Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:16 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,769,628 times

Advertisements

Walmart is only about 1-4 cents cheaper than Target. Some thing cost $3.99 at Target, Walmart has it listed at $3.97, whoopie!

I don't go to Walmart very much because I find the whole place to be full of people of subculture. Some really wild and weird people roam the walmart store while just 1-2 miles away at Target you find some of the sweetest looking kids and family shopping for necessities or getting prescriptions filled.

Every time I checkout at Walmart, I get asked for ID with my CC. This is fine but I never get carded at Target.

So I'm fine with legions of weird people shopping at walmart, just stay there and keep Target clean and empty for my family and I to enjoy.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,800,293 times
Maybe this is the reason for it!

(Like the poster below, sharp and fashionable people want to hang out with others like them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Walmart is only about 1-4 cents cheaper than Target. Some thing cost $3.99 at Target, Walmart has it listed at $3.97, whoopie!

I don't go to Walmart very much because I find the whole place to be full of people of subculture. Some really wild and weird people roam the walmart store while just 1-2 miles away at Target you find some of the sweetest looking kids and family shopping for necessities or getting prescriptions filled.

Every time I checkout at Walmart, I get asked for ID with my CC. This is fine but I never get carded at Target.

So I'm fine with legions of weird people shopping at walmart, just stay there and keep Target clean and empty for my family and I to enjoy.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,899,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Ever look around Target and Walmart? They have the same merchandise but IN GENERAL the people and the clothes they wear look completely different.

Shoppers at Target are more attractive and fashionable and Walmart..... I think this website says it all:

Funny Pictures at WalMart People Of Walmart Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart

There are exceptions. I look more like i should be shopping at Walmart, but you'll NEVER see me there. I'll be found at Target. Deal with it.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,634,728 times
There really is a difference. I go to Wal Mart only because it is on the route I take to get home so it is easier to just stop by there quickly on my way home. I NEVER buy clothes from Wal Mart. Target has a much better variety of clothes for men. Target has more variety of everything in general than Wal Mart. Target's entertainment section (DVDs, Books, CDs, Games, and Cameras) is twice the size of Wal Mart's entertainment section. Wal Mart is always extremely crowded whenever I go. Target can get crowded too but the lines are usually much faster. Target does feel a lot cleaner than Wal mart. Im not sure what makes it feel that way. There are some things that I have no problem buying at Wal Mart like food or movies or birthday cards, but I refuse to buy my clothes there.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:08 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,686,242 times
Where I am, everyone goes to both, so you see the same people...who range from unkempt to pulled together...in both.

Old 01-31-2014, 01:14 PM

722 posts, read 1,332,260 times
WALMART has everything, except nice clothes, TARGET sells nicer clothing

but for automotive, home & garden , food, ammo, Walmart is much better, more convenient

plus Walmart has better service, return policy, business hours,many locations,

when I need something I can always depend on Walmart for my needs, early in the morning or late at night, I know Walmart will be open for business

the reason you probably see more of the unusual looking people at Walmart is because everybody shops there, so your seeing a large cross section of different types of people

Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 PM

102,259 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Ever look around Target and Walmart? They have the same merchandise but IN GENERAL the people and the clothes they wear look completely different.

Shoppers at Target are more attractive and fashionable and Walmart..... I think this website says it all:

Funny Pictures at WalMart People Of Walmart Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart
No, they don't have the same merch. Target has a couple of high-end designers creating a lower-budget clothing line just for them. Wal-Mart doesn't have that. Some Targets carry high-end European-brand electronics, while Wal-Mart carries Chinese cr@p. Target and Wal-Mart aren't at all in the same bracket, imo. Target also treats its employees much better and has far better employee loyalty. Wal-Mart hires illegal aliens during its night shifts, Target hires all US citizens. The companies are like night and day, when you take a closer look. I guess that's reflected in the clientele.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:05 PM

559 posts, read 1,396,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

That's what I've noticed about the price differences, with Walmart usually being a few cents cheaper. But I did notice that the yogurt I buy is 21 cents cheaper at Target. For other things I buy like toothpaste or contact lens solution, Walmart is up to 11 cents cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Where I am, everyone goes to both, so you see the same people...who range from unkempt to pulled together...in both.
Same thing where I live.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:20 PM

6,361 posts, read 7,799,442 times
Target doesn't have crap in the aisles like Walmart does. What the difference between a Dollar Store and a Walmart?

Ummm. I can't think of any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty