Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 PM

260 posts, read 337,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
You wash your suit pants every time? I can't even imagine that. I'm getting about ready to chuck two suits because the pants are getting worn and I'd never wear them as odd jackets. Suits go the dry cleaner once a year unless something gets spilled on them.

I have a hairy dog, so I feel you there. I'm constantly carting around dog hair. There's nothing I can do about it. It doesn't come out in the washing machine. Best bet is a lint brush/roll.
Well I do dry clean them usually after each wearing. Not only is there a lot of fur but they are usually wrinkled - especially in the crotch area from sitting. I just don't feel right about putting them back on another day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 05:52 PM

5,134 posts, read 4,487,297 times
The frequency with which I wash my jeans depends on 1) what activity I was doing in them (cleaning out the attic vs. sitting around the house), and 2) the weather (walking around in rain with mud splattering on them, or perspiring on a very hot day vs. a cool spring day). After dirty activities or extreme weather, I wash them right away.

Barring any extremes, I'll wear them until they don't look fresh anymore--usually 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Yes you can wash so called good suits. I found that out during an internship at an English fashion brand.
How do you "wash" suits?

Old 02-01-2014, 06:38 PM

7,106 posts, read 4,828,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I wash jeans generally every 2-3 wears. It may not be necessary and I could probably go longer, but I pick a pair to wear for the weekend and then they go into the weekly laundry when the weekend's over. I find that I have to wash light colored khakis after every wear because they get dirty so easily, but darker pants and jeans not as often.

Like Adi, I don't really wear jeans in the summer. When it's hot, my casual pants are shorts, not jeans, and those get washed more often because of greater perspiration when it's hot. He called it "ball sweats," and like the term or not, it's pretty accurate.

Well, yeah. I wash my sports bras after every use because of "tit sweats", but I'm not going to advertise it. Jeez. The question in the OP was How Often, now Why.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:58 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Well, yeah. I wash my sports bras after every use because of "tit sweats"....
After working out, people sweat (like you mentioned). On hot days people sweat. The reasons and sweat prone regions are known to everybody, and there is nothing to hide here. I am not advertizing, just telling you like how often and without sugar coating mentioning why I wash my jeans so often. Else there will be somebody asking me "why so often ?". Best to make your point quick and informative in the first post .

Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM

14,254 posts, read 14,750,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostoneunturned View Post
How many wears can you get out of a pair of jeans without washing? Is it gross to wear them a couple times before washing? I mean, assuming no heavy sweating/stains/etc. I just hate washing them after one wear, it seems wasteful.
Two wearing's on jeans/chinos. Business suits, jackets, dress pants, etc. 3-4 times before dry cleaning. One wearing on anything else, especially underwear. I was always surprised at the amount of times a women would wear a bra (my experience 2-3 times) before washing. I would not wear an undershirt more then once.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,351,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
I usually wear mine for 2, maybe 3 times between laundering, depending on the situation they were worn in.
Same here, otherwise the knees might be a little poked out. But, I rarely wear them for longer than a few hours each time. I know most love them, but, I've never found jeans to be the most comfortable garment, regardless of cut/style.

I did recently read an article about a designer (was it Ralph Lauren?) saying to never wash them, or to do so once/yr. < Screech!! > I don't know about that, although lately, I've seen many men who look like they never launder them due to how baggy & wrinkled they are. Yikes... I beg to differ. I'm a bit of an OCD clean freak.

Note: It appears it was Tommy Hilfigger, who claims to go 6-mos+ sans washing at all.

Tommy Hilfiger thinks 'it's crazy' to throw jeans in the laundry after every wear | Mail Online

Old 02-01-2014, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 15,534 times
Every 3 wears for my skinniest ones, and my ones that aren't as skinny typically every 2 wears. Otherwise they look too worn out and baggier.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,908,253 times
A fad in high-end jeans is to wash them once when new and then not wash them again for months, so they won't fade. Good grief. You can't imagine how filthy jeans get, 100% cotton absorbs an enormous amount of sweat and the denim weave itself traps dirt. You wash your jeans after every wear.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:27 PM

358 posts, read 512,568 times
Wow, I was feeling bad because I tend to go 3 or 4 times without washing them. If I had more pants I would wash them after every use.

No way in heck a civilized person can go weeks or months without washing their pants! You have to at least rinse them.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,214,087 times
I just put my jeans to wash for this week. During the rare occasion of ankle deep snow, it gets wet. As soon as I enter home, it goes to the wash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty