Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 06:28 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,612,940 times

Advertisements

It's called "Quality Control"
I never owned a clothing item that the color came out!
If I didn't have other jeans by Levi Strauss that are very brightly colored I would believe your "read the label" theory. I don't have other pants but jeans, none of which ever had color come out. EB failed here. & I looked on the label out if curiosity & it doesn't say anything about the color coming out. Says to be washed in 30 degrees water. The water here was cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 06:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
My "read the label theory"? Why exactly do you think the label is there?

Ok it said 30 degree water..what did it say about washing with other colors? Are your "brightly colored" Levis red? I'm telling you red is a different animal.

Doing laundry today. I have a shirt that specifies to line dry. It's cotton. It accidentally went into the dryer. Not on high but in the dryer nonetheless. If it shrinks, it's on me not the retailer. Even if I think a cotton shirt ought not shrink after several washings. Will I be annoyed? Sure...mostly at myself for not paying better attention to what I was doing.

If you are unhappy, write EB.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:21 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
IF you don't have any suggestions, then don't type a reply.

You post something like this on the interweb - the playground for every mind in the world - and expect to hear nothing but soothing replies from people who really care?

Old 01-07-2014, 06:48 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,693 times
Default Every guy in the dorms eventually did it. . .

. . . In an effort to save costs, we'd eventually "just throw it all in together". Every guy I know eventually had "color-tinted" whites. I washed a red towel with my whites and--you guessed it--ended up with pink underwear. Somehow, my world did not end. The sun came up the next day.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
This was NOT the first time they were washed. This was more like the 5th time.

If you all are going to JUDGE rather than help, MODS please delete this thread, and I will find help elsewhere! I did not post this to be JUDGED! Neither myself or my husband did this purposely! as in: "gee honey, lets see if we can make everything pink today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !"

........and your JUDGING ME right now is not appropriate nor ON TOPIC!
This calls for a new thread in the city-data psychology forum.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:15 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
It's called "Quality Control"
I never owned a clothing item that the color came out!
If I didn't have other jeans by Levi Strauss that are very brightly colored I would believe your "read the label" theory. I don't have other pants but jeans, none of which ever had color come out. EB failed here. & I looked on the label out if curiosity & it doesn't say anything about the color coming out. Says to be washed in 30 degrees water. The water here was cold.
What am I missing here??Water freezes at 32 degree F Are you on Centigrade.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:58 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Photopro -- you might be stuck on this one... but in the future -- keep some color catchers on hand. Shout® | Products | Shout® Color Catcher®

Quilters love these things -- because sometimes color just run, even when you do all the right things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty