Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:46 PM

551 posts, read 583,202 times

Advertisements

I don't think most styles or brands sold there are terribly comfortable, but occasionally I've found a winner. I have one pair of cute suede-look mocs that I bought in 2005 that still are in great shape and are very comfy. I can't believe they've held up as I've worn them frequently. I've also bought cute sandals and cheap trendy styles (when they're only in style for one season, why spend more than $30?). The Champions (as mentioned above) are a good brand for a casual sport shoe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 08:47 PM

19 posts, read 23,153 times
All of these comments have to be from women with size 10 or smaller feet. If your a size 11 but more specifically a 12, Payless is more often than not the ONLY store that has a selection at a reasonable price. I may hate their plastic shoes, but until designers cater to larger sizes, then this is all Iv got.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:22 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
I am not sure why some people spend $100 on shoes so they could last 2 years or more.

I mean,doesn't shoe styles change up every yr?

That is why I choose Payless.
Yes,they are cheap,but I could switch up faster. Meaning,I do not want to wear the same shoes for 5 yrs.

Zappos prices are crazy for shoes that are not the best looking styles.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:27 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I am not sure why some people spend $100 on shoes so they could last 2 years or more.

I mean,doesn't shoe styles change up every yr?

That is why I choose Payless.
Yes,they are cheap,but I could switch up faster. Meaning,I do not want to wear the same shoes for 5 yrs.

Zappos prices are crazy for shoes that are not the best looking styles.
Zappos has a huge variety and from what i can tell a great return policy but they are sooo way out of my budget. on the other hand i pay no attention to styles unless need be so if i can get a pair of shoes that lasts for a few years im fine with that too. For me, shoes that i pay extra (over $50) for dont get worn but maybe 2-3 times a month.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:00 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,024,549 times
Payless used to be an OK store. Now its more about the accessories for me. And why are they still calling themselves Payless? Have u seen their prices?
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
What do you think of the quality? Do you think they are fair in comfort, style, durability etc. for their price?

Old 03-27-2014, 06:52 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rese5ft10 View Post
All of these comments have to be from women with size 10 or smaller feet. If you're a size 11 but more specifically a 12, Payless is more often than not the ONLY store that has a selection at a reasonable price. I may hate their plastic shoes, but until designers cater to larger sizes, then this is all I've got.
There's another chain called Famous Footwear. I went in one day but they had no 11s, so I was walking out and the manager asked if he could help me. I said, no, because you don't carry my size. He said that they do, but they get a limited number in the larger sizes, and the women who wear 11s and 12s know that the shipments come in on Tuesday and so they come in on Tuesday and buy what's available.

It's difficult, I know. I have large feet because I'm also six-feet-one-inch tall, and there are no clothing stores for women like me, either. I have to buy online. If you weigh 400 pounds, there are clothing stores for you. If you wear a six 8 triple wide, there are shoe stores for you. If you are tall and/or have larger feet, you're out of luck.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:20 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,602,397 times
I've bought shoes there for years. It's one of the few places locally where I can find wide width shoes. I need to try on my shoes before buying so online purchases (Zappos) are more of a hassle for me.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more for better quality, wide width, non fugly shoes....but where, locally could I find such shoes? They're either cheap or $100+...no in between here.

Old 03-27-2014, 04:01 PM

670 posts, read 1,044,658 times
I think at Payless, you get what you pay for. If I just needed some crazy-colored shoe to wear with one outfit a couple times, I might consider getting them at Payless...but their shoes are not durable.

It is so easy to find great shoes at fantastic prices online.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:41 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,063 times
Payless: Where I would go and spend my limited paycheck during my college years to get a few cute shoes. Granted, many weren't the most comfortable, but I had a couple pairs of sandals that were decent and lasted a few years. I also had four pairs of winter boots that lasted me a few years also (one I still have) The one reason I replaced the two sandals and three pairs of boots was because I was ready for something different.

I haven't shopped in a while, since it's more convenient for me to go to Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Burlington Coat, DSW, etc. when there's a sale. But since I don't typically keep flats and flip flops longer than 2 seasons (with a couple exceptions), I'm checking their site just for curiosity. They usually have styles one can find elsewhere at an affordable price... . Apparently it has been a while: since when is $19.99 a "sale" price for one pair of flats? I remember buying shoes on sale for half of that. How times have changed... .

Old 03-28-2014, 04:11 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,688,290 times
I think that places like Payless are basically for people shopping within their means. Sure a $200 pair of shoes may last forever but when your budget only allows $35 for shoes then you do what you have to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty