Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:49 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

All of our clothing gets washed after it has been worn one time and it is washed once a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
After every wear but I never, ever put them in the dryer. The dryer is what breaks down your clothes. Also, I wash them in cold water.

I do buy expensive jeans. True Religion, Citizens, Paige, James, 7, Chip & Pepper, etc.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:20 AM

722 posts, read 1,328,797 times
I wear jeans numerous times before washing and I always hang dry to keep them from getting extra wear & tear and also to prevent shrinkage, well worn jeans fit so much better than jeans that have been in a dryer, then you have to wear them a couple times for them to mold and stretch out again to feel comfortable, so I avoid the dryer

sometimes I wear the same jeans all winter and wash them in the spring, but this is only for casual wear, not doing yard work or something

I never wash after one wearing unless I used them on a fishing trip or sweated on a hot day

also depends on the climate, but during cool dry seasons I probably wear the same jeans at least 5 times before laundering

same with outer garments like sweaters, I wear them numerous times and wash them in the spring and put them away until next winter

Old 02-01-2014, 09:42 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Innumerable times between washings.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:40 AM

260 posts, read 337,748 times
I wash all my clothes each time I wear them (except sometimes sweaters and suit jackets). No matter how clean I think I am - we have lots of cats and their fur gets on everything.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:46 AM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
I wear them until they are dirty. Then I wash 'em. That could be once or up to twenty times (maybe even more).

Old 02-01-2014, 11:42 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaCat View Post
I wash all my clothes each time I wear them (except sometimes sweaters and suit jackets). No matter how clean I think I am - we have lots of cats and their fur gets on everything.
You wash your suit pants every time? I can't even imagine that. I'm getting about ready to chuck two suits because the pants are getting worn and I'd never wear them as odd jackets. Suits go the dry cleaner once a year unless something gets spilled on them.

I have a hairy dog, so I feel you there. I'm constantly carting around dog hair. There's nothing I can do about it. It doesn't come out in the washing machine. Best bet is a lint brush/roll.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:14 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
I wash our clothes every time we wear them. The only exception are jackets and my husband's uniform pants, which he says are more comfortable the second day.

Jeans do get stinky after about the second time they're worn. Some people get used to the smell of their clothes and don't notice it, but other people can smell it.

I used to work at a dry cleaners and I'd have some customers who'd wear their clothes a lot between cleanings...some of their clothes would be so foul I had to put on gloves to handle them. Some fabrics like silk seem to hold odors and they don't come out very well when they're cleaned.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:23 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have gone as long as 2 weeks. But typically 5 days is my limit in winter. In summer, its almost every day if I have to wear jeans because of ball sweats. But usually I wear only shorts between May-September.
Please stay down wind!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:25 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
You wash your suit pants every time? I can't even imagine that. I'm getting about ready to chuck two suits because the pants are getting worn and I'd never wear them as odd jackets. Suits go the dry cleaner once a year unless something gets spilled on them.

I have a hairy dog, so I feel you there. I'm constantly carting around dog hair. There's nothing I can do about it. It doesn't come out in the washing machine. Best bet is a lint brush/roll.
SO gets fresh dress clothes daily; sometimes twice. Yes you can wash so called good suits. I found that out during an internship at an English fashion brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty