Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 09:19 PM

102,258 posts, read 108,238,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
The first pic would be the closest.

Ruth why would I dress up in my house? I am married and want to be comfortable. Since I work from home casual is a fringe benefit. Casual outside is jeans and cargo pants not inside, but yeah I see your point. My wife actually hates jeans, no kidding. I don't know why.

It's pretty rare I was just curious. Typically I will run errands in sweat pants or whatever they are called these days
I just don't understand why people wouldn't dress at home. Why go around in pajamas, or equivalent, all day? Is this a European thing, where you dress super-casually at home, then change your clothes whenever you go out? Is life devolving to the point where everyone will wear nothing but underwear at home, and feel perfectly comfortable making a quick run to the store in the same state?

Just call me old-fashioned, I guess. I'm perfectly comfortable in jeans at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,350,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
"Leisure pants" is what flannel pajama pants are called in the men's department.
Ahhhhh. *light bulb moment*

The late spouse had a pair that were festooned with the prism logo from the cover of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon".

Since the OP doesn't seem to know what a real leisure suit is:

What Were We Thinking? A Look Back at Leisure Suits (with Photos) | DailyMan40.com

Old 03-26-2014, 09:23 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,511,427 times
Ohio I was afraid that was what your were referring to..............gawd no.......I wouldn't wear that to a disco party.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:27 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just don't understand why people wouldn't dress at home. Why go around in pajamas, or equivalent, all day? Is this a European thing, where you dress super-casually at home, then change your clothes whenever you go out? Is life devolving to the point where everyone will wear nothing but underwear at home, and feel perfectly comfortable making a quick run to the store in the same state?

Just call me old-fashioned, I guess. I'm perfectly comfortable in jeans at home.
Simple; because we dont have to. If i have no plans to go out then i'll throw on a pair of sweats and a tshirt maybe a pair of tennis shoes for me to take the dog out and go check the mail. However unless i have to go to the store or anyplace that has a "no shirt no shoes no service" policy im wearing comfy veg clothes around the house.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:28 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,225,680 times
Quote:

Because they're comfortable. If I'm not going anywhere, I'm in yoga pants at best.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Because they're comfortable. If I'm not going anywhere, I'm in yoga pants at best.
same here. if it werent for the teenager living with us for now id be in far more comfy attire than what im usually in these days.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,502,533 times
Quote:

Who cares what other people wear around their own home?

Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,784,300 times
I sometimes go in my leisure suit...
Attached Thumbnails
Do you ever go out in leisure pants?-leisure.jpg  

Old 03-27-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I sometimes go in my leisure suit...
I generally try to find a restroom

Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,977,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
So do you ever go out in leisure pants, if so what instances?

If I am going to Wmart it's evening and I need 1-2 things I may since I work from home.

Even when I do I try to make sure they are "decent"plaid pattern. I saw a few women shopping in them with bunnies and stuff on them.

Just curious
I don't feel particularly comfortable leaving the house in any kind of leisure wear or exercise gear. I'll do it just to go to the gym or yoga, but I don't like it.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I don't like going out in public not being properly dressed- that is, "real" pants and a shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty