Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 07:57 PM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I don't know why they call it "going commando". So stupid.

Anyway, it's unhygenic to not wear underwear.

Panty lines only mean you're not wearing the correct size panties. Try going up a size and you won't have panty lines.
Sure, and then you'll have panty lines and extra folds! I've rarely had underwear that won't give me panty lines so I wear thongs. And yes, I've gone commando. As far as hygiene, how is it any different than wearing underwear? You wash your underwear, you wash your clothes too don't you?

<edit> I finished the thread so understand why some think its a sanitary issue. I'm still good with my methods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 08:02 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
It can be kinda fun now and then when you are out on a date with your hubbie to let him know you are commando ... just sayin

Old 03-02-2014, 08:24 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
^^

Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
I go commando around the house and have gone on short errands commando. In the summer, I wear thin shorts and in the winter, sweat pants. I like the feeling and think it is good to let the boys have freedom. JMHO

Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
It's fun, free & sexy.......
Lol that's all I'm sayin'

Old 03-02-2014, 09:49 PM

4,208 posts, read 4,458,844 times
I thought 'Commando' is the after effect of a successful "Panty Raid"?

OK, seriously, it has probably been covered already, but, there are a few things to consider for us men strictly due to the 'engineering'. The package is best kept snugly nestled and in a 'goldilocks' state (not to cold - not to hot; sperm count) - too much freedom and things can become unduly scrunched, pinched or become unruly and slap us depending on what activities (active vs sedentary) one is engaged in - very uncomfortable. And you have the wildcard of disparate quality of pant / short quality construction (coarseness of material, where the seams, zippers, and stitching may be etc...) that can at times make commando unbearable.

Women don't have this level of engineering problems to deal with from a comfort level. And from the engineering perspective for a woman, it is good to get air circulation.

Commando is healthier in some extreme conditions as was already mentioned - from military experience in tropical climates - and creating an unhealthy environment for breeding bacteria / fungus et al. I do like commando occasionally during summer months (rarely ever in public except a few times at the beach), but frequently inside.

At other end of the spectrum you have the cold water effect, which, if the package was in that state normally, going commando would likely be more tolerable. Think Seinfeld and George's 'Shrinkage'

The Best of Seinfeld - The Shrinkage - YouTube

Old 03-03-2014, 02:15 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
It's fun, free & sexy.......
Lol that's all I'm sayin'

are you sharon stone?

Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Sometimes I throw on sweats when I get up and plan to hang around that house. Just sweats. They are thick and loose and don't give anything away should someone happen to see me.

I'd never put on regular clothing or go out without a bra and panties though.

Old 03-03-2014, 04:30 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,411,086 times
i think you generally need a buffer between you genitalia and your britches

but thats just me

Old 03-03-2014, 04:45 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
For those who don't know ... "going commando" is a slang term for not wearing any underwear under your clothes.

Here at C-D there are folks of every opinion, pursuasion, and lifestyle; therefore I will ask the question: do you ever "go commando"? What is your reason? What are the benefits? Perhaps you tried it and you'll never do it again? Do you consider it sexy?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Never heard the term "commando" before. Sounds downright silly for something as uncomplicated as not wearing any gd underwear.

In days of yore in the spring or summer on non-work days, I would shower in the a.m., put on running shoes, a pair of jeans and a tee shirt and go out. Never did it with chinos or other pants. I did it because I liked the feeling of having no clothes on under my outside clothes..as much no socks and no undershirt, as the briefs. (Hate undershirts.)

Now, aging has brought a leaky bladder onto the radar, and the possibility of wet spots have put an end to that former era. On the other hand, I never wear anything in the house except a tee shirt (keep a pair of sweats by the door to don for the benefit of unexpected, modest visitors)....but that was already another thread, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty