipping it into chorine will return it to white...then a pair of socks have black and red in them as well, so again, if I put them in chlorine I don't think that "just the white" will be restored...

Now this one shirt, it beige, and got red stains on one of the shoulders and after applying the all stain remover and washing it with oxy clean the stains are STILL there.......

Is the ANYTHING that will return these items to their original color and take this horrible red dye out of them?

Thank you!

I didn't know where else to post this, so if it needs to be elsewhere please relocate....Thank you!

P.S. Eddie Bauer SUCKS! There I said it....very disappointed with this! This was a very expensive shirt too.....

Last edited by PhotoProIP; 01-06-2014 at 10:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
There are various methods you can try...and even products marketed for that. I've had some success with a box of something I bought at Walmart when my son had some dye transfer....can't remember what it was called....it more or less worked but the color was not exactly the same. Shorts were still wearable though. I think the fabric content matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post

P.S. Eddie Bauer SUCKS! There I said it....very disappointed with this! This was a very expensive shirt too.....
Before saying EB sucks...did you follow the care directions on the pants? - I'd venture to guess they indicated to wash in cold water with like colored items. Why on earth would you wash red jeans with white items? Especially an "expensive shirt"? Sorry to say that some of this is on you.

Good luck.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
There are various methods you can try...and even products marketed for that. That said, those may or may not work...
Before saying EB sucks...did you follow the care directions on the pants? - I'd venture to guess they indicated to wash in cold water with like colored items. Why on earth would you wash red jeans with white items? Especially an "expensive shirt"? Sorry to say that some of this is on you.
NOTHING ever comes out in cold water; we ALWAYS wash with cold water!

I have many jeans, many colored jeans, ORANGE JEANS, and not one has had the color come out. None are Eddie Bauer though...this was a first.

IF you don't have any suggestions, then don't type a reply.

& BTW I wasn't the one that put that load together; I wasn't even home...hubby did that...and excuse me for having a family and little time to sit around and read labels...we wash everything in cold water.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

Good luck.
Yeah, I understand that this is frustrating, but at the same time I can't imagine washing a red anything for the first time in a load with light-colored garments.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM

This was NOT the first time they were washed. This was more like the 5th time.

If you all are going to JUDGE rather than help, MODS please delete this thread, and I will find help elsewhere! I did not post this to be JUDGED! Neither myself or my husband did this purposely! as in: "gee honey, lets see if we can make everything pink today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

........and your JUDGING ME right now is not appropriate nor ON TOPIC!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
NOTHING ever comes out in cold water; we ALWAYS wash with cold water!

I have many jeans, many colored jeans, ORANGE JEANS, and not one has had the color come out. None are Eddie Bauer though...this was a first.

IF you don't have any suggestions, then don't type a reply.

& BTW I wasn't the one that put that load together; I wasn't even home...hubby did that...and excuse me for having a family and little time to sit around and read labels...we wash everything in cold water.
I actually did type some suggestions - I realized once I hit "post" I'd actually not said what I thought I'd put in....and went back to include it.

It doesn't matter who put the load together, I was responding to your comment that Eddie Bauer sucked. If the directions for care weren't followed, it's not on EB. Red is notorious for bleeding - especially the first several washes. It doesn't matter that you always wash in cold, there is good reason to separate your laundry and to read the care instructions on new garments.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:

If you all are going to JUDGE rather than help, MODS please delete this thread, and I will find help elsewhere! I did not post this to be JUDGED! Neither myself or my husband did this purposely! as in: "gee honey, lets see if we can make everything pink today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

Wow.

You are the one who ranted about Eddie Bauer.

No one is "judging" you - we all make mistakes. I guess some of us just own it better than others.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:28 AM

22,589 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:

Wow... no need for such anger.
Really.

The " stupid pair of Eddie Bauer jeans" and "Eddie Bauer SUCKS!" comments are judgmental....

If you don't want message board comments, don't post on message boards.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:48 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
I'm pretty sure Rit makes dye remover. It's found in the laundry section near the dyes. I've never tried it myself, but it's worth giving it a try.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I'm pretty sure Rit makes dye remover. It's found in the laundry section near the dyes. I've never tried it myself, but it's worth giving it a try.
Pretty sure that's the product I mentioned I used in my first post - but couldn't remember the name of. It worked "ok" - on a pair of nylon athletic shorts that were a neon green color and had something dark blue that bled and my son ended up with some blue streaks on. It seems to me that it did result in some of the black detailing turned grey but the blue came out and the shorts were wearable at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty