Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 05:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
How many of you have seen a man with cellulite?
Never...stretch marks, on the other hand, are fairly equal opportunity.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:13 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's easy to get rid of, with proper diet and exercise.
I disagree. Most women have it. Even super models. It's genetic. You can shrink it, but it probably won't disappear completely.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:20 PM

132 posts, read 117,543 times
No stretch marks ever and a fairly rock hard muscular body from my job and working out both.

I'd never judge a woman on that.

The body type I most prefer has it.

I like the curvy girls.

Only boney butts may be without. I wanna feed them a cheeseburger anyways.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:25 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I think cellulite is a circulation problem. First thing I noticed after starting to do exercises in water was the I no longer had any cellulite any place that the water had moved against my body.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:30 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I disagree. Most women have it. Even super models. It's genetic. You can shrink it, but it probably won't disappear completely.
My experience and everything I've read note that there are treatments that can temporarily diminish the appearance of cellulite, but that's really all.

I would be open to visible proof that someone can have cellulite, and then lose it, I've just never seen it. Not even in cases of dramatic weight loss. If there was cellulite there before, there's cellulite after. I guess if I'd ever known of a single instance where cellulite had been present and then vanished, I'd be more inclined to buy into it, but like I said, that hasn't happened.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
As noted, cellulite exists on almost all women. It's just fat, and as most women store healthy fat in their hips, thighs, and butts, then that's where we tend to get it. We also have thinner skin than men due to hormones, which is why men rarely have cellulite and women almost always do.

When you get older, the skin thins and so cellulite "appears" because the fat is simply more visible beneath. So that's why young women often have less visible cellulite.

Losing weight can help reduce cellulite since its just fat, but often some is left is those areas where women store fat. Or someone may not have excess fat but still have cellulite in some areas anyway. Building up muscle helps obscure it, but its still there. Many women would have to have an unhealthy level of low body fat to totally get rid of cellulite.

To those blaming the western diet and lifestyle for it, look into art history and you'll see that soft, lumpy fat has been more common than not on the female form. It's possible these modern things make cellulite worse, but our beauty ideals are increasingly "fake" too.

That said, I'm brainwashed enough by retouched mannequin-like images in our culture to not like the look of cellulite. A little is expected on the upper thigh area on women, so it definitely doesn't gross me out, but a lot of it doesn't look good to me either. When exposed, skin looks better when smooth and firm, but again, my tastes are influenced by my culture.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:39 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim71new View Post
Do you find cellulite to be a turn-off?

Yes for me. It is a high concentration of fat which shows wrinkly/wavy look. This is a sign of a lack of exercise, proper diet, and overall care of the body.

Guys, does cellulite on females bother you?
Its a huge turnoff. a HUUUUUGGGEEEE turnoff. Its as much as a turnoff as if she is a smoker. As much of a turn off as if she has clinical strength halitosis. As much of a turnoff as if she is a candidate for the "My 500 Pound Life" tv show. As much of a turn off as if she chews tobacco and carries her "spittin'" cup around with her. Cellulite is just horrible to see.

Don't care about all the "Oh everyone has some cellulite.....blah blah blah blah......" that people always say when this arises in a thread topic. It just is not true that everyone has visible cellulite. And don't want to hear all the "Oh, so what if your wife got cellulite? Would you find her a turnoff as well.....blah blah blah blah.....".

Cellulite is super unattractive and a complete turn-off.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:42 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
Its a huge turnoff. a HUUUUUGGGEEEE turnoff. Its as much as a turnoff as if she is a smoker. As much of a turn off as if she has clinical strength halitosis. As much of a turnoff as if she is a candidate for the "My 500 Pound Life" tv show. As much of a turn off as if she chews tobacco and carries her "spittin'" cup around with her. Cellulite is just horrible to see.

Don't care about all the "Oh everyone has some cellulite.....blah blah blah blah......" that people always say when this arises in a thread topic. It just is not true that everyone has visible cellulite. And don't want to hear all the "Oh, so what if your wife got cellulite? Would you find her a turnoff as well.....blah blah blah blah.....".

Cellulite is super unattractive and a complete turn-off.
Sheesh, I really hope you are a gay guy (since men have much less cellulite, and possibly also because men have thicker skin), because according to numerous medical papers "Cellulite is a condition affecting the dermal and subdermal compartment and developing on thighs and buttocks of almost every woman. "

Almost every woman.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:50 PM

686 posts, read 1,231,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Sheesh, I really hope you are a gay guy (since men have much less cellulite, and possibly also because men have thicker skin), because according to numerous medical papers "Cellulite is a condition affecting the dermal and subdermal compartment and developing on thighs and buttocks of almost every woman. "

Almost every woman.
They key part of your post is "Almost". None of the women I have ever dated had visible cellulite. My wife doesn't have any either. Maybe its because just about every women I have ever dated was athletic and had very strong commitment to health/fitness. Im talking eating right, maintaining low (but healthy) body fat percentages, working out, etc. Cellulite is just a gross turnoff to me.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:10 PM

802 posts, read 1,682,595 times
While I'm not nearly as adamant as the poster above, I will say that cellulite is certainly not a deal breaker, but it is a bit of a turn-off. Just my honest opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty