Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:17 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,038,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Even if Target is HQd in Minneapolis aren't they owned by a French company? If so maybe that's one of the reasons their clothes are more fashionable.
Target Corporation is an American company. Though I'm sure they probably do have a few French stockholders.

I think they are more fashionable just because, they are not Walmart. Walmart pretty much represents everything that is wrong with the world today.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:45 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,584,196 times
I noticed the same thing too and have talked about it. I have never been to a nice Walmart though. Apparently they exist, but I'm never around them.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the quality of food found at Walmart. Every time I try to get something from there, they either don't carry it or it turns out to be very disappointing, even when it's the same brand. A few times the produce is okay, but even then I've still had mostly bad experiences.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:05 AM

17,548 posts, read 39,171,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I noticed the same thing too and have talked about it. I have never been to a nice Walmart though. Apparently they exist, but I'm never around them.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the quality of food found at Walmart. Every time I try to get something from there, they either don't carry it or it turns out to be very disappointing, even when it's the same brand. A few times the produce is okay, but even then I've still had mostly bad experiences.
Yes, Walmart food choices are terrible. They built a brand new "Neighborhood Grocery" down the street from my house and it's just awful. Not only is it almost as expensive as my regular really nice grocery store, there is almost no organic, the produce is expensive and bad, and the whole place is like a big, grey, metal depressing warehouse, with almost no cashiers and the ones that ARE there spend their time away from the register, gabbing. I only stop in there on my way home from some place on the way to pick up a case of water or something like that. I don't judge anyone who shops at Walmart, since on occasion I do so myself, but Walmart really does suck, IMO.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:25 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,451,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I am not a Walmart basher but really dislike going there. Sometimes I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards. I go there primarily because Target doesn't carry as much merchandise at our closest store. I do agree that it depends which WM you go to. The one in Roseville CA and Longmont CO are nice. We also like the King of Prussia in PA. Didn't bother me to go to these when visiting. Now the one on the southside of San Antonio, ugh!!
Saying you're not a Walmart basher doesn't change that you ARE a Walmart basher. LOL

Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,463,958 times
I have noticed some differences between shoppers at my local Targets and Walmarts in terms of fashion. I definitely see a few more butt cracks at Walmart, as well as bigger women wearing clothes that are way too small for them. There's a lot more sweatpants worn at Walmart as well. I agree that Walmart usually has a lot more weirdos there. There also seems to be a lot more ethnicities represented at Walmart. I can be in the cereal aisle and hear 7 different languages. It's a real international house of pancakes. I actually prefer Walmart. It's closer and livelier. Going to Target depresses me. There seems to be a more of a "soccer mom" vibe there and not much diversity.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Yes, Walmart food choices are terrible. They built a brand new "Neighborhood Grocery" down the street from my house and it's just awful. Not only is it almost as expensive as my regular really nice grocery store, there is almost no organic, the produce is expensive and bad, and the whole place is like a big, grey, metal depressing warehouse, with almost no cashiers and the ones that ARE there spend their time away from the register, gabbing. I only stop in there on my way home from some place on the way to pick up a case of water or something like that. I don't judge anyone who shops at Walmart, since on occasion I do so myself, but Walmart really does suck, IMO.
I've been to a WalMart in South Carolina that sells food and bought some food there. It's nowhere near as bad as the WalMart near me, but I find the food selection is not the best and I always have to go to another store to finish off the order.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:58 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Even if Target is HQd in Minneapolis aren't they owned by a French company? If so maybe that's one of the reasons their clothes are more fashionable.
No, they are not owned by a French company. That is the first time I have heard that said.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:59 AM

722 posts, read 1,330,232 times
I noticed I see a lot more senior citizens and disabled people shopping at Walmart? also more obese shoppers stocking up on snacks

seems like a lot of Walmart shoppers use the electric shopping carts because they cant walk?

you dont see many of those electric shopping carts in Target?

I guess Walmart caters to more of the lower class, disabled, retired, Welfare recipients types

and country boy hillbilly types

Old 02-01-2014, 10:06 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,204,355 times
In my area, I prefer Target for clothes and most other merchandise. However, I would give a slight edge to Walmart for those going primarily for groceries. Both Walmart and Target now provide that option.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:13 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,609,240 times
Target store brand snacks are really good. Their fruit snacks are the best!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.