Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:35 AM

373 posts, read 589,787 times

Advertisements

For men, they go into the wash after "peepee" sprinkles become visible or there has been work in dirty muddy conditions. Usually a month or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 12:39 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,974,378 times
There are jeans I wear for working outside, cleaning the house, whatever tasks where one might get dirty and exert themselves, and these get washed every two to three times worn, or sooner if they get especially dirty.

Then there are my nicer jeans I'll wear for work, socializing, and so on. These only get washed once or twice a month, in cold water, with little to no soap, and hung to dry. I mean, I work in an office, live in a moderate climate, am not much of a sweater, and have very good personal hygiene. More frequently just seems unnecessary, plus it fades 'em, and I like an unfaded, dark indigo wash.

This might sound shocking but in seasons other than summer I also wear dress shirts as many as three to five times before washing them. If I'm freshly showered, wearing an undershirt, and I wear the thing to a temperature-controlled office where I don't sweat a single drop all day and then back home, would it REALLY make sense to consider the shirt "dirty"? Because it was exposed to some dust particles and my filthy filthy forearms? Doesn't make sense.

I know of course it's quite different for those in hotter climates.

Old 02-03-2014, 12:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,237,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Most jeans today are designed to look a bit dirty, so that makes it easier to get away without washing them too often. The way they smell is probably more important than the way they look.
I wash jeans that I use for yard work more often, but my expensive raw denim, I go as long as possible to get the desired wear showing on them. I spot clean them, and then if you put them in a large ziplock bag and leave them in a deap freezer for a day, it kills any bacteria in them that causes any smell. But I'd say 6 months is about as long as I'll go with raw denim. Then a wash in cold, inside out, and hang to dry.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:36 PM

4,233 posts, read 6,913,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuffedCabbage View Post
For men, they go into the wash after "peepee" sprinkles become visible or there has been work in dirty muddy conditions. Usually a month or so.
based on your post, I'm assuming by "men" you are referring to toddlers? otherwise..

Old 02-03-2014, 09:11 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,863,540 times
I guess I don't wash mine that often unless they get dirty, but everyday wear, I don't see the need. I am concerned when they shrink up and then are uncomfortable after washing. I also was reading how new darker jeans will stain the light colored leather seats in a car when you get in and out.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 AM

7 posts, read 10,346 times
I go with 3 times. I feel as if washing them frequently, lightens the shade ;-)

Old 02-04-2014, 04:41 AM

12 posts, read 15,019 times
I wear them at least three times before I wash them if the weather's sunny. If it's all muddy and rainy then it's a different story.

Old 02-04-2014, 10:25 AM

29,506 posts, read 14,668,503 times
There are people that are really into denim, I mean high end $300 type jeans that wash them once a year or less. I think there was a contest on Styleforum or something like that were some people were doing a two year challenge to see how this particular pair of raw selvidge jeans would hold up.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:53 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
this thread is getting more and more interesting. From ball sweat to tit sweat, to baby powder on balls and peepeeee sprinkling on jeans. I am waiting for the vagina sweat ... anybody? Or butt sweat?

Old 02-05-2014, 04:36 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,215,983 times
I just had to wash 2 pairs of jeans in 3 days. Slushy wet snow truly sucks and makes your jeans dirty really fast. ICK .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty